75/76 Similarities? ?⚪️ | Page 9 | Vital Football

75/76 Similarities? ?⚪️

First team to 10 wins in the entire efl, wow.
Just saying to thommo on twitter they're starting to remind me of the great imps side he played in.

Oh dear .... were they all huge donkey jacket/sheepskin clad brutes in flares, or is that just my warped memory? I trust your teacher suffered no permanent damage and carried on his sterling work?

He was pretty shook up but recovered to get me and others through our O levels. A great Imps fan, now long deceased, Mr Dillingham RIP.

Based on the 1932 comments we clearly never scored 6 away. Maybe we won away by 4 or more goals though?

I think what has to be recognised as well is that last season it took Luton Town until their 15th match to hit 31 points at the top of the table and we have done it in 13! On top of that we have done it by actually playing 7 of those 13 away from home as well!

If (and I know it's a big if) we can win our next two home matches we would be an incredible 6 points ahead of where Luton were at the same stage last season after just 15 matches!

Absolutely incredible start to the season and long may it continue :clap:

Fortress Sincil Bank - but I am coming round to the idea that we find it a bit easier away from home because teams allow us to play that little bit more.

We'll see how it goes over the next 2 matches which will see the first third of the season over.

Fortress Sincil Bank - but I am coming round to the idea that we find it a bit easier away from home because teams allow us to play that little bit more.

Ironically, Port Vale's team selection on Saturday was done specifically to stop us playing, and slow us down.

An early goal pretty much killed that game plan. Helenio Herrera will be turning in his grave.

Blimey, we have almost identical stats now after 14 games, just a +1 goal difference for Cowley's 2018 Imps .... although 6 goals less at SB is a tad disappointing having played one game less and could ultimately prove the difference?

003.jpg

Last edited: