20210916 ECL Match Thread - Stade Rennais FC vs Tottenham Hotspur | Page 10 | Vital Football

20210916 ECL Match Thread - Stade Rennais FC vs Tottenham Hotspur

Result?

• Win

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Lose

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We've been talking about the lack of movement from our players but last night I saw numerous runs by Scarlett, Ndombele, Dele (and possibly Kane) off the shoulder of the last defender but the ball never came. We seem happy to play long balls to the overlapping FBs but not into those areas that really hurt defences.

Scarlett showed a lot of promise last night I thought. I'd much prefer he gets the nod ahead of Kane in a few 'lesser' games. He showed Kane how to attach the ball at least!

Well, I've read all the posts, opinions on everything, I know I am sticking my neck out here...but I thought we played pretty good going forward once HK went off.

Doh! get the fcuk out of my club!
Davies! finished as far as I am concerned
Tanganga thumbs up young man
Rodon, its there in him, will get there, but at the mo cannot handle the heat, got ruffled, caused by our useless FB's.

N'Dom, again thumbs up, not bad 1st game back.
Bryan, its there needs time, jesus only 20 in a new enviroment.
Scarlett, get in there young un, your learning and you will get there.

Hoj, given more freedom, that's more like it.

Gollini, poor hands for their 2nd, but their 1st, down to poor defending and weak tackling, so no blame to him.

The irony that prior to the Høj goal, the guy in comms said "much better ball in from Doherty" - erm, no it wasn't, it barely left the ground like every ball he tried to put in. We just got lucky it deflected into the path of Høj for his goal.
Doherty is a waste of a squad place.

Well, I've read all the posts, opinions on everything, I know I am sticking my neck out here...but I thought we played pretty good going forward once HK went off.

Doh! get the fcuk out of my club!
Davies! finished as far as I am concerned
Tanganga thumbs up young man
Rodon, its there in him, will get there, but at the mo cannot handle the heat, got ruffled, caused by our useless FB's.

N'Dom, again thumbs up, not bad 1st game back.
Bryan, its there needs time, jesus only 20 in a new enviroment.
Scarlett, get in there young un, your learning and you will get there.

Hoj, given more freedom, that's more like it.

Gollini, poor hands for their 2nd, but their 1st, down to poor defending and weak tackling, so no blame to him.

What you have done there is rate the players, see where I'm coming from ?

Ndombele's backheel for the first goal was exquisite but the highlight of the evening for me was the give and go with Kane that shredded the Rennes defence. The one where he found space in midfield and played PEH's pass to Kane first time and ran into the penalty area to collect the return. That's how to unlock tight defences.

Whoa Whoa....you are talking about quick passing and quick decisive runs off ball...that is CRAZY TALK!!!!!