2021 Summer Transfer Thread | Page 102 | Vital Football

2021 Summer Transfer Thread

Croatia has a fantastic record of producing quality players for a country of its size and Kulenovic must have something about him if he’s played at U21 international level. But based on comments in forums, Dinamo fans think he regressed a lot during his time in Poland. He’s still young but he’s not seen as one of their major talents. It sounds like it represents quite a gamble, especially if it’s transfer free upfront rather than loan to buy. I have a feeling it’s based on an idea that his characteristics could particularly suit English football. But I’ve never seen the kid play, so who knows.

Croatia has a fantastic record of producing quality players for a country of its size and Kulenovic must have something about him if he’s played at U21 international level. But based on comments in forums, Dinamo fans think he regressed a lot during his time in Poland. He’s still young but he’s not seen as one of their major talents. It sounds like it represents quite a gamble, especially if it’s transfer free upfront rather than loan to buy. I have a feeling it’s based on an idea that his characteristics could particularly suit English football. But I’ve never seen the kid play, so who knows.
From our point of view it’s too much of a gamble to buy him straight out as his record isn’t that great so loan to buy is the smart choice for us. His club seem happy enough to let that happen so up to him now.

Poor value for money in my opinion. Not a prem player and hardly a championship star.
He is an excellent player at this level, but like you said- didn't make anything like that impression on the premier league

I agree; I wouldn't be spending that money

Last edited:
Poor value for money in my opinion. Not a prem player and hardly a championship star.
He is 24 as well so while he could become a Premier League player he won’t ever be anything more than an average player at that level.

He is very good at Championship level though and is a signal of intent from Fulham which makes it even more odd that Parker would leave to go to Bournemouth, particularly with rumours swirling that the owner wants out…

I'm hoping we sign 2 or 3, with a LB the priority.

I'd go with what appears to be a 3-5-1-1

Samba (or new guy)
Soh Worrall McKenna
Gabriel A N Other
Yates Carvalho Lolley
Johnson/Mighten
Grabban

to be going on with.

From our point of view it’s too much of a gamble to buy him straight out as his record isn’t that great so loan to buy is the smart choice for us. His club seem happy enough to let that happen so up to him now.

Its not much of a financial gamble at like 1 million quid and probabaly a lowish wage tho, for essentially still a youth player with a lot of potential who apparently we have watched for several years. Might be a gamble if he was our major signing and we needed 25 goals from him but thats unlikely the case

Just putting it out there…wishful thinking.

we are reportedly in for him but looks like he’s going to cortone

Its not much of a financial gamble at like 1 million quid and probabaly a lowish wage tho, for essentially still a youth player with a lot of potential who apparently we have watched for several years. Might be a gamble if he was our major signing and we needed 25 goals from him but thats unlikely the case
My understanding is they wanted in the region of €2-3m which in this environment and with his record is a risk. Loan to buy all the way for me…

Maybe try £1.5m with add one and see whether they come to the table and start negotiating.

Does depend what our budget is though. Like everyone else, our finances aren’t going to see us throwing money at players.

Maybe try £1.5m with add one and see whether they come to the table and start negotiating.

Does depend what our budget is though. Like everyone else, our finances aren’t going to see us throwing money at players.
They are going to be trying to see if they can get £3m and forest rightly won't go near that