2021 Summer Transfer Thread | Page 5 | Vital Football

2021 Summer Transfer Thread

Yeah I get that but why would you want a player to learn that when they haven't even learned enough of the English game yet?
I'm not a coach, but I presume there is a utility to doing the overseas experience earlier.

It probably helps you see which players still have the potential to make it at European level. You probably want to "finish" the player here rather than over there, hence the earlier experience abroad. Those are guesses

I'd want him to go where he's happy and playing (whether that be Forest or any club, anywhere in the world)

This is right up your street. Find out how many top players actually went on loan abroad :thumbup:

It doesn't take any 'researching', you just have to look at the list of names to know that hardly any of them have been on loan abroad. I wasn't asking you to do it 'for me' and I wasn't even arguing with you. It's quite obvious to see though that top players, who play CL and for England, as a general rule, do not go abroad on loan

I'm not a coach, but I presume there is a utility to doing the overseas experience earlier.

It probably helps you see which players still have the potential to make it at European level. You probably want to "finish" the player here rather than over there, hence the earlier experience abroad. Those are guesses
I am not sure it’s still the case but Utd youngsters used to go abroad for half a season or a full season between the ages of 18 and 21 but there was always the consideration given to whether the player would struggle with home sickness and/or whether they would benefit from learning a different type of football.

The championship is a very strong proving ground but sometimes players need a less brutal league to develop confidence in their own skills.

And anyway, this was a hypothetical situation where YOU were the manager and decided where he went!!!!
Having Garner back here is the best for his development. A lower Prem team seems attractive, but will he play week in week out?. Going to Antwerp would be like playing for Celtic or Rangers. Playing against weaker than Championship standard teams for 85% of the season. He's only just turned 20 I think, and let's be honest, sheltered young English players do not generally adapt socially very well abroad (Language etc), and less so when you're barely 20 years old.

Get him back here and sign someone to play alongside him. A big upgrade on Yates and Colback.
Get Christie back with Gabriel his understudy, and the defence is done.

2 x wingers and 2 x strikers for me, plus Krov.

Not too bothered about wingers. Johnson can play on one and Mighten other. Also have Lolley and possibly Ameobi. Left back and striker are the issue alongside a Garner or lookalike.

good quality strikers are not easy to find. This is first priority and we need two of, just in case. Media is talking about Dursan, but he is likely to stay in Germany, possibly with Schalke. Yates at Blackpool, Jephcott at Plymouth and Humphrys at Rochdale are the best in lower leagues. Not up to date so much with youth football these days. Of course Swann will be back but he probably needs another year loan. Any others?

Not too bothered about wingers. Johnson can play on one and Mighten other. Also have Lolley and possibly Ameobi. Left back and striker are the issue alongside a Garner or lookalike.

good quality strikers are not easy to find. This is first priority and we need two of, just in case. Media is talking about Dursan, but he is likely to stay in Germany, possibly with Schalke. Yates at Blackpool, Jephcott at Plymouth and Humphrys at Rochdale are the best in lower leagues. Not up to date so much with youth football these days. Of course Swann will be back but he probably needs another year loan. Any others?
If we hang on to Ioannou then LB is covered between him and Blackett. Get shot of Bong and Jenks at all costs. I still think we need to refresh at winger, and bring in at least 1 bonafide starter if they decide to resign Ameobi.
As for strikers agree with what you listed from the lower leagues but then we are looking at a Prem loan or a foreign gamble. Going to be a tricky one

It doesn't take any 'researching', you just have to look at the list of names to know that hardly any of them have been on loan abroad. I wasn't asking you to do it 'for me' and I wasn't even arguing with you. It's quite obvious to see though that top players, who play CL and for England, as a general rule, do not go abroad on loan
possibly be even less now as they might not get a work permit :)

we need BJ in the centre not on the wings.
Not sure why always has to be lower league clubs,we should poss be trying to nab the best players in our own league. Sure,they may be pricey but its still gonan be more efficient than wasting it on shit. Besides, we arent the only club that needs to sell to raise funds.
Id have been hopefu;l that CH had lot sof knowledge about youngsters etc but when he brought in none and signed Murphy it dispelled that. Garner had already been doing it in this league and Manure were actively looking for a clb to play him. Otherwise, getting some loaness from the bigger clubs might be the way forward

Let's put it this way, Pope, if you were the manager of Man Utd, where would you prefer to send Garner out on loan next season?

He's proven he can do it at a level of a club like Forest.

If I was Solskjaer, I'd want him at the next level up - at one of the better Championship clubs with a decent chance of challenging, lower Prem or in a decent foreign league top division.

we need BJ in the centre not on the wings.
Not sure why always has to be lower league clubs,we should poss be trying to nab the best players in our own league. Sure,they may be pricey but its still gonan be more efficient than wasting it on shit. Besides, we arent the only club that needs to sell to raise funds.
Id have been hopefu;l that CH had lot sof knowledge about youngsters etc but when he brought in none and signed Murphy it dispelled that. Garner had already been doing it in this league and Manure were actively looking for a clb to play him. Otherwise, getting some loaness from the bigger clubs might be the way forward

Weve been there tho and its hit and miss, gardener, ince, chabbalah. Garner is better than all of those imo

He's proven he can do it at a level of a club like Forest.

If I was Solskjaer, I'd want him at the next level up - at one of the better Championship clubs with a decent chance of challenging, lower Prem or in a decent foreign league top division.

In theory u wud hope we wud qualify as a better champ club. Same manager for a change and a settled player. If i really thought garner cud progress (which i do) then i wud give forest a half season and look for a lower prem loan for the other.

In theory u wud hope we wud qualify as a better champ club. Same manager for a change and a settled player. If i really thought garner cud progress (which i do) then i wud give forest a half season and look for a lower prem loan for the other.

Looking at our historical league positions in this division over recent history compared to other teams in the division, on what basis do we qualify as a better Championship club?