40 odd pence can be so divisive.... | Vital Football

40 odd pence can be so divisive....

Bear1951

Vital Football Legend
Apparently Pool get a small share of the gate from The Emirates leg of the Youth Cup. An incredible spat has developed on AVFTT with some fundamentalists decrying attendance as a breach of NAPM. I am supportive of the NAPM stance and even missed the Play Off Final but I find the debate about this utterly ridiculous and indicative of some troubled times ahead post Oyston. Let's not kid ourselves that NAPM has won the day in our battle to disinfest the club of Oystons. If the battle is to won it will be Val's court successes that will have done so. NAPM has done much to raise public awareness and undoubtedly been an irritant to the Oystons plus it has made some feel they are doing something but to promote it with the zeal of religious inquisitors is way OTT. If my London based cousin can get along I shall join him; we had discussed it before becoming aware that Pool got that 40 odd pence and I'm not going to worry at all about Oyston getting 40p out of me when set against the hundreds I haven't given him. NAPM will then mean Not A Pound More for me.

Bear - it makes me smile reading avfTIT.

I see an old friend of ours from here has been making friends with posters over there recently, they argue back a bit more over there not as comfy as he/she was on here :grins:

It's an individuals choice - I don't buy the suing of fans as an excuse for me not to go to games - personal reasons obviously from this site, but if fans come back so be it. I won't bear any malice from them not being there in the lowest division :grins:

Go, enjoy the game and let's hope we manage to get a result. 40p is nothing, I would have spent more on ale pies and programmes than the price of my ST. We all protest in different ways.

Sadly I cannot now make it; memo to self, retire! I doubt it would even have amounted to 40p. Tis only £2 for geriatrics and expenses for opening the ground will probably eat up all the income as many Gooners are entitled to freebies.

I'd welcome the intelligent traffic from AVFTT here but not the filth in the gutters of their much busier cyber highway.

Attending or boycotting is a matter of personal choice. BST have got this right. The only thing that gets my goat is the real "collaborators" who believe and spread Oyston propaganda whilst regularly sniping at Belekon and BST as if they are equally to blame for the mess the club is in. :anger: