30,396 | Vital Football

Magnetnotmaggots

Vital Squad Member
Sorry but this is poor. Not by the fans, but by the club.
We all know why it's poor, people who have not been for many years can't get a bleedin ticket.

Even if they can get one behind a post or a brick wall during general sale, they can only go by themselves due to the one ticket per person policy.
What casual fan is going to go on his/her own ?

I honestly can't believe that this team with Wilder can't attract full houses like Warnocks workhorses did.

The club should get the last few thousand tickets sold on general sale without the fucking about, if somebody comes in wanting three or four tickets he should be given them once his identity has been confirmed.

The one ticket per person policy has put no end of people off, the club has to remember that these people are not diehards, they're not used to coming to the Lane every week. They want to come now that we are doing well, but they are easily put off.

Would people go to a rock concert, the movies, or anywhere else on their own, probably not, so why would they come to a football match on their own.

Almost the whole of the last Block on Bramall Lane upper was empty, Right Hand side from the Kop. I have made this known to the Club, it seems like they are Listening !!!
It’s every game bar the Man Utd one the one next it was no where near full either I don’t buy into you can’t sit together when there’s a whole block up there empty with one of the best views in the ground people will always make excuses I’ve said before my stepson started off with zero points this season when he buys his FA cup ticket he will break the 1000 loyalty point barrier if people really want to go they can

It’s every game bar the Man Utd one the one next it was no where near full either I don’t buy into you can’t sit together when there’s a whole block up there empty with one of the best views in the ground people will always make excuses I’ve said before my stepson started off with zero points this season when he buys his FA cup ticket he will break the 1000 loyalty point barrier if people really want to go they can

This isn't a points issue though, it's about a casual or new fan (which everybody over the twenty odd thousand we've been getting previously is) having to go alone.

It's ridiculous that the club expects new fans to just suddenly turn up without anybody else they know with them.

I'd normally have expected Burnley to be one of our lowest attendances, but the club did something about it and got 31,700

Villa and Newcastle which should have been sell outs we got 30,300 and 30,400
It's pathetic, the club are preventing new fans from coming

Last edited:
This isn't a points issue though, it's about a casual or new fan (which everybody over the twenty odd thousand we've been getting previously is) having to go alone.

It's ridiculous that the club expects new fans to just suddenly turn up without anybody else they know with them.

I'd normally have expected Burnley to be one of our lowest attendances, but the club did something about it and got 31,700

Villa and Newcastle which should have been sell outs we got 30,300 and 30,400
It's pathetic, the club are preventing new fans from coming
I agree the ticketin policy needs tweakin but who'da thought 3years ago some wud be sayin a crowd over 30k is pathetic? Once they get to the last week or so before games i would think allowin someone to have 2or3 tickets shouldn't provide too many problems but even then someone wud think they have a valid reason to have a moan but hey security they have to think of the security.:giggle:UTMPB

It's to prevent away fans from getting tickets and the police and our local authorities probably have a lot to do with it as well, the fucking Dickheads.

It was never a problem in 2006-07

The fact that Bill or Fred from Crookes or Fulwood or Manor or Wybourn cant get tickets for himself and half a dozen of his friends is bloody stupid.

My cousin recently visited from Ireland, he was here for the Newcastle game, he's not a fan of either club but asked me if he could get him a ticket because he fancied going to a game whilst he was here.

Most people would have given up if they had to go through what I went through.

I couldnt book online because I'd already used my one ticket allocation.

I then tried the ticket office with my reference number and they said "No, I've already used my allocation" and to come back nearer the time.

I went back nearer the time explained the situation and was told to come back when the manager was in the office because nobody else had the authority to over rule the one ticket per person policy

I went back when the manager was in only for him to insist on ID

I said you've already got my ID

"We need to see it again"

So I went home got some ID, came back, manager was at lunch.

Waited around for an hour, went back and the manager sold me another ticket.

As luck would have it the seat next to me was empty, but if it wasnt my cousin would have been sat on his own, in a stadium strange to him, in a different city, in a different country and looking at 2000 empty seats thinking " What sort of stupid fucking football club is this"

Has anyone from the club explained why this is the rule..?

I don't know if this is the reason, but I can only imagine it is to stop opposition fans (who cant get a ticket in the away end), from buying in the home end. PL clubs have supporters up and down the country, and I believe this is why they have enforced it.

Instead of going to General Sale, why not offer additional tickets to season ticket holders - we are more likely to bring a Blade with us than a opposition fan

We have not had any infiltration of away fans at Bramall Lane for donkeys years.

We have not infiltrated away ends for donkeys years.

We have played all the big clubs at Premier League and Championship level, so when is the club, the police and the local safety executive going to realise IT DOESN'T BLEEDING HAPPEN ANYMORE. It's a practice that has been consigned to the past.

Just get the bloody tickets sold United, and if it is SYP and SAG's rules stop pandering to the fuckwits.
Tell them to foxtrot and get selling the bloody things

We have not had any infiltration of away fans at Bramall Lane for donkeys years.

We have not infiltrated away ends for donkeys years.

We have played all the big clubs at Premier League and Championship level, so when is the club, the police and the local safety executive going to realise IT DOESN'T BLEEDING HAPPEN ANYMORE. It's a practice that has been consigned to the past.

Just get the bloody tickets sold United, and if it is SYP and SAG's rules stop pandering to the fuckwits.
Tell them to foxtrot and get selling the bloody things
Happened in our last game in the championship !

I honestly don’t understand the policy
A new visitor is a potential supporter
Is it the same at other clubs?
UTB

I very much doubt it
I'm pretty sure that if a fan of another club wanted to buy two, three or four tickets they could.

It stinks to high heaven of SYP and our wonderful safety exec to be honest, and it's about time the club told them to fuck off and do THEIR JOBS properly and keep its nose out of United doing their business properly

I don't know if this is the reason, but I can only imagine it is to stop opposition fans (who cant get a ticket in the away end), from buying in the home end. PL clubs have supporters up and down the country, and I believe this is why they have enforced it.

Instead of going to General Sale, why not offer additional tickets to season ticket holders - we are more likely to bring a Blade with us than a opposition fan

We did this for the Burnley game and got a more like it 31700
One of the least attractive games has attracted one of our highest attendances because the club used it brains for once

You can get tickets if any left when they go on general sale.
We need a new 50k seater stadium is we are successful in staying in the Prem.

Yes, you can, but the problem is you can only get one.
A new fan or even a returning fan wont buy a ticket if it means being sat on their own.
It's supposed to be a day out, an event, somewhere to go with your mates for some fun, it's not supposed to be somewhere where you go alone, be conscious of the fact that your alone and sit and be quiet all day.

My stepson sits on his own hes a returning fan he meets up with me for a drink sees plenty of people he knows before and after but for 90 mins sits on his own and just joins in backing the team

The ticketing policy has been a mess from the moment they decided not to sell season tickets after the early bird offer had finished. This meant that a number of regular season ticket holders were not able to buy one not having been told in advance when the final cut off point was. The club spent a lot of time getting ready for the prem but failed to understand it was the supporters interests that should have been paramount. Add in around 100 long time season ticket holders having to move seats for a new press area with little notification and the scene was set for the sub standard off field performances we have become accustomed to.

From the early games of Palace and Leicester where the cut off point was 500 points the ticketing strategy was a shambles. After much complaint changes have been made but the rules surrounding access to tickets change with the weather. The very fact fans have to go down on an individual basis and blag their way into getting a ticket depending on which member of staff they are dealing with is embarrassing.

SYP and SAG have had some input but the main fault lies squarely with the management responsible for ticketing and those above them who set the strategy.