2021 Summer Transfer Thread | Page 113 | Vital Football

2021 Summer Transfer Thread

I love it when players who are probably not even good enough to play for us turn us down.
From a decent European side who Im sure are in the Champions league, to a club that finsihed 17th in the second tier. I think the jokes on us

Forest social media page is all about celebrating birthdays and cups we won 40 years ago

It's getting boring. Sign some decent players. Stuck in the past. Sick of it.

Derby are limited who they can sign, but have 6 trialists.... granted, that's Stearman, Jagielka, Ravel Morrison, Tom Carroll, Sone Aluko, Sam Baldock plus, Curtis Davies & Andre Wisdom.

All free agents & all the wrong side of 30 for us, but they do at least seem to be active!

Buchanon played 1st half of their friendly last night.

Derby are limited who they can sign, but have 6 trialists.... granted, that's Stearman, Jagielka, Ravel Morrison, Tom Carroll, Sone Aluko, Sam Baldock plus, Curtis Davies & Andre Wisdom.

All free agents & all the wrong side of 30 for us, but they do at least seem to be active!

Wisdom and Davies arent really trialists, they were Derby's players and I think are out of contract.

We are apparently after great players that other teams want, which is why it's taking forever to achieve...

Well, history suggests that in these situations forest will tend to achieve nothing

Jack Wilshere also with Derby isn't he.

Wisdom and Davies arent really trialists, they were Derby's players and I think are out of contract.

We are apparently after great players that other teams want, which is why it's taking forever to achieve...

Well, history suggests that in these situations forest will tend to achieve nothing

I named the 6 trialists first & then put 'plus' Wisdom & Davies - both are out of contract, but they will technically be regarded as 'new' signings from an EFL perspective.

Fleming & Buchanon are known targets, but the selling clubs are holding out for big fees - which we'd do the same.

Loans take longer, as them EPL sides have to decide on their squads first & then, we can potentially get some loanees in.

We will make several signings, just frustratingly slowly!

They need cb's urgently. The players they are looking at aren't bad players but getting on a bit, the sort of players that can only manage 20 games a season.

Derby have two left backs plus a good youngster who maybe good as cover, on their books. It therefore makes sense to sell one so as to be able to get in another player. Unless of course they think they can get the EFL to loosen the penalties on them. Buchanan will bring in some needed cash, just how much and to whom. Pay day today. No money coming in from season tickets. Cash flow a problem.

Derby have two left backs plus a good youngster who maybe good as cover, on their books. It therefore makes sense to sell one so as to be able to get in another player. Unless of course they think they can get the EFL to loosen the penalties on them. Buchanan will bring in some needed cash, just how much and to whom. Pay day today. No money coming in from season tickets. Cash flow a problem.

I've heard that Derby have made a partial settlement to HMRC and have or are very close to submitting those accounts to EFL, which they are confident will mean that they could move them into a softer embargo - whilst the accounts are ratified.

Not sure how true that is, but a very good source - specifically the HMRC payment.