A fair price for Armstrong? | Vital Football

A fair price for Armstrong?

With only 1 year to go on his contract, I'd say £7m is a great price for us. We always know that we struggle to get decent cash from the English clubs for our players because they consider Scotland to be of a lesser level than the English Championship or some of them even think less than League One and that then impacts even Celtic. So despite being a Scotland international with Champions League experience and a winner of quite a few trophies in his time with us compared to someone playing in England's Championship who's never been near the English youth setup never mind full international side and has never been in a European game of any kind, EPL teams would normally rather pay more money to another English team than pay us what we should. I like Armstrong but for the club, this was too good a deal to turn down. He's not irreplaceable but I think we'll still miss his drive and energy!

Excellent price at any time for a decent but inconsistent player who hardly kicked his own arse last season. For a player in the last year of his contract, however, it's an exceptional price!

Welcome to the forum Weedocbhoy :tophat:

Latest Celtic News