2020 Not a Total Bust | Vital Football

2020 Not a Total Bust

col8

Vital Football Legend
2020 has for some been a total bust and as we prepare to head into 2021 in lockdown I thought personally Its not been all bad, so leaving aside the bad bits what has been your 2020 good bits.
I used to work with the biggest arsehole on two legs, he went sick (fake sick) on January 6th and remained their until it go close to him going down to half pay and returned just before the tipping point only to inform the boss he was going to put his notice in, the boos got his leaving date and once HR had been contacted told him to clear his desk and not to worry about working his notice as he was concerned about his welfare……… GTFOH.
The guy employed to replace afore mentioned arsehole is a diamond, gets out from behind his desk and digs in with the workload, 1000% different from the last twat. Only downside is he supports Liverpool but I can forgive that being as he is such a decent bloke with a good sense of humour.

Another addition to the team is also a decent bloke, ex-army comes with loads baggage but we can live with that whilst he settles in and gets his life back in order….. bless him.

Also in 2020

I always fancied a Mercedes Benz and through doing a good deed for someone came across a C Class for a reasonable price with low millage and I have to say it’s a great drive and very comfortable, everything I hoped with would be.
And another bonus we have learned we don’t need to go shopping 4 times a week buying shit we don’t need….
And another bonus my phone contract ended so I kept the same phone and reduced my outgoings by £35 a month…….
And another bigger bonus Aston Villa have finally turned a corner from the dire straights we were in 2 years ago from going bankrupt under Dr Tony X to a new era, I am glad they kept Smith as manager and given him the money to sustain a decent run in the Premiership.
And another bonus is we have both been in really good health this year something we should never take for granted.
Another bonus is I get to watch Trump leave the Whitehouse, I may even book a day off work to enjoy this live…..

Well done Col, and thanks for a great thread.

Yes, whilst there have been many downsides, I still feel that 2020 has been a good year for many. I know lots of people that have connected with their family, friends and even neighbours like never before. Here it's more like a community than I have ever known it.

I feel so much better knowing that my sister no longer has to sit in rush hour traffic for 90 minutes plus a day. She will now work from home permanently.

Personally, I got an ebike, lost 2 stone and am healthier than 12 months ago.

It's not been too bad a year.

Glad it's only good sides-cos my first downside would have Jan 1st 2021 and hastily moves on 🤣

1/ The power of our 12 step fellowship that completely within a fortnight had moved everything from rooms to Zooms.

That's 100s of thousands of meetings all over the world in over 180 countries.

This has enabled us to get free parking and teleport anywhere in the world we want. I've done meetings i Canada, N.Z and Greece.

Thats just A.A. There is all the other 12 step programs too for Al-Anon, Al-A-TEEN, Coda, N.A, H.A, C.A, W.A, E.A, S.A x 2 types, another C.A and more

2/ Doing more 12 stepping. I try and avoid talking more, to newcomers and leave that to those with less than a few months to 10 year.

I find female newcomers difficult to deal with. They don't usually come near me though as they see too much "normaility" You can't kid a kidder and I'm blunt about there choices.

3/ Having a fellowship of like-minded people as I have supported with 12th step. Not about drinking. 12 step is about living and growing without the symptom ie alcohol

4/ More soul-searching! Covid19 as bought on feelings for people of how utterly powerless we all are.

Powerless over people, places, things and situations. Powerless NOT helpless. I need to change to meet conditions

Able to peel the onion off another layer and find out more about me

5/ Finding new ways to work

6/ New ways and layers of grief

7/ Appreciating more what I do have

8/ Thankful this has happened when it has because of www and having social media, video chat etc yo stay on touch

9/ For a lighthearted end cos I couldn't go on holiday buying a £300 Dyson hairdryer

Last edited: