24 Hours later. | Vital Football

24 Hours later.

kettrin imp

Vital Reserves Team
Having had time to think about last nights match in-between getting a few hours sleep and doing a days work, here are my thoughts on last night:

Ground: Very nice but miles too big for Colchester. Absolutely soulless with zero atmosphere. I hope Chicken Bob was taking notes for our new ground.

Performance: First half very poor after conceding a very soft goal. I though Raggs could have done better with it. There player just ran at the centre halfs and they didn't have a clue how to deal with it. Danny made the right decision at half time in taking the very ineffectual Palmer and Knott off. For a big man Palmer is absolutely useless in the air. Second half started very well and I was hoping it was going to be another Crewe but sadly we ran out of steam. Colchester were no better than us but they had something to defend and they did it quite easily.

Referee: Surprised there is no thread about this idiot. I would give him 2 out of 10, one point for each decision he gave us. Needless bookings and allowed their right back to take ages over every throw in in the second half. I am fed up talking about poor referees but this one is up there with the worst so far this season.

Journey: A signal failure at Kings Cross on London Underground cost me the chance of a pint before the game. My train then broke down at Chelmsford meaning dinner was going to be a burger from a van outside the ground. Left for work at 07:30 and got back home at 01:00, at least Danny acknowledged our efforts.

Bring on Saturday, Waterfall for Dickie is a must for me although only the full backs did themselves any justice last night.

UTI.

kettrin imp - 22/11/2017 19:41

Referee: Surprised there is no thread about this idiot. I would give him 2 out of 10, one point for each decision he gave us. Needless bookings and allowed their right back to take ages over every throw in in the second half. I am fed up talking about poor referees but this one is up there with the worst so far this season.

<b>There is:</b>
http://www.lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=51880&posts=2

Ref was awful, but we need to move away from the time wasting complaints. We are as good as anyone when it comes to time wasting.

A day in the life of an imp.

what was that one ,seeing the imps at 150 different grounds.

see you saturday in the upper coop, don`t forget your brandy flask and bring another one of those giant 16 inch hotdogs, i think Eweimps is looking hungry.

kettrin imp - 22/11/2017 19:41

For a big man Palmer is absolutely useless in the air.

Referee: I am fed up talking about poor referees but this one is up there with the worst so far this season.

Bring on Saturday, Waterfall for Dickie is a must for me although only the full backs did themselves any justice last night.

UTI.

Point 1: Forget the ‘for a big man’ and ‘in the air’ and you’d be about right. A non league striker all day long.

Point 2: Did you see the Mansfield and Notts County games this season?

Point 3: Completely agree. And wouldn’t be disagreeing if Raggett was the one for the chop either... he’s been well below his usual standards of late.