20210922 CC Match Thread - Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Tottenham Hotspur | Page 11 | Vital Football

20210922 CC Match Thread - Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Tottenham Hotspur

Result?

• Win

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lose

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The starting line up clearly indicated that we will be taking this competition seriously this season, and this was a good win for us. Additionally I think that Nuno is influenced by the need to give his preferred eleven as much game time as possible together, resting one or two only for each fixture. Not for the first time this season however, Wolves seemed to play us off the park for long periods, fortunately their finishing is poor. A draw was always going to be as good as a win for us and so it proved, with Wolves giving a dreadful exhibition of schoolboy error penalty taking. Burnley next, similar type of fixture, hopefully the same outcome.

I thought it was a good game . A few negatives but the positives outweigh them .,we are certainly moving the ball better , Gil had a very good game and looks to be settling in well,,, Kate looked more proactive , Ndom was very good , but tired again at the end , which cost us their second goal , Skipp was impressive , Tanga takes no prisoners ,… we have to be a lot more active on defending corners and free kicks , it’s no good standing still and waving a leg in the air behind you !
Both CBs lacked concentration, which can be worked on .
We missed Dier and Moura , Dele played well and was unlucky not to score .

Gil was very good , and put in a shift all over the field , even put in some good defensive tackles on Traore .

I enjoyed the game , but we should have had it out of sight in the first half .
The commentator on the game I was watching said that the bloke who got carried off only had a hammy …. Ive never seen anyone on stretcher for a hamstring .
Has anyone else seen so many players going down like the wolves players did , all over the park .
That Korean bloke of theirs was prostrate for more minutes than he was upright .
When he claimed Romero had elbowed him , and stayed down in agony , I had to laugh when he had to get up , not injured at all , and was saying to the ref “ no foul? ,, no foul ? “.

Overall , a better game from us , less to be worked on and going in the right direction .

Was a good game to watch to be fair. We look so much better playing more attacking players.

For me Tanganga, Skippy and Gil should be starting every week. If we want to rebuild then young players like this are the way forward.

I'm not convinced by Golli. I like his attitude but I don't feel confident yet with him playing.

I'm not to bothered about Sanchez making one howler. He takes 3-4 games to get into the grove. Always has done.

Romero showed some good tackles but he certainly doesn't look like a 50m CB.

If Ndombele plays do not give him any defensive duties. Madness he was marking a beast on a set piece. Our 2 goals were his mistakes but he really does create chances and scored a top goal.

I'm still unsure what our best midfield is but Ndombele has to be in it.

I'm probably going with Skipp, Dele, Ndombele but would quite easily take out Dele for Hojbjerg. Depending on opponent quality. Lo Celso and Winks are way off them 4.

I love Gil on the left. He gives us great balance. Would love to see a trio of Gil, Son, Stevie B at some point.