£50 dilemma... | Vital Football

£50 dilemma...

cocopops

Vital Youth Team
Whilst looking through a book that I hadn't read in years I found a £50 note inside,the smile was soon taken off my face when I realised that it was an old note that was out of circulation and you can't even exchange it at the bank unless you are passing the Bank of England,is there anyway that I could put this note to good use,would it be worthwhile passing it on to a charity?

Whilst looking through a book that I hadn't read in years I found a £50 note inside,the smile was soon taken off my face when I realised that it was an old note that was out of circulation and you can't even exchange it at the bank unless you are passing the Bank of England,is there anyway that I could put this note to good use,would it be worthwhile passing it on to a charity?

You will notice that it bears the stamp I promise to pay the bearer, assuming it is genuine, a lot of these notes were forged.

The good news is that if it is indeed a good one, Nat West, Barclays will exchange the note until October, otherwise, you would have to send it to the B of E who will replace it with Current notes in circulation.

Thanks for the reply Buzz but I know where you got your information from as I looked on the same site and it was posted in 2014 so it's October of then,I know that you can exchange them by post so I've put it into an envelope with a note explaining the situation and popped it in a charity shop that's just down the road from me and I'm hoping that some good can come of it
i never thought about it being a forgery,I would be gutted to find that I've passed on a dub note to a good cause Hitting

An incredible number of forged £50 were made and no-one, in the end, wanted to have anything to do with them, hence the reason for the withdrawal from circulation.

I was looking for a date on the article I saw, but hopefully, the charity shop will post it off to the B of E and get their monies worth