20211125 ECL Match Thread - NS Mura vs Tottenham Hotspur | Page 8 | Vital Football

20211125 ECL Match Thread - NS Mura vs Tottenham Hotspur

Result?

• Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Loss

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Strangely enough, I am not too upset by tonight.

Once and for all it will put to bed any questions about who Conte will want to be part of his squad moving forward.

My thoughts too. If Conte didn't realise what a shit-show he had walked into before, he certainly does now!
Yes Sess was silly and the ref was terrible, so the result could have been different, but that doesn't disguise the fact that a bunch of so-called pro's are bottlers!!

Im consoling myself with the thought that the club were not concerned about this competition from the start .
Conte also knew this , but told the second string they had a future to play for , which they failed miserably .
It has made his job that much easier , sending out the also rans where it doesn’t matter , he now knows who he can trust .
It’s just a shame that it isn’t many .

I think he needs to look at himself too. Poor tactics, formation and team selection.
The only thing that mitigates that is , he must have seen something more promising from that group in training and he must have evaluated that formation too. But put them on the stage and they just run around a bit doing their own thing.

With the wholesale subs coming on, there was more urgency, but imo, ND was woeful and once again the front men were starved of the ball. Kane was almost alongside Sanchez a few times just to have access to the ball. Sonny and Lucas brought energy but nothing else.

Kane got a free header....straight at the goalie. He also dawdled a few times. We continue to play like a bunch of individuals. Dele had a shocker. He's a busted flush. Reminds me of Bentley.

A mate just said that even if we win we won't get 2nd place if Vitesse win cos they have a better head to head v us ....is that the case! If so we are probably gonners cos we lost to the San Marino of European league football..ffs

I think we just need to match Vitesse’s result total.

Our head to head is the same, one win each. Our goal difference is +2 better I think so a win against Rennes and we are through to play a playoff against a 3rd place Europe league team.

I think we just need to match Vitesse’s result total.

Our head to head is the same, one win each. Our goal difference is +2 better I think so a win against Rennes and we are through to play a playoff against a 3rd place Europe league team.
That's my understanding but he is convinced that even tho our two games aggregate at 3-3 because they scored against us, they have the head to head advantage. Guess we shall see!

The only thing that mitigates that is , he must have seen something more promising from that group in training and he must have evaluated that formation too. But put them on the stage and they just run around a bit doing their own thing.

With the wholesale subs coming on, there was more urgency, but imo, ND was woeful and once again the front men were starved of the ball. Kane was almost alongside Sanchez a few times just to have access to the ball. Sonny and Lucas brought energy but nothing else.

Kane got a free header....straight at the goalie. He also dawdled a few times. We continue to play like a bunch of individuals. Dele had a shocker. He's a busted flush. Reminds me of Bentley.

Conte picked an unfamiliar team of non first choice players. 8 or 9 of them are not PL starters. Gollini, Doherty, Sanchez, Rodon Sessegnon, Dele, Ndombele and ,Gil. Tanganga is a borderline choice.
Sanchez was played out of position. Sessegnon was started after just one brief sub appearance, Gil is not in tune with the team yet. Conte stuck with 3 at the back when we needed a more creative attack.
Mura are a settled team unit who know each other.
Conte made too many changes and we've seen what happens to us countless times when that happens.

WOW! What did we expect. Mura are multi billion pound club, full of international players and have one of the best coaches in the world today.

Oh wait..that's us.

WTF was Sanchez doing on the left. Only saw the low lights when I got to work this morning, but FFS.

Well, if nothing else, it gives Conte the data he needs, to start the clean out and rebuild. If he's up for it.

I think we've broke him...

Antonio Conte: “After three weeks I am starting to understand the situation. It is not simple. At this moment the level at Tottenham is not so high.”

LOL...well NO SHIT!

I do find it funny though.

I will say it for the hundredth time...our problem is the players...not the manager. Until we fully embrace a painful rebuild...we will not win shit and we are relegation fodder.

Just stop playing some of these asshats that have done nothing for us and start getting in some new blood.