A announcement from Chris Who | Page 2 | Vital Football

A announcement from Chris Who

I am still getting to work and appreciate all your support. At the moment I am not certain of my problem .I have just been really short of breath. Heart is ok as I have a history from childhood they checked that out .It could just be my Asthma has gone into overdrive with any luck that is all it is.
I think that is the problem but I am having my lungs checked in case.If it proves to be Asthma I really have to move regardless of the wife as is has been getting worse over the last few years. I will of course join the exiles that do such a fantastic job of supporting the club when and how they can.i can't tell you anymore really I have come clean.This has been in my mind for a while as my Dad passed away about a year ago(In his late 80's and he wanted to go.)That could have affected some of my more depressing posts as I have lived about 35 years of my life in medway area and will of course miss many friends and fellow supporters.
Asthma can be a right arse, I was only diagnosed three years ago but, looking back, I think I've had it for years. I was shocked when first told but manage it ok, still go to the gym 4-5 times a week but every now and then it jumps up and bites you in the bum, especially with a snap of cold weather or a bit if stress.
Sounds flippant but hopefully that's all it is, as you'll know it is manageable, so with any luck you'll be running about like a spring lamb again soon.
As I said before, good luck and take care of yourself and Mrs Who

Asthma can be a right arse, I was only diagnosed three years ago but, looking back, I think I've had it for years. I was shocked when first told but manage it ok, still go to the gym 4-5 times a week but every now and then it jumps up and bites you in the bum, especially with a snap of cold weather or a bit if stress.
Sounds flippant but hopefully that's all it is, as you'll know it is manageable, so with any luck you'll be running about like a spring lamb again soon.
As I said before, good luck and take care of yourself and Mrs Who
When you take in to account the fact that most of my early childhood appeared to be spent in hospital waiting rooms.i suppose I not doing bad to have worked as good as non stop for almost 45 years.
I have been lucky enough to get to all Gillingham's biggest games in the last twenty or so years and many more before that when I often worked Saturdays. I do have the fact that now in my sixties I have never since those childhood days spent a night in hospital. So compared to many I am in perfectly good health. It is just so frustrating to have the will to do things but you simply can't anymore. I am thinking of getting off nights for my remaining time in Kent but even that is not certain. As my wife is against it on money grounds.

If I get my way I will be in the south east( just.)This will mean downsizing.My wife currently favors somewhere where we can have the same size accommodation or bigger.Frankly call me snobbish but I would prefer to live in a shoe box that move to somewhere you could well hate very quickly. The place I have as favourite we visit this weekend so wish me luck or pray as you prefer that I can persuade her.
As I really don't want to become a dirty northern b@r$+@rd.
No offense Lancs.Only said for a laugh.

If I get my way I will be in the south east( just.)This will mean downsizing.My wife currently favors somewhere where we can have the same size accommodation or bigger.Frankly call me snobbish but I would prefer to live in a shoe box that move to somewhere you could well hate very quickly. The place I have as favourite we visit this weekend so wish me luck or pray as you prefer that I can persuade her.
As I really don't want to become a dirty northern b@r$+@rd.
No offense Lancs.Only said for a laugh.

You probably know this, but if it is a place you like, you get a lot more bang for your buck in most of Suffolk and Norfolk with the added bonus that if the Dartford Crossing is not jammed up (rare) you can get back to Kent in a couple of hours.

That is the first area we are going to investigate as two sets of our friends have already moved there and they love it.

Just a thought. Good luck.

I trust your missus realises she will have to go out to work too, just to maintain the required standard of living because of wages outside the south east.

When you take in to account the fact that most of my early childhood appeared to be spent in hospital waiting rooms.i suppose I not doing bad to have worked as good as non stop for almost 45 years.
I have been lucky enough to get to all Gillingham's biggest games in the last twenty or so years and many more before that when I often worked Saturdays. I do have the fact that now in my sixties I have never since those childhood days spent a night in hospital. So compared to many I am in perfectly good health. It is just so frustrating to have the will to do things but you simply can't anymore. I am thinking of getting off nights for my remaining time in Kent but even that is not certain. As my wife is against it on money grounds.

I've been doing shift work for 35 years, and for the extra you get for night shift, it's really not worth it. If you can change shifts, then you really need to think about that. You will lose money, but you will gain a lot health-wise. Lack of sleep is not good for your health, or your life! Also, we've recently gone over to a 12 hour shift. The shifts are long, but they have a positive affect on your life. You feel more refreshed, and with more days off, you can get more done. Could you do that at your place of work?

Good luck mate and best wishes for the future,life is full of ups and downs,but I’m sure there will be light at the end of the tunnel,and life will return to being great again,
Not much help to you but been there very recently,and my life is now back on track.
Seriously best wishes mate.

I trust your missus realises she will have to go out to work too, just to maintain the required standard of living because of wages outside the south east.
She already does and if I transfer my wages remain much the same.Bit unfair on us southern based workers but doing the same job so fair too.

I don't drive so it would be down to the rail network. I certainly wouldn't see Priestfield that much. But would definitely get a rail card.

I've been doing shift work for 35 years, and for the extra you get for night shift, it's really not worth it. If you can change shifts, then you really need to think about that. You will lose money, but you will gain a lot health-wise. Lack of sleep is not good for your health, or your life! Also, we've recently gone over to a 12 hour shift. The shifts are long, but they have a positive affect on your life. You feel more refreshed, and with more days off, you can get more done. Could you do that at your place of work?
I'd agree with that, we went to a 12 hour shift pattern about 7 years ago and although I have to work 4/5 rest days per month, the extra days off are a godsend compared to when on the 8 hour shifts

Retire Chris. That’s my advice. Best job I’ve ever had.
The South West can be reasonable if you stay away from the coast.
In market towns like South Molton and Torrington, 250k will get you a nice place.

Good luck Chris. I hope you are able to lose shift working because it saps energy and life in the long term. When I first stopped doing it I felt as if I was on holiday for the first few months. Losing a parent takes a long time to process and makes you question your own health and mortality. It took me much longer to deal with my father's death than I would have admitted at the time. You have some exciting times ahead and I hope it turns out well for you and your wife.

Do keep posting when possible, we're a nosey lot on here.

Get yourself to lincoln Chris then I can have a drinking partner to chat Gills with on my regular trips up here.

Funny in the pub last nice the lincoln people were telling how crap Akinde was, just as he scored.

Think I have worked just about every shift pattern and the 12hr 4days on 3 days off was brilliant.
Going to permanent 8hr days was like being part time lol.

Hang on to your faith :)