50th Anniversary of Promotion at Preston event | Vital Football

50th Anniversary of Promotion at Preston event

pickering_hat_trick

Vital Football Hero
It's hard to believe that it will be 50 years next month since that memorable night at Deepdale when a Fred Pickering hat-trick secured promotion to the old 1st Division .. what a night that was !

I can now confirm that the BFC Former Players Assoc are delighted to announce that we will be staging a 50th Anniversary Night – PROMOTION AT PRESTON where we will honour those players who played in the 1969/70 promotion season and also the 1970/71 First Division season.

This is the 4th of the LEGENDS NIGHTS that we have put on for the Former Players and supporters of our great Club.

This event will be held in the Stanley Matthews Lounge here at Bloomfield Rd on Thursday 9th April 2020

I know that we have sadly lost a number of our players from these seasons but there are still a good number from around this time who, hopefully, will come along and have a really good night

Of the PNE team that played on the great night at Deepdale, we still have with us Bill Bentley, Glyn James, Dave Hatton, Micky Burns and Tommy Hutchison .. and Henry Mowbray was an unused sub that night

The evening’s entertainment starts at 7pm for 7:30pm … tickets can be purchased from the BFC Ticket Office priced at £ 15 each

The ticket price includes a hot-pot supper

Any profits from the evening are to be split between the FPA, Gary Parkinson who is always in our thoughts, and local footballer Kenny Cram who sadly contracted Sepsis and has had a leg amputated at the hip.

Looking forward to a great night of nostalgia, one not to be missed … see you there !

Thanks for your support

John D Cross
BFC Former Players Assoc

Tel : 07984 - 940879
e-mail : johndcross53@gmail.com

Attachments

• poster .jpg
    poster .jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 2
Was lucky enough a friend got this signed for me, I have the original comic still in the collection.

Attachments

• IMG_20200311_170341451.jpg
    IMG_20200311_170341451.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 2
Of the PNE team that played on the great night at Deepdale, we still have with us Bill Bentley, Glyn James, Dave Hatton, Micky Burns and Tommy Hutchison .. and Henry Mowbray was an unused sub that night.

Surely that should read 'of the Blackpool team that played on the great night'?😀

I have a scan of your cover Suffolk and a couple of years ago I managed to buy an original comic for myself.

Too young to appreciate what I witnessed that night.
I will be in attendance at the do.:thumbup:

I have a scan of your cover Suffolk and a couple of years ago I managed to buy an original comic for myself.

Too young to appreciate what I witnessed that night.
I will be in attendance at the do.:thumbup:
You got the great man to sign for me. possibly the best collectable on my wall. Ive messaged Sarah in ticketing to see if the club shop might be able to reproduce the cover as a poster.

Ive also got a nobber front cover one, with the shortage of bog rolls i might just have to use it.