A Legend | Vital Football

A Legend

fanforlife

Alert Team
A legend was created at Carrow Road 50 years Ago...33 Years in total at the club. 13 of them as a player, seven in the commercial department and 13 as the club’s chief scout.

Attachments

• image (1).jpg
    image (1).jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 4
Is that Duncan Forbes and Cyrill Regis ?

I was not a football fan as a teenager so I have never seen Forbes play

A man of steel.....Zero degrees in winter and Big Dunc would come running out of the tunnel shirt sleeves rolled up!

A very tough man that as far as I can recall was never sent off.
My best memory of him was away at Derby when I was still at School and he scored the opening goal before we lost 3 1.
No separation in those days. When he scored we were surrounded by Derby fans.

I think it is too.
I recall when we first got into division 1 and he played against Arsenal and we won 3 2 and he played brilliantly and Arsenal manager praised him greatly but I think we bought him from them ?

I think it is too.
I recall when we first got into division 1 and he played against Arsenal and we won 3 2 and he played brilliantly and Arsenal manager praised him greatly but I think we bought him from them ?

Was that in Sept 1972? It was my first ever match at CR after starting big school at nearly 12 years old. I was behind goal in River End and can picture that goal now.

Yep well done, Terry Anderson....Bought from Arsenal as said by DG

Found dead at 35 years old Nr Gt Yarmouth, went on a run never returned, found drowned one week later..Tragic.