6pm QPR | Page 4 | Vital Football

6pm QPR

I've just about calmed down. Bloody hell, that was nerve-wracking. In that second half, QPR must have had 75% possession, and to be fair, we kept them down really to that single chance where Marshall made his (usual) marvellous contribution.

At the other end, we could have had 7 ....... again...... but it wasn't to be.

No problem, a 2 or 3 nil win might start to give us telly watchers a false sense of security ......... a false sense of how massive this will be if we do it and stay up, even with a points deduction......... a false sense of how easy it is for the players and coaching staff to cope with.

It's not easy ..... it's a mountain ....... but thank God we have our equivalents of Edmund Hillary and Sherpa Tensing out on that field and in the dugout.

The whiskey glass I ordered from the club shop arrived this morning ............ rest assured, it's gonna be tested for leakage tonight !
Piss pot!

Caldwell the manager thought he wasn't good enough

Do we fully understand what happened? Caldwell the Manager brought him here, and then for some reason, let him out to Barnsley. Not sure why.

Regardless, the point was about leadership and captaincy.
(y)

That performance last night had everything.Some superb attacking football,especially that 1st half,which resulted in us creating some great chances and we should've had more goals to show for it.Even in the 2nd half,when QPR were on top,we created some brilliant opportunities to add to our tally.

We pressed them throughout and showed a great appetite for the game.The sheer belief,spirit,fight and determination to get the win,especially when QPR were on top that 2nd half was brilliant to see and epitomises everything this wonderful club is all about!

The players have to try and concentrate the best they can on just taking each game at a time and try and stay focused and hopefully all this b******* that is happening outside of their control will be taken care of and sorted out.We've seen throughout this season we can beat any team in this division (apart from maybe Brentford who I believe are the best of the lot).

I can't emphasise how important that win was last night to lift everyones spirits at the club after the disgusting predicament we have found ourselves in.That win will also give us some momentum going into another huge game at Barnsley on Saturday.
Keep fighting and believing everyone!Up the tics!

There is only one thing worrying me about last night, that being the way we appeared to be out on our feet in the second half. After a brilliant first half we just stopped playing completely and everyone bar Jedi looked as though the legs had gone. Massive win though and so proud of every one of them. ( Great save by Marshall as well )

I disagree, I thought we countered well and with pace, I think it was good game management, we allowed them to pass the ball and keep our shape knowing as long as we didn't leave gaps they would create nothing.

I wish we had shown the same spirit, determination and team spirit from August to January and also played with players in their best positions consistently and we may not have been in this situation.
May well have been screaming at the EFL for preventing a promotion push.

Despite all the doom and gloom of the winter months, we've now officially already bettered last seasons points total and will by season end have scored more and conceded less. This having lost Reece James and Nick Powell is a great achievement for the coaching and playing staff.

Bloody typical this points total would have kept us up (with a 12 point penalty) in four of the last five years.

We are already above luton. As long as we don't lost to Barnsley, I don't think they will finish above us.

Reality now is we must focus on Hull. If we beat Hull, we need only better there points tally by one for the other 3 games. This is more than doable, I'm a believer!

I'd take it further than that, we are now a good team, with some great players and a coherant way of playing - we finally cracked it. We've been all over the place in the Championship for the vast majority of our time since we left the prem but we've finally got our act together and it's immedietely all at risk due to this. The timing is horrific, there was never a good time for it but if this happened when we were crap at least it wouldn't have undone all of our good work.

I wish we had shown the same spirit, determination and team spirit from August to January and also played with players in their best positions consistently and we may not have been in this situation.
May well have been screaming at the EFL for preventing a promotion push.

I wish we fans had shown the same togetherness and support for the players and management but hey ho, we can't have everything.

Funnily enough, we were discussing how some of our opposition have become hopelessly disjointed and ineffective when they've been making wholesale changes. I guess we should be making subs when it's right to do so, I'm glad we didn't lob loads on yesterday,
Good point Arthur, but my point wasnt to attack Cook as maybe you thought, it was a concern that we don't "run out off steam" obviously if we had been 3 or 4 up all 5 might of been used

Personally I don't entirely subscribe to the "run out of steam" theory for the second half performance. I think some credit should go to Warburton and the QPR players who upped their game.

They changed the system at half time and pushed up a good five yards with more effort to get forward, this left them weak at the back and we nearly exploited this on a couple of occasions, Jamal's run and shot being a case in point.

True one or two players gave their all and looked out on their feet as they left the pitch at full time, but both Robinson and Byrne still looked full of running. A credit to the fitness coaches and to the players themselves for the work they must have put in whilst in lockdown to maintain that level of fitness.

All we can ask is that the players give their all for the remaining four games and we the supporters do our part by getting behind them in whatever way we can.

C'mon you heroes. Up the Tic's.

I wish we fans had shown the same togetherness and support for the players and management but hey ho, we can't have everything.
Well between the months of August and January there was some pretty awful management decisions made with swapping and changing, poor substitutions and negative football along with some dire performances as a team and individually.
No matter how together the fans had been through that period it wouldn't have made one bit of difference. Thankfully like last season when we were looking odds on for relegation things started changing. Maybe that's why you can't have everything.

Personally I don't entirely subscribe to the "run out of steam" theory for the second half performance. I think some credit should go to Warburton and the QPR players who upped their game.

They changed the system at half time and pushed up a good five yards with more effort to get forward, this left them weak at the back and we nearly exploited this on a couple of occasions, Jamal's run and shot being a case in point.

True one or two players gave their all and looked out on their feet as they left the pitch at full time, but both Robinson and Byrne still looked full of running. A credit to the fitness coaches and to the players themselves for the work they must have put in whilst in lockdown to maintain that level of fitness.

All we can ask is that the players give their all for the remaining four games and we the supporters do our part by getting behind them in whatever way we can.

I agree i think the second half was more a tactical switch rather than us running out of gas. Maybe also a bit of panic on our behalf too as we responded to the increase in pressure by looking to play it out less and just go safety first clerances.

There may have been some degree of tired legs, but as the second half went on we regained control towards the end rather than fading further and losing more control.

Well between the months of August and January there was some pretty awful management decisions made with swapping and changing, poor substitutions and negative football along with some dire performances as a team and individually.
No matter how together the fans had been through that period it wouldn't have made one bit of difference. Thankfully like last season when we were looking odds on for relegation things started changing. Maybe that's why you can't have everything.

Agreed, the way we were playing was a total mess nothing like what we are doing now. It's like we got in a totally different manager and set of players.

As good as we are now, we were as bad back then - unbelievable turn around to go from one extreme to the other.

No issue from me - what's the saying "leave it all on the pitch" - and they certainly did that. Only concern is if there is enough in the tank for 4 more at that intensity level ?