2021 Summer Transfer Thread | Page 54 | Vital Football

2021 Summer Transfer Thread

Ikpeazu looks a handful, we need a striker with presence who can put himself about a bit. Scored a few great goals last season as well, under 30 as well so thats a novelty.

Longman I know nothing about but seems to have done OK for Wimbledon, also young so scope to improve and increase in value. Both I'd imagine will not cost a lot and be relatively low wages wise, so a step in the right direction than players on the decline earning big wages.

I did think he looked good when we played them. But… hardly banging them in is he? 6 goals.

Hate to be doom and gloom but it feels like it says a lot about where we’re at that we’d welcome a striker from a relegated side who didn’t even hit double figures last season and has a pretty iffy record in years prior…

Agree, thought he looked like a better akinfenwa

Which is not saying much.

I am not averse to signing a big physical type of forward as we will definitely need to sign more than one, and we will need a plan B in games at some stage of the season.

Someone who can get stuck into defenders, likes to attack that area between the penalty spot and the front post and can play with his back to goal; unfortunately Ikpeazu's first touch is a tackle, its a big no for me.

I think we and other clubs will have to work on a tighter budget this summer, we haven't had a go at lower league players for a while probably about time we tried it the other way instead of getting over the hill lower end prem players. Same for the random foreign lads on the whole, need some effort and desire which is more likely from players trying to climb the leagues.

Still got a few we need shot of like Arter, I really can't see them going unless it's a loan and we pay a chunk of the wages.

I am not averse to signing a big physical type of forward as we will definitely need to sign more than one, and we will need a plan B in games at some stage of the season.

Someone who can get stuck into defenders, likes to attack that area between the penalty spot and the front post and can play with his back to goal; unfortunately Ikpeazu's first touch is a tackle, its a big no for me.
He certainly doesn’t raise the excitement levels. Nothing more than a bang average player who is just about good enough for the division but that’s it.

I dont know how old he is, thought he was young but u describe exactly the type of plan b we need.

I think we and other clubs will have to work on a tighter budget this summer, we haven't had a go at lower league players for a while probably about time we tried it the other way instead of getting over the hill lower end prem players. Same for the random foreign lads on the whole, need some effort and desire which is more likely from players trying to climb the leagues.

Still got a few we need shot of like Arter, I really can't see them going unless it's a loan and we pay a chunk of the wages.

Exactly ron, we want players trying to progress not football equivalent of 9-5ers happy where they are.

He certainly doesn’t raise the excitement levels. Nothing more than a bang average player who is just about good enough for the division but that’s it.

It looks like another click bait article to me.

I would expect some activity fairly soon; Hughton will want as many as possible in for the start of pre season training which is in just over two weeks time.

I would have thought that our first signings will be either players out of contract or from the lower leagues; players from the PL will not be moving until Euro is over and the PL Clubs have an idea what the squads look like.

“We knew it was going to be played direct into Uche Ikpeazu up front and we knew he was going to try to have a wrestle and a war. I think we stood up a lot of it but sometimes the big guy is unplayable. He’s a right handful"

Steven Gerrard

What is mildly interesting in this transfer window, apart from the puerile bickering, is that we seem to be taking our time. Is that due to the players Hughton wants are under contract and therefore require sensitive negotiation to release them from said contract, or are we just spinning plates until a new CEO arrives with a confirmed budget?