2021 Pre Season | Page 15 | Vital Football

2021 Pre Season

Ndombele was rumoured to have become a father just before the last game and there was speculation that that was why he didn't play. Has anyone spotted him in the training photos? Perhaps his partner was in France and there's been some sort of quarantining?

I guess it's very possible that some of those that are missing could have tested positive or have been in close contact.

We have one on the bench too!

So Hart, Aurier, Sess, Winks, and NDombele are the ones without an explanation. Big question marks over their future then.
Well Hart is talking to Celtic about a move apparently.

Aurier, hopefully, is on his way. Somewhere.

Winks has featured so may still have a role.

Ndombele and Sess are the big question marks for me. Both in pre-season but neither making the matchday squads.

Ndombele was rumoured to have become a father just before the last game and there was speculation that that was why he didn't play. Has anyone spotted him in the training photos? Perhaps his partner was in France and there's been some sort of quarantining?

I guess it's very possible that some of those that are missing could have tested positive or have been in close contact.
He was certainly in the photos in the first couple of weeks.

Just found a couple of Twitter refs - one from Alasdair Gold - confirming he became a dad about a week ago. That's a plausible explanation then.

Only 9 subs named too. That seems strange that youth players wouldn't even be brought along. Unless the plan is to give the players longer games than in the first 2 games

I think we need to pull our finger out re the striker(s) search. If we enter the season with forwards of Berg, Son and Moura then we'd be playing catch up from the off.

Moura looking good. Dele playing those thru balls to pace up front might be a bonus for the new season, it's Eriksenesque. John not really in the game much. Tanganga and CCV steady. Reggie a bit rusty understandably. Doherty quiet. Bergwijn looking fast but lacking the killer finish.

Moura looking good. Dele playing those thru balls to pace up front might be a bonus for the new season, it's Eriksenesque. John not really in the game much. Tanganga and CCV steady. Reggie a bit rusty understandably. Doherty quiet. Bergwijn looking fast but lacking the killer finish.
I agree, John has been disappointing. The game has just passed him by too much. I want him to take authority out there and really take his moment. It's frustrating when you see players like that, you just want to shake them into life

Bergwijn misses again. He never looks likely either when he's running up, you just know he's going to miss.

He did exactly what Son did earlier. Nobody even mentioned it when our super South Korean captain with his bumper new contract missed an open goal.

Bergwijn needs a goal though.