6pm QPR | Page 5 | Vital Football

6pm QPR

There is only one thing worrying me about last night, that being the way we appeared to be out on our feet in the second half. After a brilliant first half we just stopped playing completely and everyone bar Jedi looked as though the legs had gone. Massive win though and so proud of every one of them. ( Great save by Marshall as well )

I was thinking the same at the time Zakky .....however as the old saying goes, “there are two teams on the pitch“ and having been murdered in the first half they made early subs and played the 2nd half as if they’d had their managers boot up their arse at HT.
They have some really good players who haven’t always fired this season but they probably ought to have done better , given the talent available.

(Anyway I really hope we’re not knackered ! 🤫)

Good point Arthur, but my point wasnt to attack Cook as maybe you thought, it was a concern that we don't "run out off steam" obviously if we had been 3 or 4 up all 5 might of been used

I didn't think you were attacking Cook won1facup and I wasn't having a dig, I was just sharing a conversation I'd been involved in.

FFS bro don't be encouraging Cook to start tinkering and/or making unnecessary substitutions, i think we've had enough of that malarkey, thats what cost us the three points in a lot of games this season...and last!

Not often I agree Norm, but I definitely do on this, bro.

Do we fully understand what happened? Caldwell the Manager brought him here, and then for some reason, let him out to Barnsley. Not sure why.

Regardless, the point was about leadership and captaincy.
(y)

Could i remind you bro,? Caldwell shipped Morsy out because he dared to question the managers negative tactics, passing sideways/backwards for the hell of it.

I don't think we will ever know what happened on that pre season tour in which Caldwell ended up ripping up the successful League One side and starting again.

I don't think we will ever know what happened on that pre season tour in which Caldwell ended up ripping up the successful League One side and starting again.

Caldwell didn't think some players were good enough for the step up to the Championship, it turned out that he wasn't good enough or lacked the experience....take your pick.

I do know there was quite a bit of bad blood between some of players back then.

Could i remind you bro,? Caldwell shipped Morsy out because he dared to question the managers negative tactics, passing sideways/backwards for the hell of it.
Caldwell "shipped Morsy out" for some reason ....... not sure if it's for what you said or not ....... but as I said to won1facup, my post was about captaincy.

Bugger all to do with GC's time as a manager. (y)

Last edited:
Caldwell "shipped Morsy out" for some reason ....... nit sure if it's for what you said or not ....... but as I said to won1facup, my post was about captaincy.

Great Captain, inexperienced manager. IMO.

Caldwell "shipped Morsy out" for some reason ....... not sure if it's for what you said or not ....... but as I said to won1facup, my post was about captaincy.

Just trying to educate you bro, calm down! :chill:

Agreed, the way we were playing was a total mess nothing like what we are doing now. It's like we got in a totally different manager and set of players.

As good as we are now, we were as bad back then - unbelievable turn around to go from one extreme to the other.
Round pegs in round holes. Square pegs in square holes. Square peg injured, square peg replaces. Round peg withdrawn, round peg replaces. Williams and Morsy both complement each other too.

I think we can all agree we were very fortunate that Caldwell was sacked before Morsy joined Barnsley permently. We pre agreed a fee of something like 350k or something mentally low for when the window opened but we managed to get Morsy to turn the move down and stay with us and what a captain he's been for us.

I still find it hard to forgive Caldwell for letting Jason Pearce leave for virtually nothing. He was a top player for us and still a good player at this level and we threw him away.

Sky reporting that 6 Championship clubs interested in signing Morsy, who is entering final year of his contract.
Based on his performances this year he’d be a huge loss to us, especially given his unwavering commitment and being central to the bonding of the squad in the face of these shocking circumstances.
I know the view is that we’ll be forced into multiple sales to reduce running costs but I still harbour some hope that we can secure a reasonably quick sale by mid/late August that might have enough cash behind it to at least mitigate those sales (and perhaps the likely departure of the manager whose stock must have risen considerably since the turn of the year.)
So frustrating to think that the whole squad and structure may be broken up just as it started to realise it’s potential.

In other news another ‘not good enough kid’ Sam Cosgrove is on a French clubs shopping list at £2.5m 😳

Sky reporting that 6 Championship clubs interested in signing Morsy, who is entering final year of his contract.
Based on his performances this year he’d be a huge loss to us, especially given his unwavering commitment and being central to the bonding of the squad in the face of these shocking circumstances.
I know the view is that we’ll be forced into multiple sales to reduce running costs but I still harbour some hope that we can secure a reasonably quick sale by mid/late August that might have enough cash behind it to at least mitigate those sales (and perhaps the likely departure of the manager whose stock must have risen considerably since the turn of the year.)
So frustrating to think that the whole squad and structure may be broken up just as it started to realise it’s potential.

In other news another ‘not good enough kid’ Sam Cosgrove is on a French clubs shopping list at £2.5m 😳

Bang on the money there Zeb with that post....as you said Morsy come to the fore both as a player & a leader / captain of our club not to mention the rest of the players starting to find their way in the team, become a unit & fight for each other which had we been allowed in the stadium to support them would have had us on our feet roaring them on....such a shame that our current predicament means we might not be able to see all these players who are at present battling their socks off trying to keep us in the championship at the DW the next time we're allowed in as they're sold off on the cheap through no fault of their own....