A drinker like me | Page 5 | Vital Football

A drinker like me

Was interesting bit in the Joys of Sobriety book where she says hangovers/getting over the booze is about 3 days. So tallies with how you often feel so rotten after, like a delayed reaction!

Apparently, it takes around 72 hours for all traces of alcohol to leave your system. So even if the hangover does/doesn't last that long, the alcohol is still kicking around and having an effect on your system.

Talking about this and watching that documentary has got me thinking about the food I eat. Bear with me. Chiles was obviously in denial or unaware of how huge his alcohol intake was. Every day gave another excuse to drink more than 'normal'.

I think that I eat healthily. I generally don't eat fast food. I do have a sweet too though and I eat out so much that a home-cooked meal is a real treat. Still, I have a dad bod and I definitely don't exercise enough.

I think I should start a food diary to track of how much junk I'm actually eating.

Exercise, no doubt, being your missing ingredient! (y)

Haha JPA! I will get you a Kafes then! Zakari kai Gala?

I am sure you can work that out.

Oh and it's mia bier for a beer out in Greece. One week and I will be home

11 days into dry January. Would love a nice red wine tonight! Can only do it until 26th as I'm at villa corporate on that day (was meant to be feb for my 50th but fixture changes fucked that up)

This would be easier if I was able to be training at the moment I think. Got a kidney infection so can't really judge if I feel any better off the booze.

They covered dry Jan (whatever they call it) on food uncovered. The presenter is 44 but when drinking his skin age was judged by tests to be 50ish. In the month he reversed that.

He also had fat around his liver which off the drink was reduced.

17 days in. Not been well all month, so hard to judge really but I think it is probably the Universe telling me to drink?!

16 days in for me and not been tempted at all and not missed it at all.

Even went to the pub for 3 hours last night and drank diet coke. No problem. No temptation. Even resisted the nuts and bombay mix due to diet.

God I can be boring when I set my mind to it.

16 days in for me and not been tempted at all and not missed it at all.

Even went to the pub for 3 hours last night and drank diet coke. No problem. No temptation. Even resisted the nuts and bombay mix due to diet.

God I can be boring when I set my mind to it.

Try doing 16 years Deano, never mind 16 days :lol: LOL. Yup hard to believe ''I'm sweet 16'' years sober in March in about 8 weeks:party:

Seeing our dear leader and Deano talking about going two weeks without booze made me think of what a normal alcohol intake is. I think I'll start a poll on it.

I have a huge announcement to make. Gather around folks.

I didn't start the poll in the end. I looked at it but I couldn't be arsed. I know how disappointed you all must be.

In other news, I drank two bottles of red ale last night. I was in M&S yesterday and they have a range of British beers so I bought 4 different ones to try. I had a Cornish Red Ale and a Greenwich Red Ale. Both were nice.

I had cranberry juice. Today I will have cranberry juice, tomorrow I will.... You can guess!

Dry January ends for me next Saturday at villa.