85 People With 46% Of Worlds Wealth | Page 2 | Vital Football

85 People With 46% Of Worlds Wealth

neilh111 - 20/1/2014 16:19

Green Villan - 20/1/2014 16:11

James06 - 20/1/2014 16:06

Fair play to them 85 I say. I bet them and their families pay shedloads in tax and charity to help out the poor. Not to mention that they've probably provided all of us with life enhancing products and services.

If they are giving "shed loads of cash" to charity then they are not paying tax.

Life enhancing you say? So we have the cure for cancer, will they release it to the general population? Will they fuck.

Fair play to them 85, what, for hoarding money?

What the fuck are you on about?

Can't work out if I am missing the joke or if that post is serious.

Do you honestly think people are keeping a cancer cure from us to control the population?

Do you know David Icke?

I didn't say anything about population control you did and no I don't know David Icke nor have I seen any of his work.

I would bet that these people do not in fact pay shed loads of tax, I would bet that they pay very clever people to hide vast quantities of money in tax havens around the world so that they dont have to pay money so that poor people can go to a decent school or be healthy. Fuck these people and everything they and their kiss arse apologists on the right wing stand for.

Ive never been money motivated...My philosophy is that you dont need money to be happy and nobody else will live your innings. Would you swap yourself(who you are) to be someone else who may have more money?

When you think about it - life is just a bunch of feelings. Would a rich guy know what it feels like to sleep in skip? Or to beg on the street? = these are feelings/experiences and its living a life. You only "think" the rich man has it better - but he dosnt. He just lives a different life with different feelings/experiences.

JW85 - 20/1/2014 19:26

I would bet that these people do not in fact pay shed loads of tax, I would bet that they pay very clever people to hide vast quantities of money in tax havens around the world so that they dont have to pay money so that poor people can go to a decent school or be healthy. Fuck these people and everything they and their kiss arse apologists on the right wing stand for.

Alternatively, if out of the 100% of tax they are due to pay, they legally avoid paying 30% of that, the 70% they do pay still eclipses what most would pay through tax in a decade anyway.

Normal people don't bother because saving 10% of tax isn't worth the effort of the money to get advice, if that 10% saving is over double the pay to get the info or onto the scheme we'd all be doing it. Human nature, the system shouldn't allow tax avoidance - but the MP's won't do anything about it as most of them use the same bloody schemes.

Green Tea - 20/1/2014 19:52

Ive never been money motivated...My philosophy is that you dont need money to be happy and nobody else will live your innings. Would you swap yourself(who you are) to be someone else who may have more money?

When you think about it - life is just a bunch of feelings. Would a rich guy know what it feels like to sleep in skip? Or to beg on the street? = these are feelings/experiences and its living a life. You only "think" the rich man has it better - but he dosnt. He just lives a different life with different feelings/experiences.

Money-making is a particular kind of obsession, a tyranny which most people are glad to be free of.

Anyone possessed by such an obsession should be considered to have a poor quality of life compared with most other people.

It arises out of insecurity and anxiety. Those who suffer from it might buy themselves status symbols but there is no pleasure in it.

Jealousy of this obsession can become the source of hatred and jealousy, from those without it.

Rod Steiger's famous speech from The Pawnbroker, says it very nicely.

[youtube=5clBF38sqqw]

Green Tea - 20/1/2014 19:52

Sort of agree Im not fully money motivated I wont work extra hours just to make more money Id rather more free time but I do want more money I just dont want to have to put anymore effort in to get it...

Once you stop chasing money I think it opens up life and more money will come naturally... Of course you have to work to get it but I dont think it requires a lot of extra effort... I know it doesnt sound right but from listening to guys who make a lot of money usually they get it because they arent chasing it...

MY thing is a balance of time and money, whos richer the guy who makes 50k and works 60 hours a week or the guy who works 20hours and earns 30k?
I go with the 10 hour guy all day he has a richer life (presuming he uses his free time for the things he likes)...

OnMeHeadFred - 20/1/2014 20:52

Money-making is a particular kind of obsession, a tyranny which most people are glad to be free of.

I think its more of a power thing than a money thing... Do you think Bill Gates obsesses about making another billion? I dont think he does...

thefacehead - 20/1/2014 17:26

James06 - 20/1/2014 16:53

Not Kenya, but I've been to India (Delhi, Agra and Jaipur). I've seen the poverty, I've also seen the opportunities there, the investment and the growth. It's certainly better off now than it has ever been, and it will continue to improve - even though people do still piss away much of the little money they have into pointless but attractive and colourful temples and statues and other religious responsibilities, and of course the government wastes millions on space projects and weapons.

So there are people India that withhold their wealth then? So I was right. Thank you for agreeing with me that more can be done to help the poor rather than rich people holding it all back and wasting it.

I don't think, they think the temples are pointless, but I would guess if they had to choose between a loaf of bread and painting a temple they would go with the first choice.

Youre welcome. I never did disagree with that, of course it's common knowledge that people withold their wealth. It's all relevant though isnt it? That item of clothing or toy that my child could easily have gone without, I could have given the money to charity. I could live in a shitter house or drive a shitter car and give the diffence to the poor. But I dont, shame on me, and of course about 98% of people living on this planet - maybe more, who do the same.

3rd world problems are very complex - those 85 people couldnt solve the problems even if they wanted to. In saying that foreign aid is forthcoming more so than ever, but it will never solve the problems. Developing countries need to do exactly that - develop. And before you come back with the standard 'they cant develop while the west keeps them stangnant to benefit themselves.' then I agree to an extent. But it is their own internal corruption too that allows this to happen, most of these countires are rich in resources, they will have their revolutions and rights acts passed - just like it used to here and how we did so in Europe. To force todays wealthy hand over their earnings to solve the issues, and pay for the misdemeanors of the colonialists and corrupt dictators of yesteryear would be unfair IMO.

Just keeping on the development issue - I think the people of South America (for example) need to realise that instead of giving their last pesos to the already rinsing roman catholic church so they can add to the gold hoards at the vatican, they could instead give their toddler a day off searching the rubbish tip. But they've got to realise for themselves which option to go for. They think god will save them - I think water and food would probably be a safer bet.

James06 - 21/1/2014 09:19

Youre welcome. I never did disagree with that, of course it's common knowledge that people withold their wealth. It's all relevant though isnt it? That item of clothing or toy that my child could easily have gone without, I could have given the money to charity. I could live in a shitter house or drive a shitter car and give the diffence to the poor. But I dont, shame on me, and of course about 98% of people living on this planet - maybe more, who do the same.

Totally irrelevant point, because I am sure you do, as I and many others do, give what we can when we can to charity. No-one would expect you to go without or go without nice things as I am sure you work hard and feel, quite rightly, that you deserve this and that.

But if you had a couple billion in the bank that you NEVER used, or had equity that could be cashed in and it never was and you kept it to yourself for pure greed purposes, then I am sorry I would think you were an absolute c***! You don't, that I know of, so I don't think you are a c***! But there are plenty of wealthy people in their own poor countries, who withhold their money for no more reason than utter greed, and if you think that is right or beneficial to the greater good then imo you are wrong.

Again it's all relative. Rich kids get big inheritances - businesses, property portfolios, shares etc... to maintain lavish lifestyles.
Yes I sponsor people, and I give to charities, but also my kids will hopefully get money from my property, investments and bonds that I've set up in order to give them a helping hand.

If I had a million pound in the bank, I'd pay more in tax, and while I'd up my standing orders to charities, and I'd probably sponsor sirdennis for 50 quid instead of a tenner: my kids would pocket the vast majority of it. Just as happens with other wealthy people.

If that makes me a **** then so be it.

James06 - 21/1/2014 09:45

Again it's all relative. Rich kids get big inheritances - businesses, property portfolios, shares etc... to maintain lavish lifestyles.
Yes I sponsor people, and I give to charities, but also my kids will hopefully get money from my property, investments and bonds that I've set up in order to give them a helping hand.

If I had a million pound in the bank, I'd pay more in tax, and while I'd up my standing orders to charities, and I'd probably sponsor sirdennis for 50 quid instead of a tenner: my kids would pocket the vast majority of it. Just as happens with other wealthy people.

If that makes me a **** then so be it.

I repeat, what you do is irrelevant to my point. And of course you are not a c*** for wanting to look after your family, but people with vasts amounts of unused cash, that potentially will never be used, don't have that as a worry do they, I am talking about those people.

People do all they can to avoid paying taxes, Lewis Hamilton moved to Monaco to avoid paying taxes, Robbie Williams moved to America, that's just two people. So no, people don't pay their fair share into our country when they can avoid it but the sure as hell like taking the stuff out.

Listen what will be will be, the world is a cruel and unfair place in reality, I ain't stupid, but it's nice to have ideology that isn't dominated by greed, surely you could agree on that?

If I had that sort of money, I'd do what Bill Gates appears to be doing, spending it all on good in the world. Some are just rich fat cats who COULD make a difference if they wanted, but they don't want to, they keep it. Up to them, if there was a God then judgement day would be interesting for them I think.

I couldn't live with that sort of wealth, I'd like to be wealthy, but I'd want to share that wealth as well.

There does seem to be the implication from a few posts that those who pursue wealth and business have empty vacuous lives. I'd disagree. Some get a great deal of pleasure from the pursuit of building businesses, that has the knock on with tax (those who pay it) employing others etc.

It can be a buzz, it can be productive albeit it can also be massively stressful building a business... you often walk a tightrope.

I think it is just different strokes for different folks. I'd never have been very employable I don't think, I'm an entrepreneur at heart, however I do wish sometimes that I could just have a 9-5 job where I could switch off at the end of the day.... Not in me that though.

I like nice things, I would like more. Not sure that makes me empty. I have more watches than arms, I'll no doubt have more before I'm done. They bring me great pleasure, despite it being unnecessary to have more than one.

I have a nice car, March I change it for a nicer one. I don't judge those who have run abouts and who are entirely happy with that, must be nice not to have the expense and not care about such things. But again, it is just different strokes... ?

I will derive great pleasure from the new motor, others derive great pleasure from spending time with family etc. People irritate me, cars don't! LOL

What was the question again?

I do wonder how much would be enough though. I very nearly made it 5-6 years back before the sub prime. I'd shaken on a deal only for it to collapse (and the Chairman of this big company ended up buying a race course instead!)

I'd have been fine for the rest of my life. I'd have been able to sort family out as well. I think that would have been that for me, but only because of health. If I wasn't brain ached (official term!) I'd probably then have been looking at the next project to further increase what I'd made. However, once you've made the money from your grunt work, you invest the next time in people to do the grunting for you, hence you are doing less but are supervising.

All good fun if you derive pleasure from such things. As said, others would rather work less and spend more time with family etc. Nowt wrong either way in my humble.

There seems to be a misunderstanding on the level of wealth I am having a go at. I would not be having a go here at say Bill Gates who has already said he will be leaving the vast majority of his wealth to good causes, I also understand how difficult it must be to make sure that designated money goes exactly where it should, with corrupt governments in poorer countries it's very difficult to know exactly where that good intended money will end up.

I have to keep reiterating that I am not bitter towards wealthy and successful people, good luck to them all, but the balance of wealth in at the very top is sickeningly one sided, I don't need their money, but millions of people could do with a bump here or there. Is enough being done? Are there some insanely greedy buggers at the top that would rather burn their money than give it away? I don't know, I honestly don't, I am sure they have their own problems in life, when money doesn't become an issue any more, human nature will find something else to worry about.

How much does a person need in the end? Just one person? An upper limit if you like? 100 million? 200? 1000? 30 billion? Seriously what's the point? Look at the bored owners of Chelsea & City, Has Roman really got nothing better to do with his money than make already wealthy footballers richer while making hard working fans pay more to watch their 'hero's'? Again his money, his life, he earned it so good luck but is it really the best way to spend your 'disposable income'? Has he saved the sport? No! He's made it worse, because he's a greedy businessman with power and their general nature is to make money anyway they can, the only reason he's 'given' money to Chelsea is for his own selfish pleasure, and what I am supposed to admire people like this??? Give me Mother Teresa any day lol.

Juan Mourep - 20/1/2014 17:25

neilh111 - 20/1/2014 16:19

Green Villan - 20/1/2014 16:11

So we have the cure for cancer, will they release it to the general population? Will they fuck.

What the fuck are you on about?

Can't work out if I am missing the joke or if that post is serious.

Do you honestly think people are keeping a cancer cure from us to control the population?

Do you know David Icke?

The exclamation of shock, followed by ridicule of the mere suggestion, followed by incredulous question and finally ridicule :1: Classic!

FYI Cannabis has been proven, yes that's right, proven to cure various cancers, the fact you don't know that speaks volumes, doesn't it?

Err FYI Smoking causes more cancer than it cures

The Fear - 21/1/2014 11:55

If I had that sort of money, I'd do what Bill Gates appears to be doing, spending it all on good in the world. Some are just rich fat cats who COULD make a difference if they wanted, but they don't want to, they keep it. Up to them, if there was a God then judgement day would be interesting for them I think.

I couldn't live with that sort of wealth, I'd like to be wealthy, but I'd want to share that wealth as well.

Yes Bill Gates has said his children aren't going to inherit it all. They don't need it. Alot will be left to charity.

Same as the Beckhams and so on: People slag them off however the work they do for charity and time given the average person couldn't do.

Most don't realize what these people do. They don't have too either. I didn't know for years how much I.E the Beckham's did. It was a short piece in an article about it is how I found out.

They don't make a big thing about it like the majority don't.

Only idiots slag off the Beckhams, I think most educated people are well aware of the good they do. Bit like the royal family, they do so much good and they are great ambassadors for this country, but some people just like to slag them off - I can only think it stems down to jealousy.

James06 - 21/1/2014 13:18

Only idiots slag off the Beckhams, I think most educated people are well aware of the good they do. Bit like the royal family, they do so much good and they are great ambassadors for this country, but some people just like to slag them off - I can only think it stems down to jealousy.

Below average thinking too. Even if you say it to the people they still come out with some rubbish like 'well so they should' Yes jealousy comes into it too

They're just mongs Carol. I'm sure the Beckhams save shedloads via tax havens but fair play to them. they give so much back to the less fortunate it's amazing. It's a shame that some people dont realise just how blessed we are to have this lovely couple representing our country.

As for the royals, what they generate in income for the UK and the commonwealth runs into billions, and the employment they provide for 10's of thousands. People overlook this and just think the queen spends her time walking round Buck house with the corgis while some pleb is on hand to wipe her arse for her. We'll see if these people are still working the hours she does, at her age. God bless her.

The Beckham's are small fry compared to the people I am having a dig at, but they are a perfect example of the good that can be done if the money is in the right hands. I can never understand why People have a go at Beckham tbh.

I agree on the Queen also, and like my Dad say's - okay you get rid of the Queen, then what? You have a president head of state and someone like Tony 'war crime' Blair is your president???? No thank you very much! Not to mention the upkeep of tradition we have in this country. I was by Nelson's Column recently, and seeing those four lions around it makes you proud to be British!!! Oh and yes they do generate a lot of income for our country no doubt about it, the Royals that is.