A heartfelt message | Page 2 | Vital Football

A heartfelt message

Aren't all US Presidents "war Presidents" ?

Sask, you are quite correct. The raw stats mean little without context. I am sure the seemingly massive difference between death rates in Germany and Italy is largely down to different methods of testing, categorizing and sampling.

Very true. I just learned today that the bodies from general deaths in Germany (that had not been treated for coronavirus) have not been tested to see if they actually had it. So their death rates from the virus may actually be much higher. In other countries they are testing bodies to see if it was corona virus related.

Boris is a buffoon he hasn't heeded the warnings from other countries and he has let the vast majority of this country that voted for him down very badly.

I don't particularly like Boris , but he and the government followed the advice of the medical and scientific people, which seems a sensible approach. I wouldn't want politicians that didn't do that and made the decisions on their own or on the basis of what might be trending on social media. And the plan that was published quite a while ago stated that the measures would be ramped up as the cases increased. The medical advice recommended the current lockdown as the growth has accelerated, partly because some of the public dont feel they need to take it seriously or interrupt their selfish lives, with no social responsibility. Nowhere in the world have any governments, health services, the media or the general public been prepared for this and some things could have been done better (for example absolutely clear and consistent messages and making sure we had reserve stocks of protective equipment, even though the scale would have been difficult to predict).
We will get through this but people need to follow instructions and advice rather than questioning everything (if they dont agree with it) , even when the medical and scientific community have explained the reasons for doing so. One of the most logical and level headed persons I have seen is Dr Hillary of GMB who provides some balance to that numpty, Piers Morgan, who has now become irresponsible (rather than challenging) because he shouts down everyone he disagrees with. Thank God he is not running the country, even if he probably thinks he should be!

I think you will find that Singapore and Taiwan were rather well prepared. As far as following scientific advice goes, that is a useful buck passing strategy when hitherto the scientific advice has differed wildly from the rest of the world. I don't much like Boris and co but I do appreciate the current regime he has set out for us. It is so much more liveable with than the more draconian measures in Italy and Spain but it does require people to be responsible.

Aren't all US Presidents "war Presidents" ?

Sask, you are quite correct. The raw stats mean little without context. I am sure the seemingly massive difference between death rates in Germany and Italy is largely down to different methods of testing, categorizing and sampling.

Right bear, but this 'wartime president' is the most inept ever

Boris is the type to listen to the advice and disregard it he doesn’t inspire me with any confidence at all.

Most people including Politicians,Scientists are dealing with an unknown virus and working in the dark.Hoping someone finds the light switch soon.

Dave - any tips from you? You must have been involved in one or two lockdowns over the years. Hope everything is ok in these challenging times?

Idiots ignoring it Pete.
For work - we aren't dealing with some people with our moral compass.
It's a long game, only just started and not going to get any easier. Peak in London- 12 April prediction.

Personally I'm shattered. Emither = 140 new today, 5 teleconferences - one which prompted a email from a Chief Inspector which sdad we share your frustration " you didn't mute your microphone after your piece".
60+ partners on the phone.
A crawling apology later met with don't worry you gave us all a laugh...
Don't think I have heard the last of that one...:halo:

Dave, it is not as if you can chill out much away from work. Keep safe. I think the 12 April sounds about right. The growth in cases elsewhere is worrying, not least the US, where the number of cases are increasing by nearly 15k per day.Difficult times.

We WILL get through this people! It doesn't help when some numpty in the media says; "it's a serious threat to humanities existence"......

Fool.

At 8pm this evening everyone in our road went out of their front door to clap for the health carers. Could also hear the noise from elsewhere in the village including some car horns. Same elsewhere across the country tonight.
Heroes preparing for the tsunami to come

well I'm sound I am I've got 16 chickens and they are laying at the peak of powers right now.

God bless him I’m sure he’ll be fine, well hope he is anyway.