85 People With 46% Of Worlds Wealth | Vital Football

85 People With 46% Of Worlds Wealth

The Fear

A Wise Man (once sat next to him)
http://www.latimes.com/business/money/la-fi-mo-oxfam-world-economic-forum-income-inequality-20140120,0,7080817.story#axzz2qx4N9fwW

http://tinyurl.com/l52mgkm

Wow! 85 people own 46% of the worlds wealth.

Fair play to them 85 I say. I bet them and their families pay shedloads in tax and charity to help out the poor. Not to mention that they've probably provided all of us with life enhancing products and services.

Anyone who picks up £20k after stoppages is in the globe's top 5% of income.

(based upon the UK mean wage of £26k and £5.4k stoppages)

When you think that the only reason most people manage to get into the top 5% is not because they have a special talent but because of where they live, it makes their claim to victimhood laughable.

We are real lucky bastards, ain't we?

If we only knew it.

James06 - 20/1/2014 16:06

Fair play to them 85 I say. I bet them and their families pay shedloads in tax and charity to help out the poor. Not to mention that they've probably provided all of us with life enhancing products and services.

If they are giving "shed loads of cash" to charity then they are not paying tax.

Life enhancing you say? So we have the cure for cancer, will they release it to the general population? Will they fuck.

Fair play to them 85, what, for hoarding money?

Green Villan - 20/1/2014 16:11

If they are giving "shed loads of cash" to charity then they are not paying tax.

Life enhancing you say? So we have the cure for cancer, will they release it to the general population? Will they fuck.

Green with envy tea?

Fair play to them for their success.

Bill Gates? you begrudge him? His products have served me well - my work is helped a lot by excel thats for sure.
He gives loads to charity - as do many of these billionaires, even if it is for tax purposes - people still benefit.

I'd say a cure for cancer would be more life saving than enhancing - I was thinking more along the lines of mobile phones, tablet computers and facebook.

And running rivals out of business while they attempt to feed there insatiable appetite for greed and power while half of the world are starving. I can't understand how these people sleep at night.

What the fuck are you on about?

Can't work out if I am missing the joke or if that post is serious.

Do you honestly think people are keeping a cancer cure from us to control the population?

Do you know David Icke?

Bill Gates? you begrudge him? His products have served me well - my work is helped a lot by excel thats for sure.
He gives loads to charity - as do many of these billionaires, even if it is for tax purposes - people still benefit.

He's more the exception to the rule though. They aren't all bad but Surely there's a limit to how much money a man needs, all the excess money does is sit there not being used for anything, so either it doesn't exist or it's being held greedily for no reason.

Its their money. As far as i know they haven't stolen it from anyone else. Don't see why they should have it stolen from them to feed johnny Ethiopian.

thefacehead - 20/1/2014 16:18

And running rivals out of business while they attempt to feed there insatiable appetite for greed and power while half of the world are starving. I can't understand how these people sleep at night.

Wealth in this example is calculated by earnings, capital, shares etc... This doesnt mean people with less financially have less value in their lives.
Very very few people are starving - they may not have access to a cheeseburger 24 hours a day, but they arent starving and they arguably have a better quality of life than people 'better off' when going by this particular report.

Firstly, the statement that 85 people own 46% of the worlds wealth is wrong and it has been corrected by an edit at the bottom of the page, those 85 own 0.7% of the worlds wealth... I thought the claim was a bit unbelievable.

Secondly, I'm not sure what this article is really trying to say? Rich people are richer than people from 3rd world countries? Well obviously. If someone has earned billions of pounds from their own work and success then fair play to them, and it's not up to specific individuals to solve the problems of 3rd world countries.

James06 - 20/1/2014 16:25

Very very few people are starving - they may not have access to a cheeseburger 24 hours a day, but they arent starving

Have you been to India mate? Or Kenya? I can assure you they are very very poor, if not starving, they have health problems, diseases and are extremely under nourished at best.

Not Kenya, but I've been to India (Delhi, Agra and Jaipur). I've seen the poverty, I've also seen the opportunities there, the investment and the growth. It's certainly better off now than it has ever been, and it will continue to improve - even though people do still piss away much of the little money they have into pointless but attractive and colourful temples and statues and other religious responsibilities, and of course the government wastes millions on space projects and weapons.

thefacehead - 20/1/2014 16:47

James06 - 20/1/2014 16:25

Very very few people are starving - they may not have access to a cheeseburger 24 hours a day, but they arent starving

Have you been to India mate? Or Kenya? I can assure you they are very very poor, if not starving, they have health problems, diseases and are extremely under nourished at best.

That's not to do with wealth though, India has a space program. It is a fairly wealthy country.

neilh111 - 20/1/2014 16:19

So we have the cure for cancer, will they release it to the general population? Will they fuck.

What the fuck are you on about?

Can't work out if I am missing the joke or if that post is serious.

Do you honestly think people are keeping a cancer cure from us to control the population?

Do you know David Icke?

The exclamation of shock, followed by ridicule of the mere suggestion, followed by incredulous question and finally ridicule :1: Classic!

FYI Cannabis has been proven, yes that's right, proven to cure various cancers, the fact you don't know that speaks volumes, doesn't it?

James06 - 20/1/2014 16:53

Not Kenya, but I've been to India (Delhi, Agra and Jaipur). I've seen the poverty, I've also seen the opportunities there, the investment and the growth. It's certainly better off now than it has ever been, and it will continue to improve - even though people do still piss away much of the little money they have into pointless but attractive and colourful temples and statues and other religious responsibilities, and of course the government wastes millions on space projects and weapons.

So there are people India that withhold their wealth then? So I was right. Thank you for agreeing with me that more can be done to help the poor rather than rich people holding it all back and wasting it.

I don't think, they think the temples are pointless, but I would guess if they had to choose between a loaf of bread and painting a temple they would go with the first choice.

OnMeHeadFred - 20/1/2014 16:06

Anyone who picks up £20k after stoppages is in the globe's top 5% of income.

(based upon the UK mean wage of £26k and £5.4k stoppages)

When you think that the only reason most people manage to get into the top 5% is not because they have a special talent but because of where they live, it makes their claim to victimhood laughable.

We are real lucky bastards, ain't we?

If we only knew it.

Yep...

This seems relevant to your post as well, something to consider...

[youtube=-OnWnwwxNPA]