20210922 CC Match Thread - Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Tottenham Hotspur | Page 12 | Vital Football

20210922 CC Match Thread - Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Tottenham Hotspur

Result?

• Win

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lose

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We seem to be moving beyond the false expectations of Moura, with Hojbjerg trying to operate as a right midfielder. Both have their uses, but paired down the right hand side doesn't work. Dele looked much better on the right with Tanguy adopting the left position and working with Gil. Gio is probably the concern, and Son looked a little out of sorts by playing too wide.

Right now, if I had to pick a NLD away Spurs eleven it would be....

Lloris
Tanganga, Romero, Dier, Reggie
Dele, Skipp, Ndombele
Gio, Son, Gil

Gio, for now, is scraping in without access to Bergwijn, or Moura. If fit, I'd pick Bergwijn.
Davies vs Reggie is a close call.
Romero vs Sanchez is a close call
Hojbjerg is perhaps unlucky but is not a master of a single trade. A good sub to have though.
Dele's place is definitely up for grabs, but I would stick with him for now. I think we will see some assists come in the next few weeks.
Kane can obviously walk in, if he repairs his head. He didn't shut down at all again last night. Barely entered into a physical battle with anyone. Nobody gets in my team doing that, even if their name is Ronaldo or Messi.

Was a good game to watch to be fair. We look so much better playing more attacking players.

For me Tanganga, Skippy and Gil should be starting every week. If we want to rebuild then young players like this are the way forward.

I'm not convinced by Golli. I like his attitude but I don't feel confident yet with him playing.

I'm not to bothered about Sanchez making one howler. He takes 3-4 games to get into the grove. Always has done.

Romero showed some good tackles but he certainly doesn't look like a 50m CB.

If Ndombele plays do not give him any defensive duties. Madness he was marking a beast on a set piece. Our 2 goals were his mistakes but he really does create chances and scored a top goal.

I'm still unsure what our best midfield is but Ndombele has to be in it.

I'm probably going with Skipp, Dele, Ndombele but would quite easily take out Dele for Hojbjerg. Depending on opponent quality. Lo Celso and Winks are way off them 4.

I love Gil on the left. He gives us great balance. Would love to see a trio of Gil, Son, Stevie B at some point.
Good post RD .

We seem to be moving beyond the false expectations of Moura, with Hojbjerg trying to operate as a right midfielder. Both have their uses, but paired down the right hand side doesn't work. Dele looked much better on the right with Tanguy adopting the left position and working with Gil. Gio is probably the concern, and Son looked a little out of sorts by playing too wide.

Right now, if I had to pick a NLD away Spurs eleven it would be....

Lloris
Tanganga, Romero, Dier, Reggie
Dele, Skipp, Ndombele
Gio, Son, Gil

Gio, for now, is scraping in without access to Bergwijn, or Moura. If fit, I'd pick Bergwijn.
Davies vs Reggie is a close call.
Romero vs Sanchez is a close call
Hojbjerg is perhaps unlucky but is not a master of a single trade. A good sub to have though.
Dele's place is definitely up for grabs, but I would stick with him for now. I think we will see some assists come in the next few weeks.
Kane can obviously walk in, if he repairs his head. He didn't shut down at all again last night. Barely entered into a physical battle with anyone. Nobody gets in my team doing that, even if their name is Ronaldo or Messi.

As the season goes on we can see the weak links in the team. CM is clearly an area we need to invest in next summer.

I'm surprised at how good Skippy is at his age. With Ndombele looking more hungry we are starting to see more balance. It's the 3rd spot I can't quite nail down yet. If we can nail that position things will click defensively and offensively.

Kane did look more slick last night that is one positive from his performance.

I think a trio of Reggie, Ndombele and Gill could work well. Just a bit worried defensively with it.

It's a shame Sess is nowhere to be seen. I really like the idea of Tanganga and Sess playing as the full backs. It's important to have a British spine going forward.

As the season goes on we can see the weak links in the team. CM is clearly an area we need to invest in next summer.

I'm surprised at how good Skippy is at his age. With Ndombele looking more hungry we are starting to see more balance. It's the 3rd spot I can't quite nail down yet. If we can nail that position things will click defensively and offensively.

Kane did look more slick last night that is one positive from his performance.

I think a trio of Reggie, Ndombele and Gill could work well. Just a bit worried defensively with it.

It's a shame Sess is nowhere to be seen. I really like the idea of Tanganga and Sess playing as the full backs. It's important to have a British spine going forward.

Yeah, it's not impossible for Sess to displace Reggie and Davies this season. He absolutely needs to show more resilience and take his chances in the cups. There is a player in there somewhere.

I couldn't watch the match but listened on the radio, have read comments and ratings. It seems there were some positives.
Gil settling in and adjusting to a more intense type of football.
Ndombele turning a corner.
Skipp improving
Tanganga continues to impress
Kane delivering ( hope it continues ).

He's only one player, so he can't be any bigger than 1/11th of why we are shite.

Secondly, you are entitled to your opinion, of which I strongly disagree.

To substantiate your original point that he is 'great', he needs to show us consistent evidence to back that up. What is evident is his complete incapability to be that player.