617 | Page 2 | Vital Football

Luke Imp - 22/2/2016 15:39

implausible - 22/2/2016 15:24

In the 'old' days the home fans had most of the Co-op with the away fans limited to the atmospheric and resonating Block 1. 617 or their forerunners were in the middle of the SW with much of the noise radiating straight down the ground. As a result the away fans sometimes outsang us even with 200 or so fans. Now the situation is reversed with 617 in Block 7 magnified by the atmospherics of the stand end and boosted all around the ground including straight down the throats of the opposition.
Ironic that this was a compromise forced on the Sqn by fans in the Co-op that preferred a library atmosphere in block 4 !!
Not taking it away from the great job done by the lads of 617, long may it continue!!
That's not strictly true.

It may have been a noise issue for a minority, but the main issues were that all of a sudden, 50-100+ younger lads decided to use that area and sat/stood in/in front of allocated ST seating. They'd cram in areas, which made it effectively two to a seat in rows and they had a total disregard for people who wanted to sit by obstructing views.

I was in Block 4 at the time and the only thing I wasn't keen on was they way they crammed themselves in, thus moving me away from my seat and 'encroaching' on other people's areas (I stand during a match anyway and I don't mind the noise either). However, there were other, older, people who struggled to get up the steps to their seats never mind having to stand for 90 minutes to see the game.

Bearing in mind it's probably the most densely populated block for ST holders, it was never going to work anyway.

I stand corrected!! Good result though whatever the reason.