2021 Pre Season | Page 17 | Vital Football

2021 Pre Season

I know they were only pre-season friendlies but it was encouraging to see a more attacking style of play and more positive passing than under the last one's tenure.

Dele looks as if he is enjoying his football again, great celebration with him and Son last night when he scored. Moura has been impressive in all the games, I wonder if we will see a different player than the one under Nuno's style of play.

Good to see some of the younger players having game time, hopefully a good sign for the future.

Logic would say that Lloris will start as 1st choice league keeper whilst Gollini will use ECL and domestic cups to try and oust Hugo. Some odds on it being the other way around of course.

I don't see Alfie being involved. He needs a loan, but I can't figure out who then becomes 3rd choice if Hart goes to somewhere like Celtic.

Is there a twist to come with Hugo leaving?

I did warn it's still on the cards.

I've been impressed with Whiteman in pre-season. He is a bit unpredictable for corners but he's a decent shot stopper and has done himself proud this pre-season.

Like you, I've been impressed too; calm collected and quick reactions, needs some experience, but he looks like a very decent goalkeeper in the making - it would be good to see him get a tough loan though.

Showed some grit last night with that pen save. I like him. He probably needs a loan to get regular games now.

If I've been disappointed by anyone at the moment, i expected more, he was almost bullied in a some of our pre-season games, but as he's still coming back from a bad injury, I'll reserve judgement. He needs to improve to take a regular place is my current expectation of him.

Some very interesting heat maps are appearing in last night's game.

Firstly, Nuno's full-backs are very wide. Centre halves are as expected, but not too deep. We then have one midfielder that is protecting the back four, Skipp. His heat map is in the middle third but biased to the right.

What is interesting is that Dele and John are showing wider heat maps than Moura and Bergwijn with Son's heat map being on the right of centre.

I'm already feeling that any team that attack down our left side is more likely to get through than on a side that has Doherty, Skipp, John, Moura and Son.

Makes you wonder whether Nuno has any intention to get it balanced as players come back or whether guys like Reggie, Dele and Bergwijn will just have to suck it up and put in a bigger defensive shift on that side of the pitch.

So who is nailed on to start against City in 2 weeks time?

Hugo

Doherty
Dier
?
Reggie

Dele
?
?

Lucas
Bergwinj
Son
It seems that Sanchez is being shipped out and we haven't seen anything of Rodon so I would imagine that Tanganga would be taking the last defensive spot. Unless Romero comes in in the next week which doesn't fit in with Spurs' usually transfer timeline...
In midfield I would guess that Hojbjerg will be back by then so he'll play. Then I'd imagine Skipp will play alongside him.

It seems that Sanchez is being shipped out and we haven't seen anything of Rodon so I would imagine that Tanganga would be taking the last defensive spot. Unless Romero comes in in the next week which doesn't fit in with Spurs' usually transfer timeline...
In midfield I would guess that Hojbjerg will be back by then so he'll play. Then I'd imagine Skipp will play alongside him.

It looks like Tanganga's agent is trying to line up a loan move, that can only happen if the club have told him to find that possibility.

It looks like Tanganga's agent is trying to line up a loan move, that can only happen if the club have told him to find that possibility.
Interesting that Mike McGrath was reporting that Galatasaray are interested in loaning him. He's been pretty accurate on Spurs news over the last year or so

Ndombele was rumoured to have become a father just before the last game and there was speculation that that was why he didn't play. Has anyone spotted him in the training photos? Perhaps his partner was in France and there's been some sort of quarantining?

I guess it's very possible that some of those that are missing could have tested positive or have been in close contact.
Ndombele was back in training today.