27 Years Ago... | Vital Football

27 Years Ago...

2-2 away draw at the old County ground Northampton in the dreaded 92/93 season. What a shithole of a ground that was, very similar to our team at the time.

Oops sorry Bromley! Posted this up quickly in all the excitement and forgot to check other posts. I’m off to do my lines.

We forget what a profound change the back pass law was and goalkeepers had to make it up as they went along. All the strategies and techniques we now take for granted had not been invented.

I believe that not only goalkeepers had to acquire and develop new skills but also defenders and coaches. We even have league one teams building from the back when before we regarded that as continental football. It was fun in the old days though with hoofing, clogging and some players possessing fairly rudimentary ball skills.

:ROFLMAO: A bit before my time but a great passage of play by Gary Breen and Scott Barrett (correct me if I’m wrong). Nice look at Northampton’s old stadium too.

The Breen and Butler super show at the back. Both went on to bigger a better things but I presume that was the season we played most of our youth team because we were skint.
Richardson worked miracles with bugger all and got pilloried for it.

The Breen and Butler super show at the back. Both went on to bigger a better things but I presume that was the season we played most of our youth team because we were skint.
Richardson worked miracles with bugger all and got pilloried for it.

Bloods tight arse Scally. Oh wait...!