26th May | Vital Football

26th May

Rod Currie

Vital Football Legend
What a shite date in BLADES recent(ish) history.We've lost 3 play off finals on this date, v Palace,Wolves&Udders,we played pish poor in all 3.UTMPB

What a shite date in BLADES recent(ish) history.We've lost 3 play off finals on this date, v Palace,Wolves&Udders,we played pish poor in all 3.UTMPB

Got a feeling we just might get away without another defeat today. Then again...them footballing gods an all !!!

Cheers for this post, with nothing bad going on in the world, I needed an excuse to be miserable! I'm not sure I agree that we played "pish poor" against Wolves either. We dominated the game and they scored three goals from four counter attacks. Matt Murray won the man of the match award for a reason.

Conversely,to cheer us up,yesterday was the 7th anniversary of Joe Root's maiden Test century made at his home ground Headinlgey.

Doesn't erode the bad memories but it's great to see a Blade performing well at the end of May.

Cheers for this post, with nothing bad going on in the world, I needed an excuse to be miserable! I'm not sure I agree that we played "pish poor" against Wolves either. We dominated the game and they scored three goals from four counter attacks. Matt Murray won the man of the match award for a reason.
Your welcome,i don't think we dominated Wolves at all but if Browny had scored the pen it could have been a interestin finish but in my view we were deservedly beaten on the day and for the 2nd half i thought Wolves settled for what they'd got.Glad tha dint disagree with t'other 2 tho or i would've been thinkin you'd seen different games to me.I thought we were pish poor in the Burnley final as well altho we should've have one stonewall penalty,and another close call for a pen but we'd have probs missed em anyway. UTMPB

Your welcome,i don't think we dominated Wolves at all but if Browny had scored the pen it could have been a interestin finish but in my view we were deservedly beaten on the day and for the 2nd half i thought Wolves settled for what they'd got.Glad tha dint disagree with t'other 2 tho or i would've been thinkin you'd seen different games to me.I thought we were pish poor in the Burnley final as well altho we should've have one stonewall penalty,and another close call for a pen but we'd have probs missed em anyway. UTMPB
You can lay the blame for no pens at blackwells door after endearing himself to the officials pre match

You can lay the blame for no pens at blackwells door after endearing himself to the officials pre match
That's true Bully,i think the ref that day was Mike Dean and i believe he was the ref at Piggery when Killa was unjustly sent off.UTMPB

That's true Bully,i think the ref that day was Mike Dean and i believe he was the ref at Piggery when Killa was unjustly sent off.UTMPB
'twas indeed Mike Dean on both occasions.

Never liked him since but I reckon he is either pretty good or, on an off day, as bad as they get.

'twas indeed Mike Dean on both occasions.

Never liked him since but I reckon he is either pretty good or, on an off day, as bad as they get.
He alluss looks an arrogant little git but i think he's just abart the best ref at this time.I think he's the best ref i've seen at BDBL this season(v ARSEnal) i thought he was very good that neet.UTMPB

He alluss looks an arrogant little git but i think he's just abart the best ref at this time.I think he's the best ref i've seen at BDBL this season(v ARSEnal) i thought he was very good that neet.UTMPB
Rod any reason he has been used twice this season, both Arsenal?

Rod any reason he has been used twice this season, both Arsenal?
No idea mi owd pal,I wunt mind havin him ref us more often tho.By the way Chippy you'd be better off askin one of ya fellow Tenbobers this question they know everythin tha knows.:giggle:Hope you&yours are still ok in Lockdown. UTMPB

True, his manner doesn't endear him to the average football fan and when he's bad he's awful but he does have some pretty good games - best of a bad bunch .

True, his manner doesn't endear him to the average football fan and when he's bad he's awful but he does have some pretty good games - best of a bad bunch .
I think he's a good un and let's not forget they're under alot more scrutiny now than the likes of Jack Taylor were back in the day with all the extra matches on Tv and loads more cameras and not forgettin the luvly VAR.UTMPB

I think he's a good un and let's not forget they're under alot more scrutiny now than the likes of Jack Taylor were back in the day with all the extra matches on Tv and loads more cameras and not forgettin the luvly VAR.UTMPB
Watching the old, and not so old, games now being shown I reckon a 0-0 draw would have been the main result with VAR in use.

The tackle Vinny Jones did on McMahon after 20 secs of the W'don /L/pool final would be a straight red , with or without VAR, these days................and rightly so.

I think the issue with Dean is less about his ability as a ref (I'm sure his stats show him to be among the best), and more about the theatrics he employs when giving decisions. There is a reason that the song "Mike Dean, it's all about you" has been sung at many different football grounds.