5,700 ST's Sold | Page 8 | Vital Football

5,700 ST's Sold

Proves a point that we are riding the crest of a wave, got to take advantage of this momentum.

build that temporary stand and imps will fill it.

I think it is safe to say this one has been argued many, many times. Adding temporary seating would simply decrease the playing budget. It would take quite some time to make the money back that it would cost, too.

I think it is safe to say this one has been argued many, many times. Adding temporary seating would simply decrease the playing budget. It would take quite some time to make the money back that it would cost, too.
yes, you have just outlined one side of that two sided debate. a half decent season and i expect the temporary seats discussion again next summer...

Might as well argue it again though!

For example, Newport put up a temporary stand for one of their big FA Cup ties I think.
You would have to assume they did that to make extra money, else why bother.

So...does that not imply that something of that nature could be erected in a short time and make some extra revenue?

For example, Newport put up a temporary stand for one of their big FA Cup ties I think.

So...does that not imply that something of that nature could be erected in a short time and make some extra revenue?

I will say this first. I am not against making Sincil Bank temporarily bigger, but what I am against is such a big amount of money being risked during the first year back in League One.

The money has rightly been kept as part of the playing budget as the Football Club look to establish themselves in League One.

That doesn't mean that options to temporarily increase the capacity at Sincil Bank aren't being looked at, though. Just not this season.

As an example cost, a company that hires out temporary stands charges £1800 for a week for a 130 seater stand. So about £14 per seat.
Doubtless a better deal available for a 40 week hire period.
That's one I just found on goggle anyway.
Plenty of such alternatives available.
There might even be contacts via SRP as they must get involved in provision of facilities at events with temporary stands.
It doesn't at all have to be something that takes money away from the playing budget but instead adds to it.
Extra people means extra catering revenue etc.
It could be looked at for when the likes of Sunderland and Portsmouth roll up with their huge followings.

I will say this first. I am not against making Sincil Bank temporarily bigger, but what I am against is such a big amount of money being risked during the first year back in League One.

The money has rightly been kept as part of the playing budget as the Football Club look to establish themselves in League One.

That doesn't mean that options to temporarily increase the capacity at Sincil Bank aren't being looked at, though. Just not this season.

And would agree totally that unless it makes money, don't do it!
But it could...

A one day hire of temporary seating, which you can guarantee selling out may make sense. 365 days hire only to be used a handful of times is a different prospect.

As an example cost, a company that hires out temporary stands charges £1800 for a week for a 130 seater stand. So about £14 per seat.
Doubtless a better deal available for a 40 week hire period.
That's one I just found on goggle anyway.
Plenty of such alternatives available.
There might even be contacts via SRP as they must get involved in provision of facilities at events with temporary stands.
It doesn't at all have to be something that takes money away from the playing budget but instead adds to it.
Extra people means extra catering revenue etc.
It could be looked at for when the likes of Sunderland and Portsmouth roll up with their huge followings.

Cost

1800 x 52= 93600

Income

130 x 24 = 3120
less vat
130 x 4 = 520

Income per match 2600

Total matches to earn cost 36

Why do not you volunteer to install it yourself and just take all the profits yourself.

Last edited:
On the temporary seating, I believe one of the ‘issues’ to be the time it currently takes to clear the ground/area in the event of an emergency is right on the acceptable limit. Therefore, as already alluded too, it really may not just be case of sticking a temporary stand up....there could need to be other changes made in tandem to ensure the extra people could be evacuated.

newport have done it a couple of times. last time they put up two temporary stands.
they must have none of the access issues that we apparently have at our ground.

surprises me, as we must be the only L1 club with a main stand that only covers a third of the length of the pitch. how do other clubs in tight urban areas manage. anyone been to gillingham?

On the temporary seating, I believe one of the ‘issues’ to be the time it currently takes to clear the ground/area in the event of an emergency is right on the acceptable limit. Therefore, as already alluded too, it really may not just be case of sticking a temporary stand up....there could need to be other changes made in tandem to ensure the extra people could be evacuated.
the selenity has almost more aisles than seats, and a huge area behind it. also, wouldn't the pitch be the ideal place to evacuate to? i would say there would be more issues on the coop side than the selenity side.

A one day hire of temporary seating, which you can guarantee selling out may make sense. 365 days hire only to be used a handful of times is a different prospect.

Cost

1800 x 52= 93600

Income

130 x 24 = 3120
less vat
130 x 4 = 520

Income per match 2600

Total matches to earn cost 36

Why do not you volunteer to install it yourself and just take all the profits yourself.

Which is why I alluded to games when large (very large) away followings could be coming. Might be a chance to house a few hundred more of them at full price.

If there was a thought that a temporary stand could be filled for the whole season, then presumably buying one becomes better value.

Whether there is the space is another issue.
I would hope though that the club have at least explored what could be done.

But if such stands were always a loss maker, then no one would ever make use of them. So there must be circumstances where venues gain financially from having them (as Newport did). No idea if any such circumstances could exist for our situation, but they just might.

the selenity has almost more aisles than seats, and a huge area behind it. also, wouldn't the pitch be the ideal place to evacuate to? i would say there would be more issues on the coop side than the selenity side.
Many of us in the Senility need two sticks to aid us to our seats so we need a wide access. If the aisles are narrowed to allow extra seating I fear a one way system would have to be instigated causing all sorts of problems for frequent urinators, possible installation of extra drainage, and the likelihood of verbal abuse being hurled, "Get out of my way you cad" and "Why can't you have a number one at 2.58 you buffoon" I hope things stay as they are!

The only time i had to evacuate sinny bank was when we were 6 nil down at home to Barnet.