A announcement from Chris Who | Page 3 | Vital Football

A announcement from Chris Who

All the best to you and your family ,Chris. Whatever life holds and wherever you are in the county (or further afield) you'll always have the Gills and this forum as and when you need it, but most importantly making those you love happy is what's most important in life.

Retire Chris. That’s my advice. Best job I’ve ever had.
The South West can be reasonable if you stay away from the coast.
In market towns like South Molton and Torrington, 250k will get you a nice place.
Each to their own views on retirement.That's fine if you have the funds. I am not in that position. Nor do I believe that this country is best served by people with experience retiring while they are still fit for work .Then complaining about the number of migrants. Sorry no. My wife is a lot younger than me so that really does not work for me anyway. As you can tell I am not a believer in early retirement unless it is on medical grounds.For those on here that have that is their privilege. But don't complain about a overcrowded country part of the reason is you. Sorry but that is a fact.

Get yourself to lincoln Chris then I can have a drinking partner to chat Gills with on my regular trips up here.

Funny in the pub last nice the lincoln people were telling how crap Akinde was, just as he scored.
I may take you up on that if the Northern area gets the nod but it is some way from Lincoln so maybe it is more likely we will meet at a match.Both my locations could fit with getting to the same sort of games.

Each to their own views on retirement.That's fine if you have the funds. I am not in that position. Nor do I believe that this country is best served by people with experience retiring while they are still fit for work .Then complaining about the number of migrants. Sorry no. My wife is a lot younger than me so that really does not work for me anyway. As you can tell I am not a believer in early retirement unless it is on medical grounds.For those on here that have that is their privilege. But don't complain about a overcrowded country part of the reason is you. Sorry but that is a fact.

Each to their own Chris.

I have ever only worked for one reason and that was to provide for my family.

I'm not and never have been a great lover of work in anyway shape or form.

Now the kids are grown with kids of their own, I feel that we deserve a little us time.
I have absolutely no intention of becoming the richest bloke in the graveyard.
I'm going to enjoy life to the max and spend what I want on what I want.

I don't really complain about anything.
It's not in my nature.
I'm a pragmatist. Things are what they are and you have to make the best of it.

I wish you all the very best for you and your family's future and no matter what life throws at you, and where you are, keep supporting the mighty Gills

Don't really follow your logic there, Chris. Why is it necessarily going to be migrants taking the jobs of those who retire early? With youth unemployment at around 11%, if the older generation are in a position to be able to retire, what's the point in them sticking around in their job and denying a chance to the younger generation?

Don't really follow your logic there, Chris. Why is it necessarily going to be migrants taking the jobs of those who retire early? With youth unemployment at around 11%, if the older generation are in a position to be able to retire, what's the point in them sticking around in their job and denying a chance to the younger generation?
Not unless they are trained and that is part of the problem in this country. It is no longer cost effective in many cases for older people to be retrained. Young people just get one shot at basic training. If they train for something they end up not wanting to do like my son who is a really great cook is now 23 and wants to be a carpenter or similar. Without a fair bit of money that is impossible. He is currently saving for his future while in retail. So can't afford to learn to drive or move out etc.Most kids are in their twenties before they decide what they want to do.By that time they have to pay for any training. Unless you have wealthy family you are stuck.
In Switzerland for example a friend who is swiss retrained as a teacher in her forties or fifties with the real help of the state .I am not sure we give anywhere near that support. Apprenticeship are difficult if not impossible for anyone older than teenagers .When I started work the employers trained you these days many simply find kids not worth employing. Anyone like my son and myself in the bottom 20% of the education masses when we left school are offered very little help at all in this country. As a result unless we have a chance for these people there will always be a problem regardless of migration. Because of my son's date of birth he left school at 15 with next to no qualifications what so ever .Because of his ADHD and dyslexia he was lucky that college and a private tutor got more out of him than school ever did.Mainly due to the fact we encouraged him to finish his catering course he got the job he has now .As at that age he did not have a clue what he wanted.Many kids don't get that encouragement often single parents for example will not be able to pay for a private tutor like we did as that came first .Had my wife or I been on their own my son would be totally unemployable which he was on leaving school. Kids should not be able to leave school in that position. Let alone be almost frog marched out because he did not fit in with the best results for the school strategy.

Not unless they are trained and that is part of the problem in this country. It is no longer cost effective in many cases for older people to be retrained. Young people just get one shot at basic training. If they train for something they end up not wanting to do like my son who is a really great cook is now 23 and wants to be a carpenter or similar. Without a fair bit of money that is impossible. He is currently saving for his future while in retail. So can't afford to learn to drive or move out etc.Most kids are in their twenties before they decide what they want to do.By that time they have to pay for any training. Unless you have wealthy family you are stuck.
In Switzerland for example a friend who is swiss retrained as a teacher in her forties or fifties with the real help of the state .I am not sure we give anywhere near that support. Apprenticeship are difficult if not impossible for anyone older than teenagers .When I started work the employers trained you these days many simply find kids not worth employing. Anyone like my son and myself in the bottom 20% of the education masses when we left school are offered very little help at all in this country. As a result unless we have a chance for these people there will always be a problem regardless of migration. Because of my son's date of birth he left school at 15 with next to no qualifications what so ever .Because of his ADHD and dyslexia he was lucky that college and a private tutor got more out of him than school ever did.Mainly due to the fact we encouraged him to finish his catering course he got the job he has now .As at that age he did not have a clue what he wanted.Many kids don't get that encouragement often single parents for example will not be able to pay for a private tutor like we did as that came first .Had my wife or I been on their own my son would be totally unemployable which he was on leaving school. Kids should not be able to leave school in that position. Let alone be almost frog marched out because he did not fit in with the best results for the school strategy.

Agreed, we have not adequately trained people for many years. Real apprenticeships (not modern ones) a thing of the past. Training doctors and mental health professionals also inadequate and many other skills that have been off shored or designated for immigrants (cheaper as their countries paid for their training).

Still gov says that nurses will get bursaries (they forgot to mention they were the ones that scrapped them 18 months ago).

Hope all works out and you are back posting soon. Health first always and hope last nights Gills performance lifted your spirits as much as everyone else on here.

I thought you were going 😁😁😁😁

Hope all works out and you are back posting soon. Health first always and hope last nights Gills performance lifted your spirits as much as everyone else on here.
Wish I could have been there it must have been a great atmosphere for those hardy fans that made the trip .I have been to Fleetwood a few times in recent years .But not been to Blackpool for years.

I am still getting to work and appreciate all your support. At the moment I am not certain of my problem .I have just been really short of breath. Heart is ok as I have a history from childhood they checked that out .It could just be my Asthma has gone into overdrive with any luck that is all it is.
I think that is the problem but I am having my lungs checked in case.If it proves to be Asthma I really have to move regardless of the wife as is has been getting worse over the last few years. I will of course join the exiles that do such a fantastic job of supporting the club when and how they can.i can't tell you anymore really I have come clean.This has been in my mind for a while as my Dad passed away about a year ago(In his late 80's and he wanted to go.)That could have affected some of my more depressing posts as I have lived about 35 years of my life in medway area and will of course miss many friends and fellow supporters.
Hopefully Chris, it is your Asthma and nothing more serious, keeping everything crossed for you mate.

Feel for you Chris. I also am an asthma sufferer and I have had to call an ambulance several times. The last time I spent several days in hospital. But when the weather is sunny, you wouldn't think I had a problem at all!

Agreed, we have not adequately trained people for many years. Real apprenticeships (not modern ones) a thing of the past. Training doctors and mental health professionals also inadequate and many other skills that have been off shored or designated for immigrants (cheaper as their countries paid for their training).

Still gov says that nurses will get bursaries (they forgot to mention they were the ones that scrapped them 18 months ago).

There might be some truth in this - but I don’t think it’s entirely rounded.

Some of the apprenticeships in the last few years have been good quality. I had 2 accountant apprentices straight from school who studied towards recognised and respected professional accountancy qualifications. They combined classroom study with on the job experience.

Second, offshoring or employing migrant workers isn’t always about cost. 2 counter examples:

- I’ve employed migrants from Poland and Syria. Their work ethic and quality of their work is much better than any British employee I had.
- I’ve helped big multinationals build finance centres of excellence in Eastern Europe. Costs wasn’t the primary factor when doing the location assessment - it was more on the quality of the workforce, staff churn, infrastructure.

Feel for you Chris. I also am an asthma sufferer and I have had to call an ambulance several times. The last time I spent several days in hospital. But when the weather is sunny, you wouldn't think I had a problem at all!
I'm the same, cold weather sets mine off although I've never actually had a full on asthma attack, summer is fine except for the Plane trees around central London which turn me into a horrible snotty mess 😳

Some of the apprenticeships in the last few years have been good quality. I had 2 accountant apprentices straight from school who studied towards recognised and respected professional accountancy qualifications. They combined classroom study with on the job experience.
It was the norm when I left school as relatively few went on to university. Straight after school, I was a municipal gardener for Chatham Council and towards the end of August I was planning day release [horticulture and plant husbandry]. I left to start my accountancy career and went on day release at Medway College of Technology. Other careers such as banking, insurance, engineering, military, police etc were all based on in-house training/day release with A-level passes.

It was the norm when I left school as relatively few went on to university. Straight after school, I was a municipal gardener for Chatham Council and towards the end of August I was planning day release [horticulture and plant husbandry]. I left to start my accountancy career and went on day release at Medway College of Technology. Other careers such as banking, insurance, engineering, military, police etc were all based on in-house training/day release with A-level passes.

And you post on here on day release too ;-)

Just a up date almost certainly is a Asthma problem lungs and heart both shown to be OK.This might be bad news for Gillingham fc as it means my environment has almost contributed to my problems.Every year getting worse.I simply must live somewhere cleaner and can't afford a country house in this part of Kent. Garden of England????I think not these days.

Just a up date almost certainly is a Asthma problem lungs and heart both shown to be OK.This might be bad news for Gillingham fc as it means my environment has almost contributed to my problems.Every year getting worse.I simply must live somewhere cleaner and can't afford a country house in this part of Kent. Garden of England????I think not these days.
Whereabouts do you live now?
Thought about moving to the coast somewhere?