A announcement from Chris Who | Page 4 | Vital Football

A announcement from Chris Who

Whereabouts do you live now?
Thought about moving to the coast somewhere?
That's s good point, my quack reckons living where I do goes a long way to keeping it manageable and that the damage is being done by working in London........I'll be putting that right in a tad over 18 months from now 🙂

Whereabouts do you live now?
Thought about moving to the coast somewhere?
At my age the easiest thing to do job wise is to transfer .My contract is s good one for the type of work that I do.i can't afford early retirement. Living in Medway and working near the M20 is only getting worse year by year.As I said before I promised the wife a move.If I moved to the Kent coast it is unlikely I would work again and if I did it would be on a very poor or non contract basis.

Where I live is one of the healthiest places on the planet , according to the World Health Organistion. It depends on what you want , but I live a cheap and simple life.
I don't live in a fancy villa , and I drive an old car.

Beautiful part of the world. We used to holiday in moraira when kids were little. I'd move out there tomorrow.

Not far from me Mark.
My point really is about the air quality.
Many Brits I have spoken to over the years have noticed the improvement in their bronchial health (as well as arthritis and orthopaedic rheumatism etc)
If you live very close to the coast like me (less than a mile) , it is more humid as you would imagine. Half hour's drive inland , and it's very dry air.

Not far from me Mark.
Many Brits I have spoken to over the years have noticed the improvement in their bronchial health (as well as arthritis and orthopaedic rheumatism etc)
If you live very close to the coast like me (less than a mile) , it is more humid as you would imagine. Half hour's drive inland , and it's very dry air.

The Terror of the Two Stroke speaks of air quality! The cheek of some people! :)

Not far from me Mark.

It was always my retirement plan to head out your way. Increasingly tempted to head further north to be closer to Andorra or further south for sierra Nevada for winter fix though.

No doubt that Mediterranean lifestyle, climate and diet is far healthier than the congested south east.

Well see what the deal is post brexit is as well. They might even get it sorted by then.

Early retirement needs to be the plan though. Seen a couple of good mates fall ill recently and it serves to remind you that you only get one ride on this planet.

With having to negotiate country roads in future. Can anyone give me a recommendation on a upgrade app from Google maps.Last weekend I found navigation in the dark using that method just not good enough for what I wanted.I would of course prefer a free one.But if I have to pay I want something that is genuinely a lot better.

There might be some truth in this - but I don’t think it’s entirely rounded.

Some of the apprenticeships in the last few years have been good quality. I had 2 accountant apprentices straight from school who studied towards recognised and respected professional accountancy qualifications. They combined classroom study with on the job experience.

Second, offshoring or employing migrant workers isn’t always about cost. 2 counter examples:

- I’ve employed migrants from Poland and Syria. Their work ethic and quality of their work is much better than any British employee I had.
- I’ve helped big multinationals build finance centres of excellence in Eastern Europe. Costs wasn’t the primary factor when doing the location assessment - it was more on the quality of the workforce, staff churn, infrastructure.

There are always exceptions. Us oldies grew up in the era of real apprenticeships with day release etc - so yes my opinion is biased.

On off shoring, i have managed i.t offshoring for many individual projects, small groups, speciality's or whole departments for major pharma companies - all have the same aim no matter what the stated or reported objective - short term cost reduction/ tick in the box for share holders. As i say there are always the odd exception.
Strange that some pharmas are moving stuff back in house after large outsourcing experiences.

With having to negotiate country roads in future. Can anyone give me a recommendation on a upgrade app from Google maps.Last weekend I found navigation in the dark using that method just not good enough for what I wanted.I would of course prefer a free one.But if I have to pay I want something that is genuinely a lot better.
Not sure if it will help with the country road aspect but I use the Waze app quite a lot and it's very good. It can get live updates from other users on the spot which is good for accidents, temporary road works etc. Might be worth a try.

Not sure if it will help with the country road aspect but I use the Waze app quite a lot and it's very good. It can get live updates from other users on the spot which is good for accidents, temporary road works etc. Might be worth a try.
Do you need to pay anything up front with that app Nobby?