2021 Summer Transfer Thread | Page 115 | Vital Football

2021 Summer Transfer Thread

100% yes.

Just as something/ someone the fans can enjoy watching. Can't really think of the last player we could say was a joy to watch.
That’s how I see it. Very good player, too good for this level really, but also someone who wants to play and rebuild his career.

Yes there is the distinct possibility of him being swiped but that would only happen if he played well for us which is not such a bad thing.

That’s how I see it. Very good player, too good for this level really, but also someone who wants to play and rebuild his career.

Yes there is the distinct possibility of him being swiped but that would only happen if he played well for us which is not such a bad thing.
I just think what a difference Merton made all those years ago at Pompey, and I think Anderton did even lower. And they were well further into their careers. This guy was a full England international.

Probably the closest comparison is Andy Reid, who also came in with several years of injury problems but was absolutely fucking majestic in some otherwise dire forest sides. He was an utter joy to watch every week- and Reid was never the player that Wiltshire was.

You know he's going to have his injuries. His body just won't manage it. But fuck me is he a good player to watch. I bet he can take a set piece better than all our other numpties as well.

There is not one current player that I feel excited to watch, other than to see what Brennan is all about

I just think what a difference Merton made all those years ago at Pompey, and I think Anderton did even lower. And they were well further into their careers. This guy was a full England international.

Probably the closest comparison is Andy Reid, who also came in with several years of injury problems but was absolutely fucking majestic in some otherwise dire forest sides. He was an utter joy to watch every week- and Reid was never the player that Wiltshire was.

You know he's going to have his injuries. His body just won't manage it. But fuck me is he a good player to watch. I bet he can take a set piece better than all our other numpties as well.

There is not one current player that I feel excited to watch, other than to see what Brennan is all about
Sad to say…I total;ly agree pope…especially the bit about the numpties :oops:

We should not be looking to sign players like Wilshere, but if he manages 10 games the whole season, I'm sure he would complete more passes than anyone else we currently have at the club.

As Mao knows, there was contact with Jack's agent a few weeks back. The salary expectation is close to Niangs. It went as far as that I believe.

Interesting.

Sounds like he's going to end up somewhere that has parachute payments and can afford £50-60k a week then
That was always what I thought would happen but no guarantee they will pay what he wants at which point his demands could drop. Wishful thinking I know…

Adam Reach was another name mentioned. I spoke to Mao about it and Derby want him so our interest could be there to push through left back position

Adam Reach was another name mentioned. I spoke to Mao about it and Derby want him so our interest could be there to push through left back position

Isn't the first time we've been linked with bringing Reach around.

In other news, due to demand on the forum, we are rumoured to be looking at Germany's third choice keeper for the Euros Kevin Trapp and are looking to give him the number 2 jersey if he signs.