A dangerous precedent? | Vital Football

A dangerous precedent?

This has to raise the question as to whether the footballing authorities will see this as an opportunity........

Will their eyes be twinkling at the prospect of the ‘A’ team’s from the world’s biggest clubs competing in some form of “World League” whilst their ‘B’ teams continue to undertake their domestic league or cup competitions?

This has to raise the question as to whether the footballing authorities will see this as an opportunity........

Will their eyes be twinkling at the prospect of the ‘A’ team’s from the world’s biggest clubs competing in some form of “World League” whilst their ‘B’ teams continue to undertake their domestic league or cup competitions?
Bloody well hope not Skoorb.

So do I but I can see the logic in these circumstances as there is zero space in the calendar and the dippers, not really too bothered about the EFL cup, basically played a youth team last time anyway. The days of ‘disrespecting the cup’ (well this cup) appear to be a thing of the past.

We are one of the few European countries that still runs a second domestic cup competition but I cannot see the EFL ditching their cup competition. Maybe the dippers could enter at an even later stage? The Final maybe?

On a serious note, PL clubs engaged in European comps already get partial ‘byes’ so the concept of adjusting the competition exists and might need to be further adapted to allow ‘reserves’ to participate on a more agreed, acknowledged basis. Players with less than X appearances the previous season etc.

I still don't see an issue with Big Clubs putting out a second string team in a lesser competition, all Klop wanted was some press sympathy for his Clubs situation brought about by success, which is what he wanted in the first place.

There does need to be an acknowledgement of the pressures on clubs that are in multiple competitions. Everyone from clubs to football authorities to sponsors want the best possible 'product' but it is incredibly intense at the top levels of any sport and expecting players to deliver A+ performances every 2-4 days is a big ask. I know it's their job but how many of us can produce top grade work without a dip week after week etc.

Someone once described it to me using the analogy of a student being expected to deliver 3000+ word pieces of work on different topics town A* standard every 3 days.......(and that's without carrying an injury or knock.....well, maybe a paper cut ?)

^ Sorry, still zero sympathy from me, they only play twice a week, I had to work 7 days many times.

The Domestic competitions must be protected, it is the lifeblood of the lower league Clubs and they all hope for a good run but their prize is a Club in the premiership away from home or a home tie full to the Gunnells with fans.

If UEFA or FIFA who are not out to promote football, let us not be fooled about this as the fat cats within both organisations have lined their own pockets for decades and these World Club games could be well played at the end of season and not in regular season, hence the reason we do not know what will happen when the World Cup goes to Qatar in the midst of winter and the busiest part of our own season because the vote was rigged for money.

There are more International games every season taking weeks out of the calendar and too many games to play to fulfil all the fixtures.

One of the solutions in my opinion, not popular but is increasingly becoming obvious, is to reduce the size of the Premier League by two teams thereby taking 4 games out of the list, it would mean a major restructure of the leagues.

Another solution is to reduce the number of Internationals, this too would free up a great number of weeks and reduce the number of injuries players receive on these matches, but I think this suggestion would be cut off at the knees by these money-grabbing bastards who sit at the top table. Have you ever noticed at games like Wembley where the best seats are saved for the Corporate bodies and empty at HT so they can get to the free bar paid and bought by the fans and usually takes 10 minutes into the second half before they resume their seats at a match they literally have no interest in.

I would like the EFL cup to be contested without the PL being involved. That would keep the competition going but solely for the lower leagues.

Perhaps, but it would be a tremendous lift for the fans of the lower league clubs to be in with a much better chance of some silverware.

I would like the EFL cup to be contested without the PL being involved. That would keep the competition going but solely for the lower leagues.
Can't agree with that, the romance of any Cup is getting KO'd by a lesser team, ok getting to the final never happens, but a good cup run can top up the coffers.