20210926 PL Match Thread - Arsenal FC vs Tottenham Hotspur | Page 2 | Vital Football

20210926 PL Match Thread - Arsenal FC vs Tottenham Hotspur

Result?

• Win

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Lose

Votes: 6 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'll be pissed if he drops Tanganga for Royal. Tanganga is a much better RB.

Hugo, Tanganga, Sanchez, Romero, Reggie, Skippy, Dele, Ndombele, Gil, Lucas, Son.

I would love to see either Tang or Romero at DM....both have pace and are physical...could be very good disrupters in there.

I'm more than happy with Skipp there. The fact he is only 21 and more than holding his own is good enough for me.

RD, very true...Skippy has impressed the heck out of me. Kind of reminds me of Parker.

He does need some help in there though. Skippy next to Romero or Tang in the middle could be fun. Very tough and could win the mid-field which is what we so desperately need...and both like to push the ball forward.

A couple of selection posers for Nuno today.

With Ndombele back in the fold he'll have to choose between PEH and Skipp. PEH got the nod last week - for his experience I assume - but Skipp has been playing well in the central role.

Moura is available again and Nuno appears to rate him. Lo Celso has done nothing so far to nail down a spot and it wouldn't surprise me to see Moura reclaim his spot from him.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is the team that Nuno starts today:

Lloris
Tanga, Romero, Dier, Reggie
Ndombele, PEH, Dele
Moura, Kane, Son

With Ndombele back in the fold he'll have to choose between PEH and Skipp. PEH got the nod last week - for his experience I assume - but Skipp has been playing well in the central role.

Moura is available again and Nuno appears to rate him. Lo Celso has done nothing so far to nail down a spot and it wouldn't surprise me to see Moura reclaim his spot from him.

Lloris
Ndombele, PEH, Dele
Moura, Kane, Son

Yeah I can see that as the likely 'safe' lineup....but I think it would be a wrong move. It is time to take chances and surprise someone.

I would go with:

Lloris
Tang, Romero, Dier, Reggie
Ndom, Skippy, Dele
Lucas, Son, Gil

Lloris
Ndombele, PEH, Dele
Moura, Kane, Son
Haha Gary was thinking the same, jotting it down on a pad, then I read your post.

As impressive as NDombele recently, I worry about his fitness playing so much football all of a sudden. Arsenals midfield trio tend to be pretty fit so I'd be tempted to start with the Hojbjerg, Skipp, Dele trio in midfield and then give NDombele the last 30mins to go all out and show what he can do.

Lloris
Ndombele, PEH, Dele
Moura, Kane, Son
I'd prefer Lucas to come off bench and give Gil a start.

Sorry just seen you omitted Kane. Not gonna happen!

Starting XI: Lloris (c), Tanganga, Dier, Sanchez, Reguilon, Hojbjerg, Dele, Ndombele, Lucas, Son, Kane. Substitutes: Gollini, Royal, Davies, Romero, Rodon, Skipp, Lo Celso, Bryan, Scarlett.

Lloris (c), Tanganga, Dier, Sanchez, Reguilon, Hojbjerg, Dele, Ndombele, Lucas, Son, Kane. Substitutes: Gollini, Royal, Davies, Romero, Rodon, Skipp, Lo Celso, Bryan, Scarlett.

It's Sanchez for Romero.

Lloris (c), Tanganga, Dier, Sanchez, Reguilon, Hojbjerg, Dele, Ndombele, Lucas, Son, Kane. Substitutes: Gollini, Royal, Davies, Romero, Rodon, Skipp, Lo Celso, Bryan, Scarlett.

It's Sanchez for Romero.

Hmmm...well not sure I like it. Would much rather see Romero, Skipp, and Gil out there....and of course would like to see Kane benched...

Oh well, guess we will see...I do have Kane scoring so I need the points.

Still, I'd have preferred Lucas off the bench for the energy late on. There's only the 'slower' options and mostly defensive bench.