2022 Winter Transfer Thread | Vital Football

2022 Winter Transfer Thread

I suppose if you want to put your optimistic hat on & get out the old rose tinted specs you could argue that the new recruitment team will have had more time to bed in, but realistically we know it will be more of the same

I suppose if you want to put your optimistic hat on & get out the old rose tinted specs you could argue that the new recruitment team will have had more time to bed in, but realistically we know it will be more of the same

How would you get round the problem of players not wanting to come here?

Worst time to be recruiting but if we are still in a relegation scrap we will panic import a few no doubt, we need to make do with what we have and CH has to earn his money getting the most out of them. Still think we've a half decent 11 but the system doesn't suit them, has to be far more positive tactically.

im still taking the positives, if Murphy is out there in places such as Japan and Paraguay looking for talent then its widened our net enourmously, there seems to be more chance in finding a gem than under the last decision makers

How would you get round the problem of players not wanting to come here?
WE would need to look very carefully at why they don't want to come. From the outside you would assume that it's to do with the club's league position, possibly the style of play (if you happen to be a striker), the management / way the club has been run, not seen as a good career move, but you'd also imagine money plays a large part in it.
Simply we can assume all we like, but might be miles from the truth. If players genuinely don't want to come to us, then the reasons need to be explored to get to the real facts so that action can be taken if required

Thought I would revive this one in anticipation. I also have some thoughts on what I would be looking to do in descending order of importance…

1 - Sign a bloody striker.

Doesn’t matter if it’s permanent, loan to buy or even just a six month loan to kick the can for now. We need someone who can challenge and/or cover for Grabban.

2 - Sign some of the loans.

Lowe and Spence need signing up if possible. Zink too if he and Watford will play ball.

3 - Sign another left back.

We only have one and this isn’t highlander ffs. The further Bong is from the first team the better and Buchanan may be going cheap.

4 - Send Tutu back.

We should never have loaned him in the first place. Send him back if possible.

5 - New keeper required.

Samba is starting to improve but we need a keeper to challenge or replace him. Horvath obviously isn’t it so…

6 - Whatever else Cooper fancies doing.

Depending if Soh and Ely can get fit and how good out u23s are, we may need a centre back in if we want to stick with 3 at the back.

There was also a rumour that Cooper wanted a midfielder from Swansea. That may have changed by now so isn’t as much of a priority.

I know some or even all of this may not happen but as the January window approaches, these would be the issues I would be looking at.

Thought I would revive this one in anticipation. I also have some thoughts on what I would be looking to do in descending order of importance…

1 - Sign a bloody striker.

Doesn’t matter if it’s permanent, loan to buy or even just a six month loan to kick the can for now. We need someone who can challenge and/or cover for Grabban.

2 - Sign some of the loans.

Lowe and Spence need signing up if possible. Zink too if he and Watford will play ball.

3 - Sign another left back.

We only have one and this isn’t highlander ffs. The further Bong is from the first team the better and Buchanan may be going cheap.

4 - Send Tutu back.

We should never have loaned him in the first place. Send him back if possible.

5 - New keeper required.

Samba is starting to improve but we need a keeper to challenge or replace him. Horvath obviously isn’t it so…

6 - Whatever else Cooper fancies doing.

Depending if Soh and Ely can get fit and how good out u23s are, we may need a centre back in if we want to stick with 3 at the back.

There was also a rumour that Cooper wanted a midfielder from Swansea. That may have changed by now so isn’t as much of a priority.

I know some or even all of this may not happen but as the January window approaches, these would be the issues I would be looking at.

Erm, why don't you go back a few pips and re-read the forum rules?

NO necroing Freds you sicko f****g pr****k