• Win

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Lose

Votes: 6 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nuno needs to somehow keep the faith with today's 1st half performance, but have a better 2nd half game plan...

Lloris
Tanganga, Romero, Dier, Reggie
Hojbjerg
Gio, Ndombele, Dele
Bergwijn, Son

Drop Kane and get Bergwijn buzzing about with the other 4.

I read a post on twitter (yeah, I broke down and went on that stinking pile OS!) And someone with an obviously cool head on his shoulders broke our current situation down...won 3 lost 2; 3 points outside of the top 4. and 30-odd games to go (yes folks, it's only September ffs!).

That guy could have a major case of "rose-coloured glasses" but the truth of the matter is we can micro-analyze each game to death, at the end of the day we're still there or thereabouts.

I don't expect us to go out and try and beat Wolves in the Carabao tomorrow (but I do expect vice versa)...and while we are bereft of recent accolades that have led to trophies, we don't have the strength in depth to fight on all fronts and a lot of good-will could be had if we win, or at least draw the upcoming league clash. And yes, I have predicted a loss but I don't look at it as the end of the world! - However, I will be taking it on the chin for the following weeks as most of the Brits I know over here are Gooners!).

I'd like to see us take a measured approach to begin the game, I believe we are strong enough to hold the goons at bay...and then come on strong in the 2nd half.

We'll have Japhet back and so cover at the back at either CB or RWB. I'm a bit worried about Dier...when you see someone on the field of play with a heavily wrapped leg the opposition can see that as something to attack...or even worse, he could break down during play, depending on what his ailment is (fingers crossed against that)...but as I said we have cover. I believe our back line will gel and probably be our strong link. We have a world class striker up front and enough support around him for us to thrive...it's the middle link that is our problem! We miss Eriksen, but I think we miss Mousa Dembele even more. In fact I'd stick my neck out and say Eriksen's effectiveness dropped way off after Dembele left. We have a like for like replacement for Dembele in N'dombele, but with one ingredient missing in the man's make-up...GRIT! Hopefully that changes, but I'm a lot less positive about that happening than not.

Had a bunch of stuff to unload here, but work (working from home) keeps throwing me off, so I'll spare you all ;-) - Cheers!

Lloris, Tanganga, Romero, Dier, Reguilon, Hoijbjerg, Skipp, Ndombele, Gil, Son, Kane

This has to be the best team at the moment surely. Maybe drop a CM for Royal and play 3 CB's with wing backs.

Lloris, Tanganga, Romero, Dier, Reguilon, Hoijbjerg, Skipp, Ndombele, Gil, Son, Kane

This has to be the best team at the moment surely. Maybe drop a CM for Royal and play 3 CB's with wing backs.

I'd still be inclined to push Romero just in front of a back four and be our holding player - he seems more mobile than PEH, so may be necessary for the first half..but then the wingbacks should be able to launch forward as opportunities arise.

Le arse will try and overload us on the wings, and Romero would have licence to move from left to right to be the two v one when they do, but back into the centre when he can to allow the wingbacks to push up.

LLoris,

Tangy, Sanchez, Dier, Reggie

Romero

Skippy, N'dom

Gil, Kane, Son,

I'd still be inclined to push Romero just in front of a back four and be our holding player - he seems more mobile than PEH, so may be necessary for the first half..but then the wingbacks should be able to launch forward as opportunities arise.

Le arse will try and overload us on the wings, and Romero would have licence to move from left to right to be the two v one when they do, but back into the centre when he can to allow the wingbacks to push up.

LLoris,

Tangy, Sanchez, Dier, Reggie

Romero

Skippy, N'dom

Gil, Kane, Son,
If Moura and/or Bergwijn are available, it wouldn't surprise me to see Gil doesn't get the derby christening, bearing in mind he didn't even make the squad v Chelsea. But personally I'd like to see him play a part.

I think Lucas and Gil would press unbelievably well and create lots of turnovers.

The plot is definitely thickening and can't wait for Nuno to have a full compliment of players. Finding that blend of football brains, technical skill, industry etc is the hard piece for Nuno.

This last week without players like Lucas, he has tried to get the best brains and technicians in the team together. In Gio's case, it hasn't quite worked out how he would have hoped. He must be tempted to give him a run though if he believes it will click eventually.

Gil, Son, Bergwijn up top is fine by me.

Tanguy, Skipp, Dele behind them.

lol - if that is going to happen.

Reckon we would look a far more dangerous team with that lot playing. So many different qualities.

I think Son has the hump a bit. He signed a new deal with the promise of being our main man and striker.

Kate stays so Son has now been pushed back out to the left.

He won't do the defensive work, he was useless at it anyway.

Reckon we would look a far more dangerous team with that lot playing. So many different qualities.

I think Son has the hump a bit. He signed a new deal with the promise of being our main man and striker.

Kate stays so Son has now been pushed back out to the left.

He won't do the defensive work, he was useless at it anyway.

I suspect that when Nuno talked of making us 'more solid' it's why he started playing Dele on the left as Son really is a lightweight when it comes to defensive matters and closing down.

Tough game to predict. We've finished above Arsenal for the last five seasons but haven't won there since November 2010. And the last time before that was May 1993! So clearly they seem to be able to get themselves up the NLD at home irrespective of form or table position. We'll certainly need to show more fight than we did there last season.