2nd Leg: Will or draw or win? | Vital Football

2nd Leg: Will or draw or win?

Sir

Vital Youth Team
Fingers crossed. I have it like this. Derby lead 1-0 then Fulham equalise then we lead again, this a 2 goal cushion
They get a late late goal but not enough.
What you think?
And yes we definitely have a chance against Villa.

said all week don't defend deep. We did. We lost. Congrats Fulham you deserved it.

Wisdom should have gone with Sessegnon for their first. 2nd was a free header from Odoi.

Defending deep, not pressing in MF was always going to fail. Wrong tactics IMO.

One thing is certain, we have to get things sorted so that we attack more next season and don't let the oppo attack at will by giving them the midfield without a fight.

Over the two legs Fulham deserved the win, I really thought we'd have a chance, as good as Fulham are I still feel they are vulnerable at the back.
Will we be playing them again next season? you can't ever rule out Brucie!

Over the two legs Fulham deserved the win, I really thought we'd have a chance, as good as Fulham are I still feel they are vulnerable at the back.
Will we be playing them again next season? you can't ever rule out Brucie!

I know ‘Boro are a goal down but I can’t help feeling that it’ll be them who make it back up.
Think Fulham are the best of the remaining three contenders but if, as Egyptian Ram kept saying elsewhere, it’s ‘written in the stars’, then...with Stoke and WBA on the way down it may be ‘written’ that twice discarded and unfashionable Pulis leads his new side back to the promised land.
Just a feeling...no rhyme or reason...football just has a habit of teaching folk lessons sometimes.

Including injury time, we have just played approximately 200 minutes against Fulham. In that time we mustered 2 shots on target. They spent 70% of that time in our half. That % needs to get closer to 50 and lower and the SoT number has to be 6 or more a game. The great thing about possession is that, when we have the ball, they can't score. Most of our possession needs to be in their half. Those are the challenges facing GR and his staff this summer.

More possession but not just for the sake of it.
More shots.
More shots on target.
More harrying of the opposition forcing them to make the mistakes we usually do.
Stop making the mistakes we normally do.
Teach everybody how to pass properly, how to control the ball, pick the best option.

Big job. GR is, IMO, up to it but can he get out of this ultra defensive mindset. Nigel couldn't.......

We gave it a go. And was 45mins away. Nothing to feel ashamed of. It was a good season all in all. We'll be back next season

Fingers crossed. I have it like this. Derby lead 1-0 then Fulham equalise then we lead again, this a 2 goal cushion
They get a late late goal but not enough.
What you think?
And yes we definitely have a chance against Villa.

How would leading 2-1 have been a 2 goal cushion? Away goals dont count - irrelevant anyway but just curious!

I know ‘Boro are a goal down but I can’t help feeling that it’ll be them who make it back up.
Think Fulham are the best of the remaining three contenders but if, as Egyptian Ram kept saying elsewhere, it’s ‘written in the stars’, then...with Stoke and WBA on the way down it may be ‘written’ that twice discarded and unfashionable Pulis leads his new side back to the promised land.
Just a feeling...no rhyme or reason...football just has a habit of teaching folk lessons sometimes.

Ah well wrong again eh Anag? I couldn't see Brucie losing it tbh and for one hope that Villa at least restore some midlands presence in the prem with Stoke and WBA going down.

The big question now is next season for us? Unless we have some major changes in players and for me we can discard Keogh now, then top 8 is the best we can hope for. This has been another disappointing season, in January we had hope, we crawl into the playoffs then lose with two frankly inept and gutless performances.

We have little pace or creativity in the team and can't see that changing, what a lot of money in transfer fees and wages we have wasted over the past two three seasons.

We have little pace or creativity in the team and can't see that changing, what a lot of money in transfer fees and wages we have wasted over the past two three seasons.

Totally agree with regards to the lack of creativity. Pace? Anya, Lawrence, Weimann, Vydra, Jerome and Wisdom all have it. Nuge isn't exactly slow either.

Ah well wrong again eh Anag? I couldn't see Brucie losing it tbh and for one hope that Villa at least restore some midlands presence in the prem with Stoke and WBA going down.

The big question now is next season for us? Unless we have some major changes in players and for me we can discard Keogh now, then top 8 is the best we can hope for. This has been another disappointing season, in January we had hope, we crawl into the playoffs then lose with two frankly inept and gutless performances.

Swales " inept and gutless performances " That's a bit ott certainly not gutless Not good enough yes gutless no

Swales " inept and gutless performances " That's a bit ott certainly not gutless Not good enough yes gutless no

Well your a lot kinder than me then, we sat bac and gave them the game, inept tactics and when push came to shove we did not have the "guts" to take the fight to them, no sign of any belief that we could win at all, in fact every sign that we were frightened of Fulham, so game lost before we kicked off.

Wrong Swaley? Yep...I was...but ‘again’? Surely not.
It was nothing more than a feeling about Pulis, but I’d be amazed if Boro’ aren’t top three next season.
Can’t agree that we were ‘gutless’ in the play offs...but we were definitely second best over the two legs.

Of course we 'laid off' Fulham in the second leg, it was'nt a lack of guts but simply a lack of sufficient energy to get at them. Some players showed a great willingness to get us into the game but against a quality side we did'nt have enough in the tank.
This team did very well to make the play-offs but it is limited in how it can play. It has given all it has but Fulham home and away emphasised it's limitations. We need more than guts!!

Latest Rams News