2021 Summer Transfer Thread | Page 58 | Vital Football

2021 Summer Transfer Thread

I would be very surprised if they allow Worrall to leave; if anyone one leaves it will be Johnson

Why would a lower-Championship club that has not had crowds for over a year and in need of a decent transfer fee for someone (as this is the business model, sell one big player per year, use half to cover losses spunk the other half on several shit players), stand in the way of a player who has shown dedicated service and getting to an age where he needs to progress his career from playing in the PL, which he has absolute no chance of ever doing with us?

I say chap, just how did you get on in the Turnip throwing "chapionships" that was being held at Bramcote Baths.

No spelling mistake there chaps

Don't you dare quote me ever again you cretin

Now let's take this over to BU and ask if anyone knows why a police car drove by with sirens on earlier x

Why would a lower-Championship club that has not had crowds for over a year and in need of a decent transfer fee for someone (as this is the business model, sell one big player per year, use half to cover losses spunk the other half on several shit players), stand in the way of a player who has shown dedicated service and getting to an age where he needs to progress his career from playing in the PL, which he has absolute no chance of ever doing with us?

has to be some consistency, we spunked 13m on Carvalho, sold a couple of kids for 7m. Worral is head a and shoulders above all 3 players and is under contract. He also gives us a better chance of a promotion push. If you are an owner of the club and want promotion, he stays or he goes for 20m so we can improve the side. To improve the side and replace woz will likely cost you 20m

While we wait for any transfer news, it's the cricket season.

Sat in the sun the other day, forgot to come in and watch the live stream of Notts v Worcs in the T20. Missed the best ever bowling figures in the competition, 3 for 4 in 4 overs by Samit. Worcs only managed 86-8.

I watched the Notts reply from about two overs in. It lasted just 6.2 overs as Hales and Clarke massacred the bowling and wrapped up a 10 wicket win in time to watch the football. Good stuff.

We must be waiting for this new ceo to sanction signings? Squad is back next monday allegeldy all 6 of them

I would guess that most of our signings are going to be free's; if so, they will still be under contract until Wednesday.

The negotiations will have taken place but the players will not be able to sign until Thursday.

Any players we pay a fee for will not be moving until the selling Club have a replacement lined up, that could take a few weeks to sort out.

Any loan we have lined up will not arrive until they have completed pre season with their parent Club.

We should see some action next week.

The first few days of our pre season involves the players weighing in and doing other tests designed to show they have not spent the whole of pre season on the piss; which would make a change from spending the whole of the season taking the piss.

has to be some consistency, we spunked 13m on Carvalho, sold a couple of kids for 7m. Worral is head a and shoulders above all 3 players and is under contract. He also gives us a better chance of a promotion push. If you are an owner of the club and want promotion, he stays or he goes for 20m so we can improve the side. To improve the side and replace woz will likely cost you 20m

The fee for Carvalho wasn't £13m (13m euros) - there has been an agreement reached, whereby we will end up paying around 5m less!

With regard to Worrall or any other player - the most important part is whether they want to go, not whether we want to keep them.

My understanding is that we are much better placed than many clubs, ST renewals are at fantastic levels and the fee from Cash was pure profit.... there are also add-ons that we benefit from, as his contract at Villa has already been upgraded.

There is also the potential for quite a large sell on if Jorge Grant leaves Lincoln - several Championship clubs sniffing.

As Mao says - the most likely player to leave would be Brennan, because his Dad is touting him around.

Personally - I'd make Worrall Captain, payrise & ask for one last season.

I would guess that most of our signings are going to be free's; if so, they will still be under contract until Wednesday.

The negotiations will have taken place but the players will not be able to sign until Thursday.

Any players we pay a fee for will not be moving until the selling Club have a replacement lined up, that could take a few weeks to sort out.

Any loan we have lined up will not arrive until they have completed pre season with their parent Club.

We should see some action next week.

The first few days of our pre season involves the players weighing in and doing other tests designed to show they have not spent the whole of pre season on the piss; which would make a change from spending the whole of the season taking the piss.

Correct - there will be movement soon, although we are hoping to offload a few more of our contracted players - which is easier said than done!

As stated, some players are already back - others, not involved in internationals come back next week for weigh ins etc.

The retained players were all given individual training regimes for close season and a target weight...... common practice for all clubs.

Jack Marriott (who looks to be returning to Posh on a free from DCFC) famously returned from the break a few years ago - almost a stone over his target weight!

Worrall staying at the club or not has no bearing on a promotion push.

If he stays, there will be no promotion push. If he goes, there will be no promotion push.

As this club has two major ways of making money 1) get promoted 2) sell players, if one of those options is simply not possible, then it makes sense to go after the other option, particularly as there has been precious little of any other revenue over the last year.