2020/21 Spurs Player Ratings | Page 33 | Vital Football

2020/21 Spurs Player Ratings

Ratings vs United

Lloris 6 - Some good, some bad. Too much bad these days though, time to go.
Aurier 6.5 - Played OK
Dier 6 - A reject ageing CF often outclassed our CB's
Rodon 6.5 - As per Dier, but continues to show potential
Reguilon 5.5 - Mediocre, Shaw looked different class in comparison
Hojbjerg 6 - Looks like a player who has played too much football
Ndombele 6.5 - Good ball retention, but nowhere near enough end product
Lo Celso 5.5 - Increasingly ineffective
Moura 7 5 - Gives his all in every game
Son 6.5 - Sojskjaer comments were out of order, but Sonny can be a bit of a woosy who doesn't like the physical side of the game, and often over reacts.
Kane 6 - We needed more from him

Sissoko 5.5 - Presumably sent on to protect a point, didn't succeed.
Lamela 6 - No real impact
Bale - Not on long enough. Has shown in limited game time that he can still influence matches, so either play him, or let him go and play golf, don't expect five minute miracles.

Mourinho 5.5 - Can't be blamed for the defeat, the other team were better, but should they be. Give me David Moyes any day of the week!

Lloris 6.5
Aurier 6.5
Dier 6
Rodon 7.5
Reguilon 6
Hojbjerg 7
Ndombele 6.5
Lo Celso 6
Moura 6
Son 6
Kane 6

Sissoko 4
Lamela 5 - No real impact

Mourinho 4

Lloris 7 - one outstanding save

Aurier 6 - mostly committed, but bang average
Dier 6 - looked better on the right, but still had his wobbles.
Rodon 7.5 - our best player
Reggie 6 - trying to find his best form, but below par

Hojbjerg 5.5 - way too deep all game. Our biggest tactical problem.
Ndombele 6.5 - so much potential but can't do it consistently.
Gio 6 - mentally weak, needs to imagine he has an Argentina or Betis shirt on and start taking responsibility.

Moura 7 - one of his better games, but still no end product
Kane 5 - more of the same average all-round play we've seen for a while.
Son 5.5 - hope they find the sniper that shot him at the same time as the little flick in the face. Good finish though.

Sissoko 4 - I bet Norwich wouldn't touch him with yours
Lamela 6 - fitted in well with the averageness on view
Bale 4 - they got Cavini, a total pro and big contributor to their season. We, unfortunately, got Bale and his baggage.

Jose - can add Ole to the long list of managers who have owned him this season. Sanchez is the latest to buy a Jose doll and is sticking pins in it. Dele's doll has been punctured so many times, all the insides are falling out. There's nothing left of it, like Jose's career.

v Man U

Hugo - 6.5
Aurier - 6
Dier - 6
Rodon - 8
Reg - 5.8
PEH - 6.5
ND - 6.7
LoCo - 6
Moura - 7.0
Son - 6.7
Kane - 6

Lamela - 5.5
Sissoko - 5.0

Jose - 5

This is the first time, with the exception of Rodon, n my ratings all players were within 1 point of each other for the WHOLE game. Subs don't count in the latter statement and if for any reason they out score a starter, then the manager or the subbed player should be questioned.

We were beaten by a better organised, more cohesive and more 'wanted it more' set of players and coach. Been a story of our season so so far!

Last edited:
My ratings v Utd
Lloris 4.5, Aurier 4, Dier 6, Rodon 6, Reggie 4.5, Hojbjerg 5, Ndombele 5, Moura 6.5, Loco 5, Son 7, Kane 6, Sissoko 4, Lamela 6.

Jose 5

Last edited:
Average player ratings v Utd across 10 media/web and 6 forum posters. Media in second column.

Lloris 6.25 , 5.70
Aurier 6, 5.05
Dier 6, 5.45
Rodon 7.41, 6.20
Reggie 5.83, 4.70
Hojbjerg 6.08, 5.95
Ndombele 6.50, 5.15
Moura 6.83, 6.75
Loco 5.75, 5.55
Son 6.41, 6.80
Kane 5.83, 6.20
Sissoko 4.58, 4.90
Lamela 5.75, 5.50

Jose 4.91.

I just noticed the full 90 minutes is now up on Spurs website. I might have another look at Rodon. Reggie came out badly in the ratings so I may watch him too.

Lloris. 5 didn’t do a lot .. right or wrong .
Toby 5 .... ditto
Rodon 8.5 looks good and getting better .
Dier 5 ......mystery what he does do .
Aurier , 5 still can’t pass a ball .
Hojbjerg 5 , ditto . Too deep to do anything
Loco , 5 mystery what he does do .
Ndom 5 trying to be Paul Parker , poorly
Son 5 . Was he playing ?
Reggie , 5 playing to a different tune.
Kane 5 Needs to be involved in the game . We have our own George Graham .
Sissoko 4 , who ?
moura 4
Dele 8 he didn’t give the ball away ,once !!!!!

JM 3 pathetic .

Hugo - 6.0 - was alert.
Aurier - 4.0 - nothing of note at both ends of pitch.
Toby - 5.0 Good training session, seeing Jose didn't see him back at base.
Dier - 5.0 good, bad and so so.
Rodon - 7.2 - Improving. Keep it up lad.
Reggie - 5.2 - Better than Aurier, apart from peno, less erratic.
Hoj - 5.0 - Can only assume Jose decides how deep he plays.
NDom - Some good tricks, assist, but as expected tired in that demanding set up.
Sissoko - 3.9 - made up numbers. No idea of his role.
Son - 6.0 - Worked hard but no product with limited support.
Kane - 7.0 - Apart from being at the right place at the right time x 2. Not much.

Subs - 4.5 - too little too late.

Jose - 3.5 - Hope he has a sore a*se sitting on that chair for 85+ mins.

Unfortunately this thread has become a bit stereotyped, bang average scores for bang average performances. It would be great to give seven, eights and nines for an exhilarating, committed, exciting performance, but that doesn't look like happening anytime soon. My scores are all inflated by half a point, by virtue of us not losing.
Lloris 6 - Bang average.
Aurier 5.5 - Bang average,
Alderweireld 5.5 - Gives the impression that he finds it as boring as we do.
Rodon 6.5 - Continues to improve.
Dier 5.5 - Seldom anything other than average these days
Reguilon 5 - Less than average
Sissoko 4.5 - At best he's bang average, didn't reach that level
Hojbjerg 5 - Going backwards, starts to look very ordinary
Ndombele 7 - Put in a good shift, but was handed an almost impossible task
Son 5.5 - Barely average
Kane 7.5 - Two excellent finishes courtesy of great Michael Keane assists. Other than that, bang average.

Mourinho 2.5 - Achieved what he set out to achieve, we didn't lose

My ratings v Everton
Lloris 6, Aurier 5, Toby 5, Rodon 6, Dier 5.5, Reggie 4 Ndombele 4, Hojbjerg 5, Sissoko 4, Son 5.5, Kane 7, Lamela 6, Moura 5.5
Jose 3.

My ratings v Soton first half then second half

Loris 9 and 8 Superb double save in first 5 minutes.
Reguillon 8 and 8 great energy on the left all the game
Toby 7 and 7 did all he had to do
Dier 7 and 7 Did all he had to do
Brain dead 6....and 6 at least no mist over eyes tonite
Hojberg 8 and 8 much better further up the pitch
Ndomblel 5 and 4 what do people see in him?
Lo Celco 5 and 7 grew into the game ...needs more game time
Son 4 and 8 found his mojo again second half
Moura 5 and 6 lots of misguided energy
Bale 7 and 9 got us back in it with class

Lloris 8 - Great saves early on kept us in the game. Totally assured thereafter.

Aurier 5 - A couple of good defensive tackles but so many defensive errors in different compartments of his game. I can't think of a single positive contribution going forward.

Toby 6.5 - Got away with it early on with that poor jump. Age is limiting his ability to push up but he rarely makes obvious mistakes.

Dier 7 - A better performance. It was a tough first half for us defensively but he was solid and assured throughout. Long passing was better as well.

Reggie 6.5 - As good as he is going forward, defensively he is so suspect. He has to work on this side of his game. But going forward he has boundless energy and poses a real threat to opponents.

PEH 7 - Involved throughout. Some good defensive tackles and interceptions. A tendency still to slow things down when in possession with better options ahead of him. But got further forward when necessary in this game.

Ndombele 5.5 - As one of his stanchest supporters he's really beginning to annoy me now. This is the sort of game he should be owning. He isn't looking for the ball enough and when he has it he's playing far too safe. He has great technique, vision and passing ability, and he should be using that to get us into attack-mode faster. Far too much pirouetting which is making him predictable. In his defence there was some very static players around him.

Gio 6.5 - A mixed night for Gio. He was always looking to be involved. He can be a sublime passer of the ball and he made a few quick, incisive passes which created opportunities for us. At other times he held on to it too long and lost possession. That's a problem that afflicts many of our players though.

Bale 8 - He didn't provide much protection for Aurier but he channelled his energy in the attacking areas really well. I love his one-touch passes that open up defences. He reads the game and links the play up so well. Great technique and composure for his goal.

Moura 4 - Back in one-trick pony mode. Give him time and space to get his head down and run with the ball he can be effective. Normally you can rely on him to provide energy if not quality but last night I watched him just walking around the pitch, not anticipating the play, not offering himself to players on the ball, only moving when the ball came near him. He's a fish out of water with players like Bale, Kane, Gio, Dele and Ndombele around him. I have two criticisms of Ryan last night: starting Moura in the number 9 and leaving him on for the whole of the second half.

Son 6 - No doubting his commitment and willingness to try and make things happen. Not many moments of real quality though. We really need to get him running on to the ball more. He spends too much time picking it up with his back to goal. Great penalty under pressure.

Winks 6 - Not much time to really influence the game. Nothing wrong and nothing spectacular.

Lamela 5.5 - As with Winks

Berg 4 - No impact on the game and to be fair it was too late when he came on to make a fair assessment.

Ryan 6.5 - Understandable reliance on the senior players to start with. He can't start with the Toby/Dier combo on Sunday though. A much improved second half and evidence that he sees we're at our best when we move the ball fast. Sound enough subs.

Last edited:
Lloris 7. Better than normal
, lucky with the second of the double save , the saves that stopped the Saints going two up ! According to Coleman on the commentary !!!!!! B
Aurier 6, lost in a changing world .

Toby 7 didn’t do anything wrong
Dier 7 . Ditto

Reggie 7 A lot like his “old self”

PEH 6 looks tired , probably is .
Bale 8 showed lots of enthusiasm for a change , great goal .
Moura 7 Think he had been told to get out there and run about a bit too often .
Ndom 5 looks like he is carrying the weight of the world on his shoulders .
Gio 6 a yard too slow in most of his play
Son 7 , starting to realise he has a job to do .

Winks. 6 .....did well ,
Lamela ......didn’t notice him
Berg , didn’t notice him either .

Mason , 8. Looked a bit like a rabbit in the headlight . Made subs at the right time . Ndom had to come off , .

My ratings would be

Lloris 9 - he single handedely changed the narrative of this fixture with his first half display. Captain fantastic

Aurier 5.5. - just isn't technically good enough at any of the attributes required to be a full-back. Considering he's an international captain, he doesn't even have the leadership to set expectations of what he expects from Bale. That should include some really harsh words at times. Imagine Neville behind Bale in the first half.

Toby 4.5 - Spurs shouldn't have to compromise their team setup over one man. To get on the front foot, Toby needs stepping down. He was a lucky boy not to be the villain of the piece for not getting to the header before Lloris's double save.

Dier 7 - much-maligned recently, but mostly solid last night. Still playing out of position on the left. Still looks too heavy for me.

Reggie 6.5 - we need more from this guy. Think Rose at his very best owning the whole left hand side and in everyone's faces. That is what Reggie needs to be striving to achieve.

Hojbjerg 7 - much better. Got involved in mostly the right areas. Clearly not a craftsman like the others but did his job well.

Ndombele 5 - we're almost at the point where this guy might need to spend some time back on the bench. He'll end up wasting his career unless he starts to address his weaknesses.

Gio 6 - was very poor in the second half. Caught him ambling back multiple times and, like Bale, was a big part of the reason Aurier was struggling with overload on his side. However, Gio grew into the game.

Son 6 - we need more, but he did OK and got the clinching penalty. Good finish for the disallowed goal.

Moura 5 - running around a lot is not an excuse for this guy to be in the side. Impact sub maybe, but it's going to get very frustrating if he continues to get preferential treatment and doesn't deliver.

Bale 7 - played pretty well at times and showed some leadership in our attacking play. It still bugs me that at the times when we're boxed in you can see him in passenger mode.

Subs:

Lamela 6 - did OK, and brought his normal urgency.
Winks 6 - stepped in seamlessly
Bergwijn - not long enough

Mason 7 - happy for him to get his first win. Slightly contradicted himself by saying that the ones that had shown the most in training got the selection. Then we had to watch the first half. Seemed to address some wrongs at half time though as we saw a different team in the second half. He must be careful with his loyalties to Toby moving forward.

Average player ratings against Everton across 10 media/ web reports and 4 forum posters. Media in second column.

Lloris 5.75, 7.20
Aurier 4.87, 5.10
Toby 5.12, 5.60
Dier 5.25, 5.15
Rodon 7, 6.15
Reggie 4.75, 4.40
Hojbjerg 5, 5.30
Ndombele 5.25, 5.15
Son 5.50, 5.70
Kane 6.62, 8.10
Lamela 6, 5.80
Moura 4.87, 5.40
Sissoko 4, 5.90

Jose 3.

My ratings v Southampton

Lloris 7, Aurier 4, Toby 5.5, Dier 6, Reggie 6.5, Hojbjerg 6.5, Ndombele 4, Loco 6, Moura 5.5 , Bale 7.5, Son 6.5, Winks 5.5, Lamela 5.5, Bergwijn 4.5.
Mason 5.

Lloris 8, Aurier 3, Toby 6.5, Dier 6.5, Reggie 6.5, Hojbjerg 6.5, Ndombele 4, Loco 6.5, Moura 5 , Bale 7, Son 6, Winks 6, Lamela 5, Bergwijn 4.

Mason 6. whatever he did at halftime made us look like a rolls royce team in the second half, where we were a set of old skoda's in the first.