2021 Pre Season | Page 16 | Vital Football

2021 Pre Season

He did exactly what Son did earlier. Nobody even mentioned it when our super South Korean captain with his bumper new contract missed an open goal.

Bergwijn needs a goal though.
The difference is that Son usually scores them. Plus, Son's wasn't anywhere as near as obvious but you could see what Bergwijn was going to do ages before he shot so it was a relatively easy save

We've intercepted a lot of their passes from the back. Well done Moura.

That's fair. He's doing a lot right, but doesn't look like a starter based on what we've seen in pre-season. Was a nice assist for Son the other day though.

Moura is stealing the show in pre-season so far. Be interesting to see what happens when we move on to the better sides.

The first corner that the keeper didn't come out for (correct decision this time) ended up being the time we concede!

Why was it a corner and not a throw-in though? CCV is right footed and shanked it. He must have learned that from Davinson :-)

Whiteman - I'd be worried whenever he gets a start
CCV - not overly impressed
Skipp - better replacement for WInks, but became very rash before being subbed.
Berg - Gonna need more than a goal to impress
Dele - Moving in the right direction

Under Nuno I think the scene is set with a faster tempo but gelling required.

Running out of time and pre-season games to bed newbies (if and when they arrive).

Any thoughts on Lloris not getting any minutes?. ...'cos can't see Whiteman being a no. 2 this season.

Logic would say that Lloris will start as 1st choice league keeper whilst Gollini will use ECL and domestic cups to try and oust Hugo. Some odds on it being the other way around of course.

I don't see Alfie being involved. He needs a loan, but I can't figure out who then becomes 3rd choice if Hart goes to somewhere like Celtic.

Is there a twist to come with Hugo leaving?

He did exactly what Son did earlier. Nobody even mentioned it when our super South Korean captain with his bumper new contract missed an open goal.

Bergwijn needs a goal though.

We have been saying "damn, Berg really needs a goal" for a long time now. The dude's first step or move is usually ok...everything after that is shit.

Berg's confidence and attacking instincts were destroyed by Mourinho making him play as a box to box fullback. I've been impressed with his attacking movement and he seems to be regaining his attacking confidence, but as soon as he gets in those goal scoring positions he looks nervous as hell.

There is one hell of a player in there that just needs to break out. Nuno is giving him the right conditions to find that confidence now.

Moura looks fit....II think he loves the positivity of our forward play rather than wot Marmite instilled in our team!

Yeah Nuno's philosophy fits him pretty well...and I think Son will find it a revelation as well.

I like the quicker movement on and off the ball. Trying to split the defense vs...just kicking it over from the back after 50 defensive passes back and forth.

I really like what I see so far. Just need to get the whole team together...and fill a few more holes.

Berg's confidence and attacking instincts were destroyed by Mourinho making him play as a box to box fullback. I've been impressed with his attacking movement and he seems to be regaining his attacking confidence, but as soon as he gets in those goal scoring positions he looks nervous as hell.

There is one hell of a player in there that just needs to break out. Nuno is giving him the right conditions to find that confidence now.

I agree...every time I see him break out...I am like "FINALLY!!!!"...then...."SHIT!". Just grip it an rip it dude!!!