£4,000 a week? | Vital Football

£4,000 a week?

Billy the Imp

Vital Reserves Team
Allegedly what Salford are paying to striker Adam Rooney signed from Aberdeen. Anybody got a clue how FFP works?

Not sure it exsits in the conference, but if this isn’t going to make them start doing it nothing will.

FFP seems a load of crap anyway. Teams just get hit with fines rather than point deductions, which makes no sense.

Not sure it exsits in the conference, but if this isn’t going to make them start doing it nothing will.

FFP seems a load of crap anyway. Teams just get hit with fines rather than point deductions, which makes no sense.

I think FGR had to reduce their budget when they won promotion to the FL, so that tells you all you need to know.

On one hand you have Gary Neville banging on about Wembley and grassroots football, and on the other hand you have him and his mate's little Salford plaything. It'll be a matter of time before it all goes wrong.

Akinde will be on a hefty wage. Rumours about Freck and Bostwick on 2-3k a week so Akinde will probably be on at least that. No-one really knows though its all suposition.

Fee for Rooney was £375k apparently (that's the talk up in Scotland, anyway).

Add him to Lloyd, Pond and others and they're probably above FGR, Luton, Mansfield and Fleetwood in terms of spending - and by quite some distance I'd suggest.

Just to put some context on League 2 finances, the last figures from Lincoln were for up to 31st May 2017 and showed a turnover of £4,681,977 and although that was the last year in the Conference, it included the FA Cup run and it also included the 6,000 Season Ticket Sales for the 2017/18 Season. Staff costs (not just players) represented £2,562,406. Presuming that the 2017-18 season's turnover will be less (similar season ticket sales, some increase in on the day receipts, Checkatrade win vs. no FA Cup run), then there is less profit available for increases in wages, but the wage bill will have to increase regardless (to maybe £3m), then £4,000 per week (or £200,000 per annum) would equate to at least 6.67%, or 1/15th of the total wage bill on one player.

Why would you say that?

I would imagine by the time you add in bonuses, signing on fee etc you would be surprised. Unfortunately strikers particularly ones with a good scoring record cost a premium and always will.

As someone alluded too no one knows what we are paying but you only have to look at the last set of published accounts to see that the season we came up our wage costs were £2.4 million the season we came up from the National League.

Now I know that includes everyone but if you divides that figure by 48 allowing for all players and staff it comes out at £1,000 a week for everyone. I can't imagine that the office staff and many of the backroom people are on £1,000 a week! I would imagine the wage bill has gone up a lot in the League.

We clearly aren't signing all these quality players for peanuts and because the love Lincoln and The Cowleys.

The total package for Akinde over the course of his 3 year contract will be around the £900,000 mark, assuming the transfer fee is paid in full. £700000 of that will be wages.

rushden, eastleigh, ebbsfleet, fylde, salford...
you are only the big bankrolled team, until the team with the slightly bigger bankroll comes along.

The total package for Akinde over the course of his 3 year contract will be around the £900,000 mark, assuming the transfer fee is paid in full. £700000 of that will be wages.

It would be nice to know your assumptions and calculations behind the figures you have quoted?

While that is huge amount that most of us could never dream about. If his goals fire us to League 1 and beyond I don't think many of us would complain would we?

Of course if 'plucky Salford ' make it into the first round proper of the FA Cup no doubt the BBC will be all over them like a rash, pushing more dosh in their direction.
It'll be Forest 'CamberwickGreen' Rovers all over again.