2021 Summer Transfer Thread | Page 47 | Vital Football

2021 Summer Transfer Thread

Ameobi was one of the players who refused to play; are you seriously questioning his application up until those last six games?

If the team had not played for each other last season we would have been relegated; if anything team spirit helped us pull through.

You are looking for reasons for last seasons failings which do not exist; bad preparation, injuries and loss of confidence was more than enough to explain what went wrong.

And you're looking for any excuse to stick to your narrative.

The reality is that all clubs had bad preparation and injuries last season. There were a multitude of reasons for our failures last year, some you've acknowledged, some you refuse to.

When we were playing well under SL it was noticeable just how much work the entire team did for each other. Even Lolley was found covering for Cash's marauding runs time and time again. We were not bailing each other out last year.

Here's a quote by Conte:

“If you want to win something during the season it is important to create a unity in the team. To create this unity between the players, the staff, the club, you have to have a good spirit. I think we are showing this is one of the most important things that has led us to the top of the table. In every team I managed, I always tried to build the right spirit because it is of fundamental importance if you want to have a good season. It is not easy to create and before you arrive at creating a good spirit, you have to pass different steps, but I am pleased to see this unity in my team.

"You create the spirit day by day and step by step, with your work, with your decisions, with your behaviours and the players’ behaviours. Also you must know that you have to put in a lot of time to create this. It’s important to trust in the work because only the work can improve the situation. For sure it is important to have great players and in my team I have great players with great humility to work and try to improve the different situations and different tactical aspects.”

He's spot on, and hopefully Hughton is more dialled into it's importance than you are.

Motivation in football is such a difficult thing, perhaps the most difficult thing the manager of a side going nowhere has to do. In the case of an ageing player who knows he is not going to be offered a new contract but has sorted out a move i would say its nye on impossible. Wages should in an ideal world be witheld if a player refuses to play but we all know that is not possibe. Cant blame a player for not wanting to risk his livelyhood.

And you're looking for any excuse to stick to your narrative.

The reality is that all clubs had bad preparation and injuries last season. There were a multitude of reasons for our failures last year, some you've acknowledged, some you refuse to.

When we were playing well under SL it was noticeable just how much work the entire team did for each other. Even Lolley was found covering for Cash's marauding runs time and time again. We were not bailing each other out last year.

Here's a quote by Conte:

“If you want to win something during the season it is important to create a unity in the team. To create this unity between the players, the staff, the club, you have to have a good spirit. I think we are showing this is one of the most important things that has led us to the top of the table. In every team I managed, I always tried to build the right spirit because it is of fundamental importance if you want to have a good season. It is not easy to create and before you arrive at creating a good spirit, you have to pass different steps, but I am pleased to see this unity in my team.

"You create the spirit day by day and step by step, with your work, with your decisions, with your behaviours and the players’ behaviours. Also you must know that you have to put in a lot of time to create this. It’s important to trust in the work because only the work can improve the situation. For sure it is important to have great players and in my team I have great players with great humility to work and try to improve the different situations and different tactical aspects.”

He's spot on, and hopefully Hughton is more dialled into it's importance than you are.

Oh I see!

You make an erroneous point about players refusing to play, and when proven wrong, I am the one with the narrative.

Everyone and his dog know that you have a bee in your bonnet about the ownership and the so called poisonous environment at the Club; unfortunately your attempts to interweave that guff into every thing that goes wrong does nothing other than stretch credulity to its limits

Twisting things around no longer works; everyone is wise to your tactics and they no longer wash; unfortunately you appear to be the only one oblivious to the facts.

I have done nothing more than acknowledge the issues we know as fact; the preparation was bad, we had injuries to key players and there were huge confidence issues.

If you know of other issues you can feel free to elaborate; although I get the impression you are guessing.

"When we were playing well under SL it was noticeable just how much work the entire team did for each other. Even Lolley was found covering for Cash's marauding runs time and time again. We were not bailing each other out last year."

I'm sorry, but that is just arse dribble.

All you have done is highlight the difference between a team playing with confidence and one playing without.

Cash and Lolley teamed up very well; Cash was able to get forward so often because of his relationship with Lolley and, more importantly, because we had a centre forward who was holding the ball up.

Christie, on the other hand, did not look comfortable from the first minute; there were times when his attempts to control the ball resulted in the ball going under his foot; his confidence was shattered.

And that was only part of it; we did not have a single player who could hold the ball up all season - when that does not happen there is no let up with the pressure on the defence, and full backs will not commit to getting forward for fear of being exposed

I appreciate that such nuances escape you having never played the game; trying to compensate for having no experience by relying on data will not get you very far; in fact it is quite clear it is leading you down one blind alley after another

You have some nerve accusing me of not being dialled into the importance of team spirit, particularly when you have zero experience of either playing, coaching or managing the game.

Team spirit was not lacking last season; you do not end up with a defensive unit which turned out to be the fifth best in the division unless the players are pulling together.

And Conte's words are very nice; unfortunately he appears oblivious to his own advice, particularly when it comes to communicating with his own players, or do you not remember that?

Motivation in football is such a difficult thing, perhaps the most difficult thing the manager of a side going nowhere has to do. In the case of an ageing player who knows he is not going to be offered a new contract but has sorted out a move i would say its nye on impossible. Wages should in an ideal world be witheld if a player refuses to play but we all know that is not possibe. Cant blame a player for not wanting to risk his livelyhood.

No, I cannot agree with that.

Are you seriously suggesting that a player who knows his contract runs out in the summer has every right to down tools with a month or two months of the season to go?

It is happening more and more; Clubs need to get smarter to what is happening and build in caveats into contracts to cover such eventualities

Are you seriously suggesting that a player who knows his contract runs out in the summer has every right to down tools with a month or two months of the season to go?

It is happening more and more; Clubs need to get smarter to what is happening and build in caveats into contracts to cover such eventualities
I can understand the players reasoning but it’s still bollocks. He is being paid to do a job until a certain date so he should do it or ask to have it cancelled at no cost to the club.

From what I have seen, Ameobi has been carrying an injury for some time, hence why his knees have been strapped during games. He might not have been training between games due to this injury, we dont know.
If you had an injury and knew that in 6 weeks time you were unemployed and the only way of getting another contract elsewhere, what would you do?
Play injured and risk having a permanent injury preventing or delaying another contract, or to get the injury resolved?

From what I have seen, Ameobi has been carrying an injury for some time, hence why his knees have been strapped during games. He might not have been training between games due to this injury, we dont know.
If you had an injury and knew that in 6 weeks time you were unemployed and the only way of getting another contract elsewhere, what would you do?
Play injured and risk having a permanent injury preventing or delaying another contract, or to get the injury resolved?

Players risk permanent injury every time they step onto a pitch, and most players have no problems playing through the pain barrier, particularly when they are on an appearance related deal.

Ameobi was still in discussions about a new contract; it was only when the better offer materialised that he had a change of heart with regard to playing.

I heard he was offered a contract and turned it down; he then picked up a mysterious injury and refused to play in the last half dozen games.

No idea what the reason was, I would assume he had a new Club lined up.

Sow's agent played a blinder; Sow could have walked in January, provided it was to a foreign Club.

His Agent allowed the discussions to go on until the end of January; when he found out he was not getting a new deal it was too late to move.

Had Sow actually played enough games, then he would have been offered a contract extension - but, his injury record speaks for itself.

Ameobi was offered a contract, clearly I have no info on the content - I do know that Derby had spoken to his agent and he wasn't short of suitors.

Clearly, Forest have a tricky path to follow - financially - it's way too easy to offer more money and as a free agent, Sammy (& all footballers) are in the driving seat, but the pandemic may actually help to bring wages down to a more sustainable level.

How hard did we try?

How can I give an answer to that?

We offered him a contract - Sammy declined.... as said previously, the contracts we're offering have to be in line with our fiscal situation - if the players get offered better elsewhere - do we enter a dutch auction?

Oh I see!

You make an erroneous point about players refusing to play, and when proven wrong, I am the one with the narrative.

Everyone and his dog know that you have a bee in your bonnet about the ownership and the so called poisonous environment at the Club; unfortunately your attempts to interweave that guff into every thing that goes wrong does nothing other than stretch credulity to its limits

Twisting things around no longer works; everyone is wise to your tactics and they no longer wash; unfortunately you appear to be the only one oblivious to the facts.

I have done nothing more than acknowledge the issues we know as fact; the preparation was bad, we had injuries to key players and there were huge confidence issues.

If you know of other issues you can feel free to elaborate; although I get the impression you are guessing.

"When we were playing well under SL it was noticeable just how much work the entire team did for each other. Even Lolley was found covering for Cash's marauding runs time and time again. We were not bailing each other out last year."

I'm sorry, but that is just arse dribble.

All you have done is highlight the difference between a team playing with confidence and one playing without.

Cash and Lolley teamed up very well; Cash was able to get forward so often because of his relationship with Lolley and, more importantly, because we had a centre forward who was holding the ball up.

Christie, on the other hand, did not look comfortable from the first minute; there were times when his attempts to control the ball resulted in the ball going under his foot; his confidence was shattered.

And that was only part of it; we did not have a single player who could hold the ball up all season - when that does not happen there is no let up with the pressure on the defence, and full backs will not commit to getting forward for fear of being exposed

I appreciate that such nuances escape you having never played the game; trying to compensate for having no experience by relying on data will not get you very far; in fact it is quite clear it is leading you down one blind alley after another

You have some nerve accusing me of not being dialled into the importance of team spirit, particularly when you have zero experience of either playing, coaching or managing the game.

Team spirit was not lacking last season; you do not end up with a defensive unit which turned out to be the fifth best in the division unless the players are pulling together.

And Conte's words are very nice; unfortunately he appears oblivious to his own advice, particularly when it comes to communicating with his own players, or do you not remember that?

Lol how do you know what experience I have and by all means share your CV so we may all be struck down in awe.

You dismiss anything that doesn't fit your narrative, DT went from a top football journalist in your opinion to bottom of the barrel once he had questions about EM...

DT had a tiff with Jonny Owen. Where he once got access to "his" team, he now gets as much, maybe even less than Sarah Clapson

Lol how do you know what experience I have and by all means share your CV so we may all be struck down in awe.

You dismiss anything that doesn't fit your narrative, DT went from a top football journalist in your opinion to bottom of the barrel once he had questions about EM...

You can mock all you like; my expertise is still very much in demand.

I have been sounded out to go back into coaching an under age side; just need to see if it will fit in with my commitments.

And as for dismissing anything that does not fit my narrative; are you sure you do not stand in front of the mirror when you repeat that mantra?

I bet you even keep a straight face when doing so.

I have no issues with Danny Taylor; he is still the best football journalist out there; that does not mean he should be exempt from criticism when he is wrong.

He needlessly dragged his lovers tiff with Johnny Owen out into the open and he walked straight into a huge stitch up with some of the gossip he repeated in the Athletic

Lets see if he learns his lesson.