2021 Summer Transfer Thread | Page 112 | Vital Football

2021 Summer Transfer Thread

That’s a matter of opinion. He did OK. Bit of a stretch to say brilliantly. He managed 14 Lge 1 goals playing striker. Johnson managed 16 lge.1 goals last season, playing mainly on the wing. He may of come on a lot since then but maybe a bit of a Warnock gamble. Depends on price.

That’s a matter of opinion. He did OK. Bit of a stretch to say brilliantly. He managed 14 Lge 1 goals playing striker. Johnson managed 16 lge.1 goals last season, playing mainly on the wing. He may of come on a lot since then but maybe a bit of a Warnock gamble. Depends on price.
He managed 14 in half a season Polly.

You'd say that's ok for any striker, especially a very young one

He’s a Croatia u21 international playing for a team in the country’s top division. We have just nearly been relegated to the third tier. If he does think he is too good for us, how wrong would he actually be?

I would expect the Championship to be better than the Croatian top tier though (albeit not as big a gap as some other smaller countries' top tiers).

And Forest are only good enough for the championship at the moment if you are being staggeringly optimistic.

Look - I'm not disputing the fact that our squad is absolute, pure dogshit, but that doesn't detract from the fact that he ought not to be too good for us.

It's not as if he's been on fire with his club form to go straight to a Serie A or Bundesliga where Croatians often move to as the next step from their own league.

I would expect the Championship to be better than the Croatian top tier though (albeit not as big a gap as some other smaller countries' top tiers).
You would expect so but we were near the bottom of it so not sure we would have much of a leg to stand on in that discussion.

In an ideal world we wouldn’t be considering a player like him except for our u23s but things are far from ideal and on a loan to buy I would be more than happy to see what he can do.

Please for the love of god can we do some business! This is absolutely tedious. Not even a sniff of a transfer in sight and we’re just a week away now. Come on Forest. We’ve all been patient.

Please for the love of god can we do some business! This is absolutely tedious. Not even a sniff of a transfer in sight and we’re just a week away now. Come on Forest. We’ve all been patient.

Just like our first signing of the summer, out of absolutely nowhere, not a sniff he was coming here then announced.

Can see how this is going to go already. Sell Worrall and bring in an influx of bums.

True, but given we need 2 strikers, a winger, a left back, a right back and two midfielders with a week to go… we need to announce more.

Not happening in the next week is it, will happen before the end of the window when the market starts moving. Were not in the free transfer market, wherein the purchase and loan market which is not moving right now. Difference of targeting players clubs want to keep or are in high demand I suppose.

Not happening in the next week is it, will happen before the end of the window when the market starts moving. Were not in the free transfer market, wherein the purchase and loan market which is not moving right now. Difference of targeting players clubs want to keep or are in high demand I suppose.

Hope you’re right, but the importance of having players in early enough to gel shouldn’t be dismissed. Each day they aren’t in, whether it’s because of the market or not, is a day less for Hughton to coach them together and turn them into a progressive team.