2022/2023 Season Fixture List, Prognostications and Preview | Page 2 | Vital Football

2022/2023 Season Fixture List, Prognostications and Preview

I see NO reason why we can’t beat both Man City and Liverpool this season, home and away. It will be tight and pressing but I believe we can . New players settling in will be the key and when we play these teams but to me, they are beatable. It’s the other lesser know teams that are unknownns for me. But points here and there that we didn’t win last season are up for grabs and we start a new season with, for me, a better manager than we have ever had before, potentially, coupled with players better than we have ever had before, in modern times at least.

If you look at it logically, there are the following areas to consider:

1) Continue improving the back line.
2) Get more quality out of the wing-backs
3) Get more creativity out of the midfield
4) Get a bigger defensive contribution from the front 3
5) Ensure goals and assists are shared around the side more evenly

I also think Conte needs to quickly find that plan B in formation and tactics. He needs to make sure that predictable 3-4-3 isn't negated too often. We need to be able to shift in the 90 mins if the plan A isn't working.

Maybe no 6 would be assembling a team with more players in Spurs shirts, that one could argue would be good enough to earn a place in the teams that finished above us. At this time only Kane and Son come into that category. I reckon Bissouma, without counting chickens would also stake a claim. Kulu/Romero 50/50 perhaps.

Maybe no 6 would be assembling a team with more players in Spurs shirts, that one could argue would be good enough to earn a place in the teams that finished above us. At this time only Kane and Son come into that category. I reckon Bissouma, without counting chickens would also stake a claim. Kulu/Romero 50/50 perhaps.

I think on technical ability, both have that chance. On football brain, few better in world football than Kane. The problem is, winning is more than technical ability and football brain. As each year goes by, I do wonder whether both have the minerals. I was very disappointed to see how Kane reacted to England going a couple of goals behind the other night. Another proof point that the application, the drive, the hatred of losing just isn't there, unlike the guys we see pick up the trophies each season. He was supposed to be the captain.

I'm hoping we sign a couple more players that disrupt that changing room further and don't accept 90% effort as good enough regardless of the talent. Perhaps Bissouma can help our senior players with that.

I will go for 81 based on dropped points from 4 games this past season. 2 losses and 2 draws turned to wins.

Current best prices with the bookies to win the Premier League next season:

Man City - 8/13
Liverpool - 5/2
Spurs - 16/1
Chelsea - 18/1
Man Utd - 28/1
Arsenal - 66/1

Current best prices with the bookies to win the Premier League next season:

Man City - 8/13
Liverpool - 5/2
Spurs - 16/1
Chelsea - 18/1
Man Utd - 28/1
Arsenal - 66/1
Interesting that we should be priced up at lower odds than Chelsea. I'd rather take 16/1 or better on us winning the CL, I think that that is more likely than finishing ahead of City over 38 games. Dependent on remaining signings during this window, we may well be able to target second place next season.

Interesting that we should be priced up at lower odds than Chelsea. I'd rather take 16/1 or better on us winning the CL, I think that that is more likely than finishing ahead of City over 38 games. Dependent on remaining signings during this window, we may well be able to target second place next season.
That was the thing that caught my eye - that we're a shorter price than Chelsea. I'll pop them up again immediately before the start of the season. I suspect there'll be movement in those current prices.

That was the thing that caught my eye - that we're a shorter price than Chelsea. I'll pop them up again immediately before the start of the season. I suspect there'll be movement in those current prices.
Spurs 33/1 for next seasons CL with my bookmaker here in South Africa, sure that the same applies over there. City 28/10, Liverpool 9/2, Chelsea 10/1. I'm sure that that 33/1 will be looking great value by the time our summer signings are completed.

Spurs 33/1 for next seasons CL with my bookmaker here in South Africa, sure that the same applies over there. City 28/10, Liverpool 9/2, Chelsea 10/1. I'm sure that that 33/1 will be looking great value by the time our summer signings are completed.

Can you place a bet on SPurs winning both CL and The PL?