50 years ago....... history was made by Manchester City F.C. | Vital Football

50 years ago....... history was made by Manchester City F.C.

Skoorb

Alert Team
Contrary to the myth promulgated by most dippers and JoMU fans, City have a wealth of history. Not least being the first British club to win both a domestic trophy and a European title in the same season.*

The strange tale of how Man City conquered Europe - 50 years on
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52455182

*Also.....won a European trophy before either the rags or dippers

I can never forget this date for two reasons.
The most important - it's my sister's birthday, and, secondly, it was the official opening date of my old secondary school. The original building was demolished a couple of months ago, as a new rebuild had been constructed on the site.

I came across a two part full local telecast several years ago, but, on googling it earlier today, came across it in full. If you have a good working knowledge of German, this will be for you.

1. No
2. It's very likely that if that did happen, broadcasters now would now look at it completely the other way round.

PS It's a date we share with Chelsea. Their first FA Cup, our first European trophy.

Last edited:
Did Newcastle side with the others against City, I think they will soon change their tune, when they try to outbid JoMu and Chelsea Liverpool and Arsenal

I came across this the other day. It's in Polish, so no real use to most or all of us, apart from the viewing the picture.
Think it's a view of Gornik's 1969/70 season, so City feature. Note the cabinet displays behind the captain, Ozlizlo, showing the plaque Tony Book presented at the start of the final.
As an aside, do you know why all the Poles are jumping around, surrounded by photographers, during the early parts? I think I do, and, Capello, the former England manager, played in the game where it happened.