3 points at PNE | Vital Football

3 points at PNE

RebelBee

Vital 1st Team Regular
Great win against the odds at deepdale, kept playing our stuff despite some pretty aggressive opponents, and the loss of Nico to an iffy looking head smash by Hugill. Add to that the routine concession of 2 fairly avoidable goals and it was a huge win for us. They are decent and unbeaten at home up to yesterday so it's a really important moment for us to use and to kick on now. Nice to see everyone contributing and the team starting to gel and collect points. Proof if needed that we'll be safe under Smith and that the club knows what it is doing despite having to rebuild half a team each window. Really hope we can take a few more big points before the international break 4 would be good, 6 too much to hope for? Wouldn't it be nice to ram HD's words down his throat as to the quality of his current side Vs the bees team that made the play offs, he doesn't learn does he. Here's hoping although you never get what you expect in this crazy division. Need to back the boys and get to the Leeds / Brum games if you can. UTB

It was a very good day out, always nice to come back with three points after such a long journey. PNE play a bit like us so it was a flowing and entertaining game. ( compare that to the poor fair served up by the second city derby)

I like Deepdale and its location but it is not the most atmospheric of places these days, still 500 or so Bees fan made a very decent noise.

I was impressed how we came back after losing the lead twice and there some very sound performances all round. Flo and Josh destroyed them on their left and were the source of all three goals.

Hard to know what to make of Nico's injury, it was a strange incident. Thought the worst for a while as he was down for ages.

Won't be at Brum but got a feeling we will get at least a draw and then onto the once mighty Leeds at home, be great to see another home win.

I haven't been so relieved to hear a final whistle for ages. I could see the sucker punch coming any second and I bet most could.

Great win against a side happy to con a ref for fouls, to get a player booked for diving a few minutes in is ridiculous.

Nico was playing well til the "incident" You would just have to hope it was an accident... Great to see him up and about, the camera was closing in and he was well out of it. The way they were supporting his neck in particular had me really worried. Good on PNE for their quick response re the medics joining ours straight away and their fans showing some nice touches on the club's facebook page coming to wish him well. According to many on their message boards, we're the best side they've played.......how many times do we hear that? But at least we got a win.

I saw the Brumb match Sunday and have to say to Mr Dean, that side aren't even as good as the Warbs team leave alone ten times better. That said, Jota was a handful and will be dangerous against us, and Colin's quality shone. Will be a difficult one. I was confident Saturday, not so Wednesday. Former player scores etc means we need FOUR LOL. (If Harlee plays which he didn't yesterday)

I had the blues, so bad one time
It put my face in a permanent frown
Now, I'm feelin' so much better
I could cakewalk in the town

(apologies to Taj Mahal)

Very good Spanish I think I got there in the end- bees rising nicely. New team starts to gel.

I was hoping for four points at least out of this run of three games up to the international break. The fact we have we have six with the Leeds game to go is a great outcome. Makes approaching tomorrow's game a far more relaxing affair.