2020/21 Spurs Player Ratings | Page 8 | Vital Football

2020/21 Spurs Player Ratings

We had no CB on the bench but have just sent CCV out on loan.....again !!

Yes, but as well as Dier we also have Japhet and Rodon. That's 5 centre halves and only 2 in the match day squad. Japhet can also play full-back which makes him a good sub option in my mind.

We had Davies on the bench who can play there, not particularly well but he can. Rodon has come to the right club to make a first-team place his.

West Ham ratings/

Lloris 6, Aurier 4, Sanchez 3, Alderweireld 5, Reguilon 7, Sissoko 5, Ndombele 6, Hojbjerg 7, Bergwijn 4, Kane 9, Son 8, Winks 3, Moura 4, Bale 5, Mourinho 4

I thought Toby had a very decent game, as did Sissoko. Ndombele was a 7 as was Iceberg.

Can you go through the card please 80 inc Jose.

Lloris 6, Aurier 5, Sanchez 3, Alderweireld 6, Reguilon 7, Sissoko 6, Ndombele 7, Hojbjerg 7, Bergwijn 4, Kane 8, Son 7, Winks 3, Moura 4, Bale 4, Mourinho 5

Mourinho got the first half correct.

Lloris 6
Aurier 4,
Sanchez 4,
Alderweireld 6.5
Reguilon 6.5
Sissoko 5
Ndombele 6.5
Hojbjerg 6
Bergwijn 3.5
Kane 9
Son 7

Winks 3.5
Moura 3,
Bale 5

Mourinho 4

Jose's subs were pretty much like for like when he needed to change the spam ascendancy not help it.

They weren't, he weakened us and we conceded even more space and reverted to a 4-4-2 and believed we could play containment football, and play on the break.

- 8 for Jose from me this week.

Lloris 6
Aurier 5
Sanchez 3
Alderweireld 6
Reguilon 6.5
Sissoko 5
Ndombele 7.5
Hojbjerg 6
Bergwijn 3
Kane 9
Son 7

Winks 3.5
Moura 2
Bale 5

Last edited:
Lloris 6, Aurier 4, Alderweireld 6, Sanchez 3, Reguilon 7, Sissoko 4, N’Dombele 7, Hojbjerg 7, Bergwyn 5, Kane 9, Son 7, Winks 4, Bale 5, Moura 4, Mourinho 4

Vs Spammers

Starters

Lloris - 6 - Let down by his teammates. Unlucky with Lanzini's strike.
Aurier - 6 - Was fairly solid but was naive with the last foul.
Alderweireld - 5 - Very average but ok.
Sanchez - 4 - Looked uncomfortable at LCB. Awkward own goal.
Reguilon - 6 - Excellent assist but not great defensively
Hojbjerg - 6 - Decent first half, disappeared entire second half.
Sissoko - 5 - Did ok all game but at fault for their first goal.
Ndombele - 8 - Positive, powerful and subbing him left a massive hole.
Bergwijn - 6 - Looked tired. Had a couple of moments but very quiet.
Son - 8 - Was excellent again and always positive.
Kane - 10 - The perfect performance.

Subs

Bale - 5 - Didn't look fit yet and should have scored.
Winks - 4 - Came on and hid.
Lucas - 5 - Didn't really get into the game. Spent most of his time in our third.

Manager

Jose - 4 - Great start to the game but from 20minutes on he may as well have not been there. Wrong choice of subs and wrong tactics after quickly going 3-0 up. He is failing to teach this team how to manage games.

This: I am sooo bloody angry with him - still !!

Manager

Jose - 4 - Great start to the game but from 20minutes on he may as well have not been there. Wrong choice of subs and wrong tactics after quickly going 3-0 up. He is failing to teach this team how to manage games.

They weren't, he weakened us and we conceded even more space and reverted to a 4-4-2 and believed we could play containment football, and play on the break.

- 8 for Jose from me this week.

Lloris 6
Aurier 5
Sanchez 3
Alderweireld 6
Reguilon 6.5
Sissoko 5
Ndombele 7.5
Hojbjerg 6
Bergwijn 3
Kane 9
Son 7

Winks 3.5
Moura 2
Bale 5

Subs like for like I meant position for position. Winks for Ndombele ( both MF ) , Bale for Bergwijn ( both attack ) and Moura for Son ( both attack ) . With what Jose had on the bench, that was like for like. At 3-0 up we didnt need to finish with a flourish. We needed watchful and strong players like Doherty and Davies to preserve our lead. Davies at LB, push Reggie up. Bergwijn off. Doherty at RB , push Aurier up Son off. Winks for Ndombele I'm ok with. So we end the game with Lloris, Doherty, Toby, Sanchez, Davies, Hojbjerg ,Aurier, Winks, Reggie, Sissoko, Kane, 4,5,1.

Full match now up on website.
Think that maybe the below ratings may interest you Nick. They are taken from the player ratings for the West Ham game on the BBC Sport App!

Spurs - Kane 6.28, Son 6.22, Ndombele 4.67, Hojbjerg 4.56, Reguilon 4.49 Lloris 4.43 Bale 4.24 Bergwijn 4.16 Sissoko 4.12 Alderweireld 4.08 Winks 3.83 Aurier 3.82
Moura 3.79 Sanchez 3,32
Average for Spurs 4.43

West Ham - Lanzini 8.58 Rice 7.57 Souceck 7.52 Cresswell 7.52 Bowen 7.47 Snodgrass 7.46 Yamulenko 7.42 Antonio 7,34 Fornals 7.28 Balbuena 7.19 Coufal 7.12 Ogbonna 7.09 Masuaku 7.08 Fabianski 6.86
Average for West Ham 7.39

Apparently every West Ham player had a better game than Harry Kane, and West Ham were 67% better than us all over the pitch.

I don't know who determines these ratings and how, but it sometimes upsets me that social media can be a source of drivel like this being made public.

Think that maybe the below ratings may interest you Nick. They are taken from the player ratings for the West Ham game on the BBC Sport App!

Spurs - Kane 6.28, Son 6.22, Ndombele 4.67, Hojbjerg 4.56, Reguilon 4.49 Lloris 4.43 Bale 4.24 Bergwijn 4.16 Sissoko 4.12 Alderweireld 4.08 Winks 3.83 Aurier 3.82
Moura 3.79 Sanchez 3,32
Average for Spurs 4.43

West Ham - Lanzini 8.58 Rice 7.57 Souceck 7.52 Cresswell 7.52 Bowen 7.47 Snodgrass 7.46 Yamulenko 7.42 Antonio 7,34 Fornals 7.28 Balbuena 7.19 Coufal 7.12 Ogbonna 7.09 Masuaku 7.08 Fabianski 6.86
Average for West Ham 7.39

Apparently every West Ham player had a better game than Harry Kane, and West Ham were 67% better than us all over the pitch.

I don't know who determines these ratings and how, but it sometimes upsets me that social media can be a source of drivel like this being made public.

Absolute bollox ratings mostly for our players. Antonio should have seen red after his elbow in Sissokos face, he was already on a yellow for a rash tackle on Son . Ref bottled it.

My player ratings , I will collate media and forum posters shortly.

Lloris 6, Aurier 4, Reggie 5, Toby 6, Sanchez 3, Hojbjerg 5, Sissoko 6, Ndombele 8, Bergwijn 6, Son 8, Kane 9, Bale 5, Winks 5, Moura 4.
Jose 5

I tried but couldnt rate Sissoko any lower than a 6, he defended well on the whole. Aurier I wanted to give a 5 but the needless fouls tipped it. Bergwijn was slightly better than I originally thought but perhaps a little invisible. I hope Aurier isnt the 1 in 10 player some others are accused of.

Average ratings by forum posters numbering 9 inc me. No media this time as there were only 3 I could find.
Lloris 6
Aurier 4.5
Toby 5.93
Sanchez 3.37
Reggie 6.5
Hojbjerg 6.25
Sissoko 5.12
Ndombele 7
Bergwijn 4.56
Son 7.37
Kane 9
Bale 4.87
Winks 4
Moura 3.75
Jose 4.12

There is an element of venting perhaps in the above for a few players .
Only my opinion of course.
Is there any you guys dont agree with ?

V West Ham: Still depressed thinking about theose final 12 minutes!

Lloris 6 -- If he'd saved Lanzini's shot at the end, I'd be giving him an 8. Not exactly his fault, but he might have done better.
Aurier 6
-- Did okay for the most part, wasted some crosses in good areas on occasions but wasn't terrible.
Sanchez 5 -- He had to go for the cross so can't fault him for that, however, I wasn't surprised that the ball ended up in the back of the net. Never seems to be in control and I always feel there's a mistake on the horizon with him and so must his team mates.
Alderweireld 6 --Toby was good.
Reguilon 6 -- Very good in spells, got caught out on occasions and a superb ball in for Kane's second. Even though he's settling in, I've been impressed so far.

Sissoko 5 -- How a big, strong lad like him gets dominated for their first goal was shocking.
Ndombele 6 -- Had some excellent moments in the game followed by periods of absence where he appeared to be taking a breather. Still worried about his fitness but encouraged from other things I see, like his improved hold up play and of course, his passing.
Hojbjerg 6 -- Put in a shift. 3-0 up so early, I felt we stepped back and never really got on top in midfield, especially throughout the second half.

Bergwijn 5 -- It's just not happening for the lad right now. Looks completely out of sorts.
Son 7 -- Very good in the first half but dropped a level after the break.
Kane 8
-- Superb first half and unlucky not to score in the second. Would be higher rated but I felt he too, like the rest of the team, dropped a level in the second half.

Winks 3 -- What can I say, but next time you're on the edge of the box in injury time, team under the cosh ... put it into Row Z! Has played poorly all season.
Moura 3 -- Part of me feels he was unlucky to come into a team that had completely lost the momentum of the game, but he too takes some blame in the build up to Davinson's og.
Bale 4 -- Made the hard part look easy in the build up to his glorious chance only to fluff his lines. Encouraging to see that though.

Mourinho 7 -- No, his subs didn't pay off, but I'm not going to place too much blame on him. 3-0 up with 9 minutes to go, our epic collapse is mostly on the players who should bear the brunt of the blame.

Can't wait for the next few games to hopefully wipe the painful memory of how this one ended.