2021 Summer Transfer Thread | Page 49 | Vital Football

2021 Summer Transfer Thread

Its likely that he will be back for training though because of his price tag, or so I believe.

His wife & family didn't want to move to UK, so that she had the support of her own family, rather than being isolated in UK.

It'll be interesting where Yuri goes & for that matter, Carvalho - because if JC doesn't get a chance under Hughton, then that really does leave Figgy isolated.

Personally, if we don't sell Worrall/McKenna - he'd be 4th choice CH behind Mbe Soh.

Although, lot's of chatter about Mbe Soh being sent on loan (in France) for game time too - hopefully, not - as I think he's a another good prospect, but hasn't yet had an opportunity.

His wife & family didn't want to move to UK, so that she had the support of her own family, rather than being isolated in UK.

It'll be interesting where Yuri goes & for that matter, Carvalho - because if JC doesn't get a chance under Hughton, then that really does leave Figgy isolated.

Personally, if we don't sell Worrall/McKenna - he'd be 4th choice CH behind Mbe Soh.

Although, lot's of chatter about Mbe Soh being sent on loan (in France) for game time too - hopefully, not - as I think he's a another good prospect, but hasn't yet had an opportunity.

I really like Figuerido and would be disappointed to see him go. The guy defends well, has a good attitude and clearly cares. He made some bad mistakes at one stage, but on the whole has been an excellent signing.

Was surprised at his physicality given he’s Portuguese and playing for the first time in the championship. We should command a really decent fee for him - he’s only 27 and been part of one of the best championship defenses for the last 3 or so seasons.

I really like Figuerido and would be disappointed to see him go. The guy defends well, has a good attitude and clearly cares. He made some bad mistakes at one stage, but on the whole has been an excellent signing.

Was surprised at his physicality given he’s Portuguese and playing for the first time in the championship. We should command a really decent fee for him - he’s only 27 and been part of one of the best championship defenses for the last 3 or so seasons.
Interesting. I’d hope we’d get what we paid for him (2-3 mill) but I thought he was pretty awful most of last year; an absolute liability.

Obviously lots of others were awful too - but our 3rd choice CB, can’t see people breaking the bank…

Figs looked like a proper no-nonsense defender when he first arrived, he's gone downhill ever since though

Interesting. I’d hope we’d get what we paid for him (2-3 mill) but I thought he was pretty awful most of last year; an absolute liability.

Obviously lots of others were awful too - but our 3rd choice CB, can’t see people breaking the bank…

I think we paid just under 2m euros and we want nearer 4m

We paid 1m euro for Toby; the fee was set when he signed on loan

Sunderland media reporting that we've offered Wyke a contract along with Celtic and Middlesbrough.

Fortunately, we ought to be third choice for him out of the three, but suspect we will try to motivate him by out bidding on the wage lol.

Last edited:
Sunderland media reporting that we've offered Wyke a contract along with Celtic and Middlesbrough.

Fortunately, we ought to be third choice for him out of the three, but suspect we will try to motivate that by out bidding on the wage lol.
You can kiss goodbye to this transfer window and next season if that is true

If that is the standard of player we are chasing then I absolutely give up.

I cannot have even the slightest respect for Hughton, let alone the clowns in our recruitment team *if* we are genuinely offering money to Wyke.

Do we ever learn?

You can kiss goodbye to this transfer window and next season if that is true

If that is the standard of player we are chasing then I absolutely give up.

I cannot have even the slightest respect for Hughton, let alone the clowns in our recruitment team *if* we are genuinely offering money to Wyke.

Do we ever learn?

His masterbate.

I might be the only one but i do think that the best striker we can go for is Britt.

He is a goal scorer at this level and available on a free. Give him a good signing on bonus and lower wages and a 2 year deal.

I know there are mixed thoughts on how he left and the likes but i think CH can get 20 goals and also give grabban much needed competition.

Brennan and mighten hopefully are in the team next season.