8.5 Million | Page 2 | Vital Football

8.5 Million

The worry is that it is also Rebecca Long Baileys nonsense. I voted Conservative but as a country we need a strong and credible Labour party. The current mob are frankly a laughing stock.
And, seemingly, looking to maintain the leftie mantra.

RLB has said that she is proud of, and spent the last 4 years devising, the manifesto policies which led to the massive defeat..

The lack of reaction to that defeat, the determination to carry on regardless does not bode well for Labour- and the need for strong, challenging opposition will recede even further unless they change tack.

And, seemingly, looking to maintain the leftie mantra.

RLB has said that she is proud of, and spent the last 4 years devising, the manifesto policies which led to the massive defeat..

The lack of reaction to that defeat, the determination to carry on regardless does not bode well for Labour- and the need for strong, challenging opposition will recede even further unless they change tack.

You have to remember that it was us, the stupid voters, who were wrong. Their policies were great. Now if they could only educate us....

I’d fancy my dog to be next prime minister if I put it up against this labour shambles joke of a party atm

To be honest CBB, this isn't about bodily functions. If you have to install these to stop your employees from having long breaks hiding in the toilets, then you should probably look at why they feel the need to hide in there in the first place. I'm actually appaulled by this idea.
Mobile phones and social media,folks just cant leave em alone,defo an addiction.

But not of course to be one of those upstanding Labour MP‘s such as Fiona Onasanya or your good old namesake and bastion of truth Tony?
I couldn't agree more.
However, what I am concerned about is that since the referendum we have seen the vast majority of the lies (who knows perhaps all of the lies) in parliament emanating from the conservative benchs.
We now are run by a government for which words fail me.
I accept that we get what we deserve but surely so many people must have done so much wrong for us to be lumbered with this shower.

Must be because Labour have no leader and never have a policy to discuss only the policies they hate, and they do hate Boris.
We are run by the government vote for by the people.

I couldn't agree more.
However, what I am concerned about is that since the referendum we have seen the vast majority of the lies (who knows perhaps all of the lies) in parliament emanating from the conservative benchs.
We now are run by a government for which words fail me.
I accept that we get what we deserve but surely so many people must have done so much wrong for us to be lumbered with this shower.

There are an awful lot of very bitter people. Bitter, mainly because they believe so strongly that they are infallible about social policy and the EU and many other things, and cannot for the life of them explain why a majority don't give a monkeys about what they believe. So, the only explanation is that people who don't think like them are stupid, and they must take to Twitter or other social media to dissect every word, thought or deed, mix it with a bit of false news, misinterpret it and then cry 'More lies, more lies..!', as if pointing out how bad the Tories are will somehow convince us all that we should vote for Labours ridiculous nonsense.

TBF, the Tories are a damnable bunch of people you wouldn't want to live next door to, but they are also by some margin the best option for government. Sad state of affairs really....

FKB, almost got a like except for the last paragraph mate. Best option yes but
I would hate to be hated for my politics and not my team :)

When you have no credible policies that people wanted to vote for, as evinced in the last election, then the next option is to belittle amd mock the individuals and party proposing something. In all walks of life it'smuch easier to criticise ideas and policies than it is to create such policies and that's whatthe opposition tends to do these days.

The personal and personality attacks are just an extension of this and part of the tactics. Opposition MP's of all hues rearely mention Boris wiithout prefacing it by the word 'liar' in the hope it sticks and, in some instances ,he has been economical with the truth.

Similarly everyone mocks Diane Abbott for being thick but that's because she continues to prove she is!

There are an awful lot of very bitter people. Bitter, mainly because they believe so strongly that they are infallible about social policy and the EU and many other things, and cannot for the life of them explain why a majority don't give a monkeys about what they believe. So, the only explanation is that people who don't think like them are stupid, and they must take to Twitter or other social media to dissect every word, thought or deed, mix it with a bit of false news, misinterpret it and then cry 'More lies, more lies..!', as if pointing out how bad the Tories are will somehow convince us all that we should vote for Labours ridiculous nonsense.

TBF, the Tories are a damnable bunch of people you wouldn't want to live next door to, but they are also by some margin the best option for government. Sad state of affairs really....
You replied for me there FKB, pretty much nothing else to add, spot on.

When you have no credible policies that people wanted to vote for, as evinced in the last election, then the next option is to belittle amd mock the individuals and party proposing something. In all walks of life it'smuch easier to criticise ideas and policies than it is to create such policies and that's whatthe opposition tends to do these days.

The personal and personality attacks are just an extension of this and part of the tactics. Opposition MP's of all hues rearely mention Boris wiithout prefacing it by the word 'liar' in the hope it sticks and, in some instances ,he has been economical with the truth.

Similarly everyone mocks Diane Abbott for being thick but that's because she continues to prove she is!
Actually I found myself nodding in agreement with her for the first time ever t’other day. It is indeed time for her to step down.

That was the point I was trying, but obviously failing, to make.
The lack of ability that there is available in parliament throughout the parties but, most sadly and for the immediate future of the UK, on the government cbenches.

That was the point I was trying, but obviously failing, to make.
The lack of ability that there is available in parliament throughout the parties but, most sadly and for the immediate future of the UK, on the government cbenches.
And they have some experts on the labour benches? On anything?

Because the career path to becoming a politician is largely through internships, advisory roles etc, all set within the cocoon of the Westmister bubble, we get 'career politicions' most of whom have no experience of the real world, of actual paid work that involves decisions involving profitability, productivity and managing people to produce tangible , saleable goods or services tp a deadline.

They don't have to devise solutions to solve problems when the fertiliser hits the fan, to deal with adverse conditions ,with setbacks .complaints or unhappy customers. They work to models- perfect world scenarios where everybody, and everything, works as 'modelled',as expected .

Yes we need the big thinkers, the creative ideas, the 'bigger picture, blue sky' people but we also need pragmatic , work seasoned grafters to implement those ideas, to see the pitfalls, to find solutions to make them work.

Has anyone seen any of those sort on the front benches in the past century to date? Would you employ any of them as Managing Director of your company? Can you imagine any of them being in charge of the company you worked for?

No, me neither.